• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the best defense in the NFL this season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bear fan I feel I know but I'm looking for outside opinions. I am biased and I know it. Seems to me many forget my Bears were top 10 last season while leading the league in injury's. I hear some say all we have is Mack but we were top 10 before Mack. We added Mack and Roquan Smith to a top defense. So who do you guys think is top def dog. If you don't think it is Da Bears that's fine. Tell me who you got.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Jags and Rams as my top 2 defenses.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm......I think a better question would be:

Are there any good defenses in today's football?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bear fan I feel I know but I'm looking for outside opinions. I am biased and I know it. Seems to me many forget my Bears were top 10 last season while leading the league in injury's. I hear some say all we have is Mack but we were top 10 before Mack. We added Mack and Roquan Smith to a top defense. So who do you guys think is top def dog. If you don't think it is Da Bears that's fine. Tell me who you got.

To answer that right now I would say JAX based on a larger sample going back to last yr.

CHI has faced 1 great QB a loss, 1 pretty good QB, and 2 QBs that are not that great....basically need to see more before I'm ready to say they're the best DEF in the game.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think most will agree that it's the Bears and it's not close.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No votes for the Ravens yet ???

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great defenses have great linebackers. The addition of Mack and Smith appear to have given the Bears the inside track on having a strong defense for the next 5-10 years. I'm not so sure I'd put them #1 yet as the sample size is too small and the competition has been light, but they probably will be soon enough.

Note though, that I expect the Bears to finish the season as a top 5 defense - if not #1. Their remaining schedule is not exactly filled with offensive juggernauts... ...Still have the shoddy Jets, Bills, Giants and 49ers offenses on the schedule and a bunch of Jekyll/Hyde offenses (which includes 5 remaining divisional games).

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the Rams are an elite defense if you have zero at Edge, LB, and already have a major injury to one of your starting CB's. They have a great interior rush, but it's hard to get around being awful at an entire level of defense and being less than immortal in the secondary.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JAX... But its close with Chicago. Until we see the Bears suffocate some better teams, then I'm going to lean towards the Jags.

Ravens are up there too. But they aren't as imposing as they used to be.

What happened to the Vikes? Wasn't long ago they were in this discussion.