• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Can't Come to any Other Conclusion: Tamba Hali is the BEST OLB in the NFL this Year

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i going with Suggs call me a homer if you want but man is a beast, and i don't think you'd be wrong if you chose him over some of the other guys listed in this thread. He already been DMVP once and is playing great right now.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's not being a homer at all. Suggs' season is probably close to the best of any OLB this year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, give me numbers, or I don't give a crap. Hali has been "fast and athletic" for quite some time... Von and co have stolen his thunder though.

Edit: My apologies, I should have mentioned I wanted statistical evidence in the OP, my fault.

I'm going with Hali as well because he has the production, but not every 3-4 team using their OLBs the same way...I'm not saying he's on Hali's level, but example...Woodley for PIT...on passing downs he's rushing the QB on about 65% of the plays and in coverage about 35%.

KC rarely ever puts Hali in coverage...almost always a pass rusher. He's almost like a DE in that regard.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Hali as well because he has the production, but not every 3-4 team using their OLBs the same way...I'm not saying he's on Hali's level, but example...Woodley for PIT...on passing downs he's rushing the QB on about 65% of the plays and in coverage about 35%.

KC rarely ever puts Hali in coverage...almost always a pass rusher. He's almost like a DE in that regard.

I could be wrong, but doesn't PIT run a 2-gap 3-4?

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true on "passing downs," but an obvious passing down isn't very frequent.

You've probably seen more Broncos games than I, but I would be interested to see what percentage of the time he lines up as a DE and how often he lines up as an OLB. I would be willing to bet he lines up at OLB far more...

But this thread isn't about who the best OLB in the NFL is; it's about who's having the best season.
Von Miller hasnt made a single on field mistake yet this year :nod: