• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I called you out dad, but was it…

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it and he is what he is but for the love of god can we have any threads that don't end with Cousins Vs Smith

NO!! Kirk loves us and we love him. Failing to love him without question will consign those asses to hell. We've prayed to almighty Kirk not to forsake us but stay and deliver us from defeats. :D

(what??? too religious???):D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not fooled by anything Sty. I just retold what he said. Years ago I wished Navorro Bowman would eventually end up here if only for a year or two but at the same time I thought how bad that would be for him with this screwed up organization. I am not upset that Cousin's in Minnesota. I am upset that the FO sucks for the 19th year in a row.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey-guys-y6c8jr.jpg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not fooled by anything Sty. I just retold what he said. Years ago I wished Navorro Bowman would eventually end up here if only for a year or two but at the same time I thought how bad that would be for him with this screwed up organization. I am not upset that Cousin's in Minnesota. I am upset that the FO sucks for the 19th year in a row.

...And at last, we agree on where the blame belongs. People were fooled though, although I haven't specifically stated that you were. Cousins time here was done after the 2015 season. Now, I don't think that there are reasons to assign "blame" to anyone holding out hope that a deal "could," "would" or "should" have gotten done in the subsequent one year tag years that followed. What I'm telling everyone is, that ole' Sty just wasn't one of them. Said so then, and even stated that they should trade him during those years, then caught plenty of flack for doing so. How did that work out? We got zilch for Cousins and ended up trading for Smith.

As for Smith, they did what they had to do I suppose, but, imagine how much better off this team and organization would have been if they had actually gotten value for a guy that I told everyone they weren't going to retain!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just having fun man, that's what we do! However since you're here, let me ask, how much of a difference does Kahlil Mack make on your defense?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And at last, we agree on where the blame belongs. People were fooled though, although I haven't specifically stated that you were. Cousins time here was done after the 2015 season. Now, I don't think that there are reasons to assign "blame" to anyone holding out hope that a deal "could," "would" or "should" have gotten done in the subsequent one year tag years that followed. What I'm telling everyone is, that ole' Sty just wasn't one of them. Said so then, and even stated that they should trade him during those years, then caught plenty of flack for doing so. How did that work out? We got zilch for Cousins and ended up trading for Smith.

As for Smith, they did what they had to do I suppose, but, imagine how much better off this team and organization would have been if they had actually gotten value for a guy that I told everyone they weren't going to retain!

If you are saying the FO knew they were going to low ball and push Cousin's away starting with 2015 I would agree with that. Anything else is circumspect. A good agent may well have advised Cousin's to play it the way he did but there is now way you and I can be certain of that. We all know Cousin's is better off where he is at.

As for Smith I supported the move only in that they weren't going to make a fair offer to Cousin's. I mentioned Fitzpatrick and Keenum but from a salary stand point in made sense but neither has been able to sustain success. I like them both. Rumors were that Jay wanted Smith here. That just seems strange to me knowing who I think Jay is. To me Smith fits Jays system almost as poorly as Griffin. Jay needs a DJax, Julio, AJ type player. For a WR they gave him the bargain basement version.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are saying the FO knew they were going to low ball and push Cousin's away starting with 2015 I would agree with that. Anything else is circumspect. A good agent may well have advised Cousin's to play it the way he did but there is now way you and I can be certain of that. We all know Cousin's is better off where he is at.

As for Smith I supported the move only in that they weren't going to make a fair offer to Cousin's. I mentioned Fitzpatrick and Keenum but from a salary stand point in made sense but neither has been able to sustain success. I like them both. Rumors were that Jay wanted Smith here. That just seems strange to me knowing who I think Jay is. To me Smith fits Jays system almost as poorly as Griffin. Jay needs a DJax, Julio, AJ type player. For a WR they gave him the bargain basement version.

I knew and it wasn't based upon circumspect. I actually said so, wasn't careful in taking that position, took the heat for it and now stand demonstrably accurate in real time.

BTW: it's beginning to look like my stance on benching Griffin early on was on point as well!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a 3rd string QB but yes he needed to learn to be an NFL QB. I said that from day 1 also, actually before he was ever drafted and before the trade since I was so adamant against the idea of trading for him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a 3rd string QB but yes he needed to learn to be an NFL QB. I said that from day 1 also, actually before he was ever drafted and before the trade since I was so adamant against the idea of trading for him.

Then you weren't the only one. BTW: He's been deactivated for the first few games, but make no mistake, if Flacco goes down, the following week he's the starter. Baltimore's front office and coaching staff is far more football savvy than ours, they won't rush Jackson into that role like DC did with Bob.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???? This is a bit puzzling especially, the "there is no reason for him to lie." line. Kirk had every reason in the world to hold this line publicly and not one of them had to do with his veracity. His reputation and a very nice way to stick it to management here on the way out the door are two very compelling reasons why he would say that. So let me ask you, If the team made it clear to you that they weren't willing to even offer a contract for your services, let you go into free agency without ever trying to make a "business" trade before or during his last contractual cap season, what else would he say that wouldn't also hurt himself? Hey maybe his true feelings, "they didn't want me, so, I don't want to be there!" NOPE! Kirk took the high road and left the speculation to other with the one caveat... he seems to be a really nice guy!
I guess we just disagree on the type of guy he is. I don't believe he is the type to lie, never seen that. Also, as I pointed out, he was interviewed by a minn. reporter and if he was interested in playing to the fan base, it would make more sense for him to play to his new fan base, not the old one. I personally believe him until any other info comes out that puts his word into question.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about that for a moment, Kirk by your own retelling said that he didn't want to go except that he did want to go (testing the free agent market) and you guys want to stick with ONLY believing the first part? WOW!

To be clear, as a free agent, Washington was eliminated because they didn't offer a contract when they could have effectively done so, and certainly would NOT have matched or exceeded the contract that he ultimately signed. You guys are truly fooling yourselves into believing that Bruce and Dan "could have," "would have," or had any intention to retain one Kirk Cousins!!
So you agree that Dan/Bruce had no intention of competing for Cousins services last off season? All we are saying is that if they did try to compete and made a competitive offer, he is saying that he could see himself resigning here. So we were not out of the running since 2015, we had a chance, we chose not to compete for him. I'm not questioning the decision, just pointing out that he had not ruled out resigning with us.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you weren't the only one. BTW: He's been deactivated for the first few games, but make no mistake, if Flacco goes down, the following week he's the starter. Baltimore's front office and coaching staff is far more football savvy than ours, they won't rush Jackson into that role like DC did with Bob.

That would probably be the smart play, give Jackson time to learn the NFL game. Folks like us Sty, you know that are about 27, remember when most QBs waited a couple of years to start. I always thought it was the way to go but we know that NFL owners are not fans of paying young QBs millions while they learn their trade. I think I only watched Griffin a little bit and he seemed to have learned some. You can't ignore no one wanted him last year. I hope it works out for him.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure we can discuss it. It will be a short discussion because we all agree. There is also a thread dedicated to it called Trent Williams, and was mentioned throughout the game thread. I remember a specific post calling out Bill Callahan.

But I will play the game. I challenge that our DL got their asses beat. We allowed 3.7 yards per rush and Luck had to resort short passing game to do anything at 5.7 YPA.

Colts -- 3 times in the red zone, 3 TD's, that's not good defense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we just disagree on the type of guy he is. I don't believe he is the type to lie, never seen that. Also, as I pointed out, he was interviewed by a minn. reporter and if he was interested in playing to the fan base, it would make more sense for him to play to his new fan base, not the old one. I personally believe him until any other info comes out that puts his word into question.

What type of guy is he? Do you know him personally? Beyond being a football player and entertainer what's he like privately? Do tell!