• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can't help but think that we are

TruHoxFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok you got the Colts this sunday...........time to tell Indy that they just ran out of Luck. And I mean totally kick the living shit out of those pansies. Get to feeling better and ride out the rest of the season licking your chops for a chance at payback in December. Best wishes to you all for the remainder of the season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the D will be fine. They were playing very well until they simply started to wear down and made some fantastically stupid plays (granted the unnecessary roughness on Aldon was kind of BS IMO). We may need to put Wright to use at some point, but I think we'll be ok on that side of the ball.

The offense concerns me a bit. I think we need to go back to the power run game. I'm fine with a little read option mixed in, but we should be a power-running team first and foremost. I'm not crazy about Roman right now. He's very effective at shifting players to tip the D's hand in terms of coverages, etc. But he seems to run into trouble with a team like Seattle that doesn't do much tricky stuff. They just man up and come at you. I was very disappointed with the way we approached this game. We should have run some power running plays, looked to Davis, and attempted to move Boldin around to avoid Sherman. There didn't seem to be much of that.

The coaching staff really let me down this week. I need to see them bounce back. I believe they can do that, but Sunday was a tremendous disappointment on offense.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious what Mangini brought to the table last week. I thought his claim to fame is preparing our O for opposing defenses??????

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a couple of days to calm down, I feel a title more optimistic. The defense actually played well until the offense was totally shut down and they tired. We need Crabs and Manningham back as we all know. I think we just need to start off by getting a win against the Colts, hopefully in convincing fashion and get back to feeling good about ourselves again. They definitely need to figure out a better way to attack Seattle on offense but we have almost 3 months to do that.

It will be fine. They can still achieve everything they set out to achieve.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After a couple of days to calm down, I feel a title more optimistic. The defense actually played well until the offense was totally shut down and they tired. We need Crabs and Manningham back as we all know. I think we just need to start off by getting a win against the Colts, hopefully in convincing fashion and get back to feeling good about ourselves again. They definitely need to figure out a better way to attack Seattle on offense but we have almost 3 months to do that.

It will be fine. They can still achieve everything they set out to achieve.

agree, said before the game my concern was how they respond the following week? win or lose they have to get past the last game.

to me, don't worry about Seattle - or the Rams and Cardinals for that matter - till the week we play them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
still need that big mammal to take on blockers for Willis n Bowman

yep, was most disappointed in how our D-line couldn't hold the LOS? while we can't expect to shut-down every play, too many went for yardage. this isn't just the NT, but all front 7.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, was most disappointed in how our D-line couldn't hold the LOS? while we can't expect to shut-down every play, too many went for yardage. this isn't just the NT, but all front 7.

well a NT helps though... i agree with what your saying about the front 7 but realistically IMO a true or capable NT occupys two blockers at least... that should in theory free up Willis and/or Bowman..

not to mention a NT could push an OL back thus maybe stalling or slowing down the RB til help arrives?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well a NT helps though... i agree with what your saying about the front 7 but realistically IMO a true or capable NT occupys two blockers at least... that should in theory free up Willis and/or Bowman..

not to mention a NT could push an OL back thus maybe stalling or slowing down the RB til help arrives?

That's true. Most of the running damage came against our nickel defense.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Look on the bright side: at least the Niners didn't lose their pro bowl left tackle this week for the season like the Broncos did.

All the Niners have to do is beat Seattle in SF and the tables could turn. But do they need to trade for a WR in order to do that? Or will Manningham be enough?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There should have been a "but" or a "though" in there.

nc1t.jpg

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look on the bright side: at least the Niners didn't lose their pro bowl left tackle this week for the season like the Broncos did.

All the Niners have to do is beat Seattle in SF and the tables could turn. But do they need to trade for a WR in order to do that? Or will Manningham be enough?

Manningham, though a good player, is very soft. I stand by my predicition that he will not be back this year.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the forgotten things about Mario is that he took Ginn's role as the WR running out of the backfield. He was the fastest WR on the team last year that could actually catch the ball... so his end arounds were so much more effective since the defense had to respect him as a receiver first.

Last edited by a moderator:

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm not that concerned. Watching all these other teams around in the NFL, I still think we're one of the very few good teams out there. I hated the way our offense looked overall and that is probably my only concern. Also, it's only week 2. I'll admit that I was concerned at first but after a couple of days of settling down, I do feel a lot better. I actually feel a lot better knowing that we beat GB, even if it was at home.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a better post.

I can't help how I feel about the guy. Watching him throw the ball down (fumble) and lay there crying like a little girl when he hurt his knee sickened me. I lost respect for him.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help how I feel about the guy. Watching him throw the ball down (fumble) and lay there crying like a little girl when he hurt his knee sickened me. I lost respect for him.

WTF? dude, go hold a ball, have someone run your knee over and see if you give a fuck about the ball. And you've got Manningham wrong, he's a skinny dude but he is not soft.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WTF? dude, go hold a ball, have someone run your knee over and see if you give a fuck about the ball. And you've got Manningham wrong, he's a skinny dude but he is not soft.

It's more than just getting hit, experiencing the pain and surprise, etc. It's realizing your livelihood could be jeopardized.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I remember it he was just twisted the wrong way, no one ran into his knee. I've seen much, much worse where the guy still held on to the ball.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more than just getting hit, experiencing the pain and surprise, etc. It's realizing your livelihood could be jeopardized.

I sreiously dooubt that that thought went through his head prior to trowing the ball down. It happened almost immediately. I tore my ACL skiing. I know it hurts but his reaction was way over the top.