• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can't even begin to describe...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just can't expect to get to the SCF. The playoffs are an entire different animal. Something is missing. Or something is there and shouldn't be.

Been a hockey fan for 20 years, thanks, I know that.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate all the well wishes, but last year was supposed to be the learning, and this year the doing.

Of course I will still be a fan, we just deserve more than this.

not to sound like a jerk or anything like that. but i agree with you. the washington fan base has grown and become one crazy base (some learning still needed, but it comes with time)...what i dont get is that most of the team (save AO and a few others) darted to the lockerroom without a stick raise...they gotta buck up and be men. give your fans credit.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
On the plus side...this chick on this Versus show, the blog chisk, is a 12 out of 10.

27572d1234665383-09-heritage-big-radius-big-sucker-fuelpak-help-this-thread-is-useless-without-pichers.jpg

or at least a name

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ knows you you feel. you'll get over it eventually, but it'll take some time.

This. I'm not going to pretend like it wouldn't sting. Losing in the playoffs sucks, and I will not say something like 'tomorrow is another day' or any shit like that because it doesn't make you feel any better. I know that all too well.

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't take it so hard.

All you can do is be proud of the season the Caps had and continue to support the team.

Hopefully the Caps have learned something from this though otherwise they will never get it done when it counts.

Can't agree with you there Urk. This is the 3rd year in a row the Capitals have melted down. Granted Halak robbed them like the fridge in a hotel room, but usually teams this talented get over playoff demons by now.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Appreciate all the well wishes, but last year was supposed to be the learning, and this year the doing.

Of course I will still be a fan, we just deserve more than this.

I really hate to compare the Caps to my Sens of the past but it reminded me of those days.

A team that plays a regular season type of game in the playoffs while other teams up their game a notch and outwill them. The Caps need to learn how to find that level to become a better playoff team. I also think they need to learn how to play a little bit more of a structured game.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to sound like a jerk or anything like that. but i agree with you. the washington fan base has grown and become one crazy base (some learning still needed, but it comes with time)...what i dont get is that most of the team (save AO and a few others) darted to the lockerroom without a stick raise...they gotta buck up and be men. give your fans credit.

Missed it. I left for the store after the 2nd goal. Couldn't bare to watch the end of the season.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed it. I left for the store after the 2nd goal. Couldn't bare to watch the end of the season.

...oh, i've been there. there's so many moments where i just had to leave, then came back 2 seconds later, got pissed off again...etc.

and they only showed it briefly on TV, but multiple caps insiders/people at the game said (twitter) that OV tried to get the team together for a stick salute but only 9 stayed out all together. good on OV (that's leadership), but the for the team...gotta learn to lose a little more gracefully. of course, it sucks, but you're a pro with thousands of fans watching.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't agree with you there Urk. This is the 3rd year in a row the Capitals have melted down. Granted Halak robbed them like the fridge in a hotel room, but usually teams this talented get over playoff demons by now.

I can't agree with you there. Two years ago they were lucky to be in the playoffs and made a great run just to get there. Last year they played great against the eventual Cup champs, and while game 7 was disappointing, they were an OT deflection off a defender from winning that series and played very well. It was a sign of things to come... and then this. Those were bittersweet ends, this is just bitter.

All fanbases who've seen your team fold SEVEN 3-1 series lead (I've seen 6 of them) take a step forward... not so fast 29 other teams.... ughhhh.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...oh, i've been there. there's so many moments where i just had to leave, then came back 2 seconds later, got pissed off again...etc.

and they only showed it briefly on TV, but multiple caps insiders/people at the game said (twitter) that OV tried to get the team together for a stick salute but only 9 stayed out all together. good on OV (that's leadership), but the for the team...gotta learn to lose a little more gracefully. of course, it sucks, but you're a pro with thousands of fans watching.

I have to imagine that some of the guys didn't feel like they deserved a salute from the fans. And if they had 52, 28, or 14 on the back of their jersey, they'd be correct.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the shock, the disappointment, and the sheer depression from that lost. Single worst sports moment of my lifetime to date. I am completely numb right now.

Not just b/c of the fact that we lost, but the way we lost when the defense and goalies held up pretty well during the series. And of course there has to be some ridiculousness where a goal gets called back because Knuble's skate barely grazes the goalie while being pushed by the defender. Simply unbelievable.

Semin, Green, Flash, and Boudreau are all the goats here.

More 3-1 leads blown than any team in NHL history and the first #1 to do it. It's more than any sports' fan of a dog team that has never won should have to take. It simply isn't fair.

Again... completely and utterly numb. Talk to you guys in a week or so. I don't think I'll be able to watch a hockey game for a little while.

I think the replay clearly showed he had contact with Halak before Gill contacted him. If they are going to send Plekanec to the box for goalie interference in the 2nd game, they have to call this one too.

Good call back on the Lapierre goal too IMO even though the Capitals defender had a lot more contact on him than Gill did on Knuble.

I do think some consistency would have been nice. Perhaps if the Capitals had not been allowed to repeatedly contact Halak in the first couple of games with no calls, then Knuble might not have pressed his luck this time.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhow, thanks for the thoughts all. I'm gonna go stew. The fans and this team simply deserved more than this, but the latter didn't earn it. IMO, this is still the best team in the Eastern conference, but none of that matters now. The Devils are a better team than the Devils, but the former is still playing and the latter is not.

I look forward to watching PTI tomorrow and hearing Wilbon remind people why the hockey playoffs should simple be called "Goalie."

Good luck to those of you still alive... now back to my regularly scheduled depression.