• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can't even begin to describe...

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IMO, the writing has been on the wall since the Rangers series. It's easy to look past because the Caps did take the eventual Champs to seven, but no way that offensively anemic Rangers team should have had any business being in a game seven.

The only real difference in that Rangers series and the game last night was the Caps scored late in game 7 against the rangers and won that game, thus won the series.

They can call it bad luck, facing goalies that stood on their head in the first round 2 years in a row, or they can try and solve the problem that is the Caps failing to deliver in the playoffs yet again. Good luck with that!

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only real difference in that Rangers series and the game last night was the Caps scored late in game 7 against the rangers and won that game, thus won the series.

They can call it bad luck, facing goalies that stood on their head in the first round 2 years in a row, or they can try and solve the problem that is the Caps failing to deliver in the playoffs yet again. Good luck with that![/QUOTE]

I agree. While it obviously sucks to lose in this particular way, at least it's a wake up call to management. A second round loss might not have been. Say goodbye to Green, Semin if you can, grab some decent blueliners, put Boudreau on a short leash, and see what happens.

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...the shock, the disappointment, and the sheer depression from that lost. Single worst sports moment of my lifetime to date. I am completely numb right now.

Not just b/c of the fact that we lost, but the way we lost when the defense and goalies held up pretty well during the series. And of course there has to be some ridiculousness where a goal gets called back because Knuble's skate barely grazes the goalie while being pushed by the defender. Simply unbelievable.

Semin, Green, Flash, and Boudreau are all the goats here.

More 3-1 leads blown than any team in NHL history and the first #1 to do it. It's more than any sports' fan of a dog team that has never won should have to take. It simply isn't fair.

Again... completely and utterly numb. Talk to you guys in a week or so. I don't think I'll be able to watch a hockey game for a little while.

You got nothing to be ashamed of. Caps are a great team, fun to watch. Actually, my favourite team (when they don't play Detroit). I was rooting for them.

It just looked like someone put a curse on them. I knew they were done the moment Semin hit the post in the first. And I don't think Semin should be mentioned as a goat. He gave everything, for some reason it wasn't enough in this series. I'm pretty sure Habs kept his voodoo doll in their locker room and poke it often.

Green is .. well, it's been said a lot about him being a bad defenseman. Just play him as a forward and get a real defensman. They guy has offensive talent, use it.

For some reason everybody overlooks poor offensive performance by Bäckström in 2nd part of the series. He was great defensively, but haven't created much for his wingers - and that's really bad for the first line center.

Boudreau could use some playoff coaching experience and, boy did he get it. I'd say it's still too early to call for his head, however big and bald it is :)

Overall, Caps are still a young team with huge potential. I'm sure next year they'll have much more playoff success

D-sizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I feel for you eloco. Keep your head up man.

I feel like I'm in the minority in Pittsburgh but I was pissed last night when they lost. I was really looking forward to a rematch with the Pens. I wasn't very confident that the Pens would win, I just wanted to see it sooo bad because it would have been another epic series.

I know Ovie's taking some heat and that comes with the territory but he played well. Sure he'd like to score more but he was everywhere in the past two games playing like a man on fire. It's amazing to me that the Habs pulled that out.

It will get better and I think you can feel comfortable that the Caps will win one for you fans in the future. More than likely the near future.