• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can't even begin to describe...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the shock, the disappointment, and the sheer depression from that lost. Single worst sports moment of my lifetime to date. I am completely numb right now.

Not just b/c of the fact that we lost, but the way we lost when the defense and goalies held up pretty well during the series. And of course there has to be some ridiculousness where a goal gets called back because Knuble's skate barely grazes the goalie while being pushed by the defender. Simply unbelievable.

Semin, Green, Flash, and Boudreau are all the goats here.

More 3-1 leads blown than any team in NHL history and the first #1 to do it. It's more than any sports' fan of a dog team that has never won should have to take. It simply isn't fair.

Again... completely and utterly numb. Talk to you guys in a week or so. I don't think I'll be able to watch a hockey game for a little while.

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the shock, the disappointment, and the sheer depression from that lost. Single worst sports moment of my lifetime to date. I am completely numb right now.

Not just b/c of the fact that we lost, but the way we lost when the defense and goalies held up pretty well during the series. And of course there has to be some ridiculousness where a goal gets called back because Knuble's skate barely grazes the goalie while being pushed by the defender. Simply unbelievable.

More 3-1 leads blown than any team in NHL history and the first #1 to do it. It's more than any sports' fan of a dog team that has never won should have to take. It simply isn't fair.

Again... completely and utterly numb. Talk to you guys in a week or so. I don't think I'll be able to watch a hockey game for a little while.

You'll get over it. Have a few beers and get ready for next year.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not my worst sports moment but it is up there.

Flash is an RFA. Offer him a middle of th pack offer, let someone else take him, grab the picks. Trade Semin and/or Green. I am not sure about firing Gabby yet, but they need to lock up Varly, Carlson and Alzner for a long long time. Also get 19 a long term deal.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry bud. it's rough. just take this moment to drink a few, break some stuff, curse a little, and in a few weeks, you'll be ready and raring for next season (not gonna lie, after the '08 end it took me until FA to get over it). chin up!

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm right there with you, but you can;t really be shocked by this, can you? I mean the writing was on the wall.

All I know is something needs to change for this team to get the grit needed to compete in the playoffs. I have no rebuttal t o the naysayers. All i can do right now is hang my fucking head in shame!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hang in there man. There isnt anything anyone can say to help that feeling but we have all felt it. Its tough when you have your heart into it. Take it easy.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the late great Aaliyah said " If at first you don't suceed.... Dust yourself off and try again"

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aw....buck up little tropper.

Even though Caps fans deserve to feel prison raped after that series meltdown...

....tomorrow will still be just another day.

See ya soon E!

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't take it so hard.

All you can do is be proud of the season the Caps had and continue to support the team.

Hopefully the Caps have learned something from this though otherwise they will never get it done when it counts.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right there with you, but you can;t really be shocked by this, can you? I mean the writing was on the wall.

All I know is something needs to change for this team to get the grit needed to compete in the playoffs. I have no rebuttal t o the naysayers. All i can do right now is hang my fucking head in shame!

Yes, I am surprised. I really thought this was the year, and I don't buy the grit argument. They added Chimera, Balenger, Knuble and they already had a tough 4th line to begin with.

They'll be back next year, but I really thought this was our year to go to the SCF, and with the Devils and Sabres gone, the path was looking open with a chance to play the Pens for redemption. That is the biggest shame here. No rematch. What a waste.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it happens man trust me as a Sabres fan I know. They are a young team and will learn from this. Give credit to the Habs for a series well played. BTW do yourself a favor and stay away from the other board, the trolls are having a ball.

It's a game and it's tough to swallow at times but there is always next year.

Have a beer and just relax. Again this coming from a Buffalo fan with plenty of experience.

As you can see the posters here are cool and they know how you feel. I love this board !!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Caps have learned something from this though otherwise they will never get it done when it counts.

Appreciate all the well wishes, but last year was supposed to be the learning, and this year the doing.

Of course I will still be a fan, we just deserve more than this.

smo5039

talkin puck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just can't expect to get to the SCF. The playoffs are an entire different animal. Something is missing. Or something is there and shouldn't be.