• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can't help but think that we are

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I sreiously dooubt that that thought went through his head prior to trowing the ball down. It happened almost immediately. I tore my ACL skiing. I know it hurts but his reaction was way over the top.

I don't know. I ruptured my Achilles a couple years ago. It didn't hurt that bad, but I immediately reacted by shouting (some choice profanities) because I knew immediately what I'd done and what it meant. And that was just because I knew it would make my life very difficult for the next 6+ months, not because I was worried about my career being over or seriously affected. I have no idea what happened to Manningham, and I was frustrated as hell that he fumbled, but it's hard to know what something like that does to different people.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I ruptured my Achilles a couple years ago. It didn't hurt that bad, but I immediately reacted by shouting (some choice profanities) because I knew immediately what I'd done and what it meant. And that was just because I knew it would make my life very difficult for the next 6+ months, not because I was worried about my career being over or seriously affected. I have no idea what happened to Manningham, and I was frustrated as hell that he fumbled, but it's hard to know what something like that does to different people.

Agreed. And though the tackle looks routine here, you can definitely see something strange going on the lower inside of his left knee.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr5PLjIA-KY]Mario Manningham's Knee 49ers vs Seahawks 12-23-2012 - YouTube[/ame]

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess I'm not that concerned. Watching all these other teams around in the NFL, I still think we're one of the very few good teams out there. I hated the way our offense looked overall and that is probably my only concern. Also, it's only week 2. I'll admit that I was concerned at first but after a couple of days of settling down, I do feel a lot better. I actually feel a lot better knowing that we beat GB, even if it was at home.

agree, on paper anyway. for me it is because we have a good D, maybe not THE best, but a good D.

IF we lose to the Rams next Thursday, then i'll be a little concerned. :-)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think we could use a little perspective on the offense. This offense has frankly been pretty bad for the better part of the last decade. We saw some resurgence under Harbaugh in general, and a bit more under Kaepernick, but keep in mind that in terms of yardage, this team was 26th in 2011, 24th in 2010, 27th in 2009, etc. They have been slightly better in terms of points, particularly in 2011, but much of that was fueled by the D and STs, with conservative play on offense. Suddenly, many of us (myself included to an extent) expect to have one of the top offenses in the league. It's not shocking we'd have some breakdowns. I just didn't expect them to be as great as they were against Seattle.

I would like to see us try to get our younger receiving options some more looks. Moore hasn't really impressed through the first two games. Why not see what Patton, Baldwin, and even Harper have to offer? Not to mention giving McDonald more opportunities. At worst, these guys should be able to produce what Moore has on the field.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that down. Everyone knew Seattle at home would be hard. This game leaves me feeling like the last lost to the seahawks felt. We where still a good team despite that ass whipping, and i think the same is true now. Seahawks are the team for us to beat, they have a working formula and we need to figure out how to crack it, but I think we will comeback to normal next week.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that down. Everyone knew Seattle at home would be hard. This game leaves me feeling like the last lost to the seahawks felt. We where still a good team despite that ass whipping, and i think the same is true now. Seahawks are the team for us to beat, they have a working formula and we need to figure out how to crack it, but I think we will comeback to normal next week.

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is the fact that both of those losses came right after big wins. The Niners could have had a bit of a let down.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not that bummed we lost; I figured we most likely would. I'm just disappointed with the way we lost. The offense was terrible at pretty much every level, and that was discouraging.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the apparent disregard of what got us "here" on the offense has me flipping out...

never thought there would be a full transition to the read option... very disappointing with the results... of course its only wk 2

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the apparent disregard of what got us "here" on the offense has me flipping out...

never thought there would be a full transition to the read option... very disappointing with the results... of course its only wk 2

Agreed re: the apparent abandonment of the power run game. Hopefully last week was a wake-up call and we go back to the scheme that works best for our team as a whole. I don't mind a little read option, but it should be less than 25% of what we do IMO. Especially against a team like the Hawks that is a little smaller and faster in the front-seven, and was just charging upfield.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bring back the double TE sets.... i want to see a guard pull... i want to see our OL getting back to business... work off the PA, set up the run... don't make this offense all about Kap.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
bring back the double TE sets.... i want to see a guard pull... i want to see our OL getting back to business... work off the PA, set up the run... don't make this offense all about Kap.

That's been my concern since Kap showed such promise. Not that he isn't capable of handling it, but I don't see why they would want it to be all on him right now. We have a team that's built to run, but is currently struggling for a number of reasons. Kap has had a lot of success with play action, as well.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On the bright side it seems like it's the norm for that scrappy barely make the playoffs type team to win the SB.

Ravens
Giants
Packers

So maybe it's a good thing we have some adversity throughout the year. :D

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed re: the apparent abandonment of the power run game. Hopefully last week was a wake-up call and we go back to the scheme that works best for our team as a whole. I don't mind a little read option, but it should be less than 25% of what we do IMO. Especially against a team like the Hawks that is a little smaller and faster in the front-seven, and was just charging upfield.

What do you do though when they've got 8 in the box and are dominating your offensive line?