• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can't believe that coin didn't flip

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

So?

In overtime the first team to have possession couldn't risk going for it on 4th down but after a touchdown is scored, the trailing team would always use all 4 Since they have nothing to lose. Seems pretty simple.
Exactly.. So?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks to me like the ref was doing everything he could to make sure that coin turned over just once, in an effort to help GB, and just didn't give it enough spin.

I'm more surprised that Rodgers didn't beg for a flag there than anything else.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant not having the game end on the first possession. Normal knockoffs would still happen.

The Packer defense shit the bed in OT, simple as that. If they make a stop and hold AZ to a FG or less they get a shot and the rest of us don't have to listen to the crying.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, the coin toss decided the winner. It's unfortunate and I'm sure fans that had no dog in the fight would concur that they would like to see the true winner and not the winner of the coin toss. This isn't two face from batman is it? AD fumbled the rock that's blatant and he seems to do this every year.
The coin toss didn't "decide" the winner. Green Bay could have gotten the ball first like they did in 2009 and fumbled for a TD. Statistically, whoever gets the ball first doesn't always win. They don't even win most of the time.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not excuses. It's not about the loss, it's about the fact that I thought Rodgers was great tonight. It's the equivalent of Brady playing without Edelman, Amendola, and Gronk (we'll count Gronk as 2 players since Gronk is Gronk). Rodgers was great tonight.
I thought Rodgers was average at best to be honest. Take away the Hail Mary which was pure luck. Yes, it takes Godly athleticism to throw the ball 60 yards while going away from your throwing motion. But the actual completion was pure luck.

Would you say that 23-44 for 220 yards 1 TD and 1 INT was really good? That is what his stat line would have looked like. 5.0 YPA. And factor in the pick 6 overturned by a GOOD call but one that had nothing to do with the play itself. If it doesn't happen, the exact result still happens.

Rodgers has not played up to his level since the beginning of the season.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already over the game. I took exception to you saying Rodgers didn't play well. He played the game with options 5, 6, and 7. He played exceptionally well given the circumstances. I would think you would relate given Brady's struggles without Edelman.
So then you have to say that Cutler played "exceptionally" well this year given his options at receiver.

Did you know the Bears were without their 7th overall pick in White the whole year. Number 1 receiver Jeffery for half the year. Marshall traded before the year. Top TE Bennett out the last 6 games of the year. Eddie Royal out half the year.

The Bears had a guy named Marquess Wilson acting as the number 1 with Marc Mariani as the number 2 in several games. And that without Bennett.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it became apparent as the game went along that the refs had an agenda. Rodgers did everything he could to overcome it but in the end the refs earned their money.

This must be why they didn't re-flip the coin.

Look I'll agree calls were in Arizonas favor late in the fourth, but there was NO AGENDA. It was just bad calls.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it became apparent as the game went along that the refs had an agenda. Rodgers did everything he could to overcome it but in the end the refs earned their money.
Get the fuck out of here with this garbage.

Show some class.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless we all knew the Packers (namely Rodgers) would be on ESPN whining about something if the Packers lost. Low and behold:

Packers peeved over coin toss, disputed catch

Guy whines about everything. If the officiating was PERFECT he would've blamed an unruly fan "Their fans have zero class" or a piece of hot dog wrapper that blew onto the field obstructing his vision on a key 3rd down.

"The Arizona stadium needs to enforce better trash removal as it can really impact the game" (Rodgers, Aaron - at some point).

Guess he is finally getting married to a vagina so that disputes the gay claims, but that guy is easily the biggest bitch in the league. Shut up for once Rodgers, jeez. Can't remember what he was bitching about after the Seattle loss last year, but it was something.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, the coin toss decided the winner. It's unfortunate and I'm sure fans that had no dog in the fight would concur that they would like to see the true winner and not the winner of the coin toss. This isn't two face from batman is it? AD fumbled the rock that's blatant and he seems to do this every year.
Yea. The the packers inability to stop AZ from scoring in OT had nothing to do with what decided the game. :L

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson, Cobb, Adams. Who is the 4th?

Montgomery the rookie who was the Packers 3rd receiver early in the year before a high ankle sprain did not heal and he went on ER. He got hurt in the last game of the Packers 6 - 0 start. Adams had a poor start to the year dropping many balls and Montgomery took his place.

I am very much looking forward to next yer with the big if players can stay healthy with Jordy, Cobb, Adams , Montgomery, Abrideris, Janis, my guess James Jones wont make it

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montgomery the rookie who was the Packers 3rd receiver early in the year before a high ankle sprain did not heal and he went on ER. He got hurt in the last game of the Packers 6 - 0 start. Adams had a poor start to the year dropping many balls and Montgomery took his place.

I am very much looking forward to next yer with the big if players can stay healthy with Jordy, Cobb, Adams , Montgomery, Abrideris, Janis, my guess James Jones wont make it

James Jones and Adams need to go.

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rare that the NCAA makes sense but their OT rules trump the NFL's.
Unless the Packers would've won last night the same exact way. Then you'd say, "Well Arizona just needed their Defense to step up. After all the game is decided on both sides the ball." But this time that won't help your argument, soooo...

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. The the packers inability to stop AZ from scoring in OT had nothing to do with what decided the game. :L

Reading comprehension isn't your friend. My entire point I was making is that the coin toss makes it so a TD ends the game and the other team doesn't get a chance. CMIII was right the College rules would be more fair. Better to be lucky than good holds strong for AZ and the Hawks. If they play in the Champ game IDK who will win. Maybe the team with the 4 leaf clover.