• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can't even begin to describe...

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comeds, I'm not trying to argue it should have been a goal or should not have been a goal. I'm just saying the series has to have some sick twist like that or a 3rd OT Too Many Men penalty just to remind you that you were born a Washington Capitals fan... and it is your lot in life to get excited about the possibilities and then get raped in the ass repeatedly by fate.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give you the most frustrating fucking game of my life:

Anaheim Ducks vs. Edmonton Oilers - Boxscore - May 23, 2006

Turned it off at 4-0, turned it on at 4-3, turned it off at 5-3, turned it on at 5-4, broke everything in the house at 5-4 FINAL.

yeah, although it wasn't the post-season, the game the pens had last season against the wings (OT winner, staal hattrick, epic game)...i threw the remote at the couch so violently i thought my father may smack me upside the head. we then proceeded to get into one of those typical "I'm really pissed off, but your snide comments are making me more angry, so i'm gonna yell at you" fights. then we both left. i came back and we had come within 2, then Det. scored again, and i left, i came back, within 2. i almost went to bed, but soooo glad i didn't. i hate those games though, they really test your love for the team. heck, i was so pissed off in game 6 SCF '08 i drove away every single family member. i then punched couch cushions and cried.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate to compare the Caps to my Sens of the past but it reminded me of those days.

A team that plays a regular season type of game in the playoffs while other teams up their game a notch and outwill them. The Caps need to learn how to find that level to become a better playoff team. I also think they need to learn how to play a little bit more of a structured game.

IMO, the caps need two things. First thing they need is a defenseman with stay at home capabilities. If the rumor is true, and A-Train is really going to be courted to come to Washington... it'd be the first step in the right direction.

Also, I think they need that veteran presence. They had it last year with Fedorov, and they have Knuble, but they don't have a guy like a gary roberts, or a Bill guerin a'la the pens. With a young captain, it's nice to have an old-timer in the lineup who can be the steady, level-headed guy in the lockerroom.

Keep your heads up Caps fans. There is too much talent on this team for you guys to not be in the thick of it next season.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comeds, I'm not trying to argue it should have been a goal or should not have been a goal. I'm just saying the series has to have some sick twist like that or a 3rd OT Too Many Men penalty just to remind you that you were born a Washington Capitals fan... and it is your lot in life to get excited about the possibilities and then get raped in the ass repeatedly by fate.

Gotcha. Its tough today, but I do think the Capitals have a good nucleus and will be strong for years. When they win one, it will be all the more sweet.

Ive been a Habs fan only since 97, so I havent exactly had an easy ride.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be back next year, but I really thought this was our year to go to the SCF, and with the Devils and Sabres gone, the path was looking open with a chance to play the Pens for redemption. That is the biggest shame here. No rematch. What a waste.

Your fans deserve that rematch. I don't think there's a more exciting matchup for me than Crosby vs. Ovechkin, Penguins vs. Capitals.

Don't take it too hard, you still have one of the scariest teams in the league. The Caps didn't seem to lose this to me, I think Halak just won it.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the problems with Pittsburgh going from lotto to Cup winner so quickly is that it set the bar too high. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible story for Pittsburgh, but now other teams are going to think they can do it too, and it's just not that easy. Look at some past Cup winners, the Detroit team that won in '08 essentially had to climb from getting knocked out in the first, to a conference final, then to the Cup. And that was an experience laden team with many members who had already won a Cup, in recent history.

Look at how long it took the '99 stars (ooopss... sorry, Sabres fans, EARMUFFS!) to win with their core of Modano, Lehtinen, Zubov, Sydor, etc. Those teams struggled in the playoffs quite a bit before they finally made it all the way.

The Caps are very young. Guys like OV, Backstrom, Varlamov, Alzner, etc have another 10 years before they start to physically decline. The Pittsburgh story from last year is very rare, some of these teams like Chicago and Washington need to realize that while you must always gun for the Cup, it might take a few years of adjustments and failed runs to get it right.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the problems with Pittsburgh going from lotto to Cup winner so quickly is that it set the bar too high. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible story for Pittsburgh, but now other teams are going to think they can do it too, and it's just not that easy. Look at some past Cup winners, the Detroit team that won in '08 essentially had to climb from getting knocked out in the first, to a conference final, then to the Cup. And that was an experience laden team with many members who had already won a Cup, in recent history.

Look at how long it took the '99 stars (ooopss... sorry, Sabres fans, EARMUFFS!) to win with their core of Modano, Lehtinen, Zubov, Sydor, etc. Those teams struggled in the playoffs quite a bit before they finally made it all the way.

The Caps are very young. Guys like OV, Backstrom, Varlamov, Alzner, etc have another 10 years before they start to physically decline. The Pittsburgh story from last year is very rare, some of these teams like Chicago and Washington need to realize that while you must always gun for the Cup, it might take a few years of adjustments and failed runs to get it right.

I never really thought about it like that. That's a really good point, Eddie. It's certainly not the end of the world, and I think most of us expect Ovechkin to bring the Cup through Washington during his career, most of the other superstars in the history of the league have. This team is only a few adjustments away. They only allowed 2 goals in a game seven. If I knew only that part of the story I'd be thrilled if I were a Caps fan.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great point, ed. It took the Pens as a franchise two heartbreaking defeats... ottawa in 07, and 2008 wings, before they could put it all together for last year. Sometimes, i think that's what they needed to make them even more hungry for it.

i still say the Caps need more help on the blue-line, though. And not offensive blue-liners.. they need a stay at home, defensive, I block everything and the kitchen sink.... defenseman.

sTyLnK

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the shock, the disappointment, and the sheer depression from that lost. Single worst sports moment of my lifetime to date. I am completely numb right now.

Not just b/c of the fact that we lost, but the way we lost when the defense and goalies held up pretty well during the series. And of course there has to be some ridiculousness where a goal gets called back because Knuble's skate barely grazes the goalie while being pushed by the defender. Simply unbelievable.

Semin, Green, Flash, and Boudreau are all the goats here.

More 3-1 leads blown than any team in NHL history and the first #1 to do it. It's more than any sports' fan of a dog team that has never won should have to take. It simply isn't fair.

Again... completely and utterly numb. Talk to you guys in a week or so. I don't think I'll be able to watch a hockey game for a little while.

Ah you'll get over it.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My most frustrating sports moment....because I was there and had been for a week of drinking, partying and IPWesque endeavors. Remember it fell on the same Nw Years that the millenium turned. That was one long ride home. We were winning going into the 4th.

Stupid Peter Warrick:

bowden-and-warrick.jpg

Tonights game is in my Top 5 for sure though. Maybe #3 behind the above and the game 7 loss to the Pens last year, because I live up here.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the "wait, you'll see, this is our year" trash talk bantered around earlier, I was looking forward to a little gloating. But now I just feel bad for you guys. Most of you are great fans, and deserve better.

The one positive is that so far, the Caps, from Ovechkin to Boudreau down to the role players, are blaming themselves and not others. You can't get better until you understand where you went wrong. I didn't watch every game, but it definitely seemed like the Caps didn't know how to deal with desperation, and their vaunted offense became a little too predictable.

Oh, and for the sake of your sanity, stay out of the swamp for the rest of the season!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and for the sake of your sanity, stay out of the swamp for the rest of the season!
That's good advice, no matter what team you are a fan of, and no matter what time of year it is. We have this site now. :)

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good advice, no matter what team you are a fan of, and no matter what time of year it is. We have this site now. :)
I checked it out this evening. Was kind of hoping I could be civil there, and then engage in some fun smacktalk over there, but now there's nobody worth smacktalking. And here, all the good Caps fans are so depressed it's depressing me.

Guilty pleasure: I get a small kick watching MD run rampant when things work out for him. There, I said it!

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, I am surprised. I really thought this was the year, and I don't buy the grit argument. They added Chimera, Balenger, Knuble and they already had a tough 4th line to begin with.

They'll be back next year, but I really thought this was our year to go to the SCF, and with the Devils and Sabres gone, the path was looking open with a chance to play the Pens for redemption. That is the biggest shame here. No rematch. What a waste.

I'm with you. I thought the Caps would at least be in the ECFs, with a great shot at the Cup.

Once the playoffs started though, you could clearly see this team wasn't much different than teams years past in the playoffs.

After seeing the Caps go 1-2 at home, and that 1 win needing OT after coming back down 4 goals, IMO, the writing was on the wall.

I'm devastated over last night's lost, but not at all shocked. You could see it coming. This team lacks the leadership to move to that next level and be an elite team. I'm not sure if it's on the ice leadership, or lack of coaching leadership.

I do know changes need to be made. The series shouldn't have gone 7. I shouldn't be embarrassed yet again to be a Caps fan right now.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After the "wait, you'll see, this is our year" trash talk bantered around earlier, I was looking forward to a little gloating. But now I just feel bad for you guys. Most of you are great fans, and deserve better.

The one positive is that so far, the Caps, from Ovechkin to Boudreau down to the role players, are blaming themselves and not others. You can't get better until you understand where you went wrong. I didn't watch every game, but it definitely seemed like the Caps didn't know how to deal with desperation, and their vaunted offense became a little too predictable.

Trash talk? Please forgive us for being foolish enough to think the Caps might finally be good enough to win the cup.

You won't find many of us that are foolish enough to talk trash about it though.. at least not any of us that have seen this from the Caps way too often

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO, the writing has been on the wall since the Rangers series. It's easy to look past because the Caps did take the eventual Champs to seven, but no way that offensively anemic Rangers team should have had any business being in a game seven.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt this way last night from what I saw...it's going to take me a while to get over this, and I thought it would be best just to stay away from the board a while. But then I remembered that this board is full of all you guys and nome of the dicks on the other board....just thinking of what md would say annoys me. This game stings, but not being able to watch the game was a little worse and put me on the edge...but congrats to the Hans and their fans