• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I called you out dad, but was it…

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an honest mistake or an intentional lie? You said “mistake”, but there is a huge difference between these two forms of disinformation dad. You know which one it was, and BTW I do to.

You have been on a mission to mislead many regular REDSKINS fans of this forum for quite some time with your ABC (my bad, it was actually shark’s acronym at first, and damn funny!) "vendetta" BS.

Congrats on your personal “ABC vendetta” dad. You have single handedly turned one the most popular fan forums on the hoop into one of the most toxic…and that dad, has taken a lot of work on your part, and is no LIE.

i owned my part it was a mistake . i have seen KC play here a couple of times in high school and at MSU on TV my last response on the matter was totally wrong

i think i got ahead of myself with too many responses going on in my head . i was ticked at the rationalization you made saying i supported him as i saw him play around here in MI and it kept me from being rational

i dont expect you or anyone else for that matter to accept that . the ones that post here regularly will the others wont and i dont have control of either

i am not from MI i spent 20 years in the army i was born a redskins fan since sonny was qb

now you can believe it or not , that is up to you but if you ever imply , rationalize or outright say its a lie in this forum again it will be taken as an insult and be dealt with accordingly

this forum is one of the most successful forums in SportsHoopla . it wass totally dean until the wave of ex espners came here when that board went away

if you dont like the way i run it you are welcome to your opinion , and you have several things you can do

find another board with mods you can accept . put me on ignore and you dont have to even see my nonsense or scroll through my posts . all are things you can do

there is a reason for my actions . they have been put out there . now you can deal with it or not deal with it but they are not going away and i am not the only one carrying on this charade . yet you say nothing to them nor did you say much when the shoe was on the other foot for the record you dont have to say anything to them but it speaks volumes that you dont

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past 2015.. he probably didnt. But lets not pretend he was from the moment he got here desperate to get out. The front office, and yes a good portion of the fanbase, made him feel unwelcome. SO in the end I cant blame him for leaving. BUt I also think if the Skins had made him the same offer the Vikings did, he would have stayed, and we would be a better team for it.

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY he would have stayed here, but OK let's play it your way. Bruce and Dan would still be here, those same fans, still here, and the dysfunction that led to his becoming a starter, still here. Why again would he stay? I don't think that Dan has enough money to have gotten him to stay because it's clear now to ya'll that he could leave, get his money, and play on the team of his choice, sans the Dan/Bruce dysfunction.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Smith plays well next week and beats GB get your popcorn ready

yup!! 2015 that was our last chance to get him to stay. Now agree or not answer this...

Everyone agrees that Kirk is a not a dumb guy, why would he want to stay here?

Actually Cousin's said this year that he thought he wouldn't leave the Redskins but that he wanted to test his worth on the FA market. You can believe him or not. The Redskins decided to trade for Smith making the point moot. We'll never know.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Cousin's said this year that he thought he wouldn't leave the Redskins but that he wanted to test his worth on the FA market. You can believe him or not. The Redskins decided to trade for Smith making the point moot. We'll never know.

Yeah, and I thought that I wouldn't leave my first wife (see, I just said that) truth is he had no real reason to stay. We have threads upon threads upon threads outlining the decades long dysfunction of this organization. I told all of you at the time that he wasn't going to stay. What he ended up doing was exhausting their options, becoming a free agent and getting the hell out of Dodge! These are the facts!

Could money have convinced him to stay...Nope, money's not everything!

How about loyalty...Don't make me laugh!

A chance to be on a winning team...Not here!

Why are so many of you STILL trying to defend his wanting to stay...especially after 2015?:noidea:

What is it about this team, this organization, that has you guys so convinced that Kirk wanted to stay? :scratch:

We all love this team, I don't think that there's any question about that, we wanted him to stay, but he wasn't going to do that and there are very good reasons why he didn't want to stay. So hear me out for a second.

There's going to be a strike/lockout after the CBA expires in 2020. As fans/followers/supporters of this team show me one person who wouldn't be absolutely delighted if there was new pro worthy ownership, resulting from that missed time. Good-Luck!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I thought that I wouldn't leave my first wife (see, I just said that) truth is he had no real reason to stay. We have threads upon threads upon threads outlining the decades long dysfunction of this organization. I told all of you at the time that he wasn't going to stay. What he ended up doing was exhausting their options, becoming a free agent and getting the hell out of Dodge! These are the facts!

Why are so many of you STILL trying to defend his wanting to stay...especially after 2015?:noidea:

What is it about this team, this organization, that has you guys so convinced that Kirk wanted to stay? :scratch:

We all love this team, I don't think that there's any question about that, we wanted him to stay, but he wasn't going to do that and there are very good reasons why he didn't want to stay. So hear me out for a second.

There's going to be a strike/lockout after the CBA expires in 2020. As fans/followers/supporters of this team show me one person who wouldn't be absolutely delighted if there was new pro worthy ownership, resulting from that missed time. Good-Luck!

being appeciated was the key . a contract in 15 does that . he gets a warm and fuzzy and things are different

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being appeciated was the key . a contract in 15 does that . he gets a warm and fuzzy and things are different

They had one shot at this, that moment was fleeting and after that moment, the ONLY people believing that Kirk would re-sign here weren't on Kirk's team and or blinded by hope!.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many people happy to see Smith fail just so they can say I told you so. As if we ever had a chance to keep Cousins.
See this is the difference between the Deans of this forum and those that think Smith may not be the Messiah that some believe. While I think Smith may not be THE guy, I hope I am wrong and hope he plays lights out. The ABCers could want nothing more than for KC to mess up so that they could be proven right.

BTW, we did have a chance to keep Cousins. In fact, in an interview 2 weeks ago, Cousins stated that he was of the belief last offseason that he would stay in DC......until they traded for Smith.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ABSOLUTELY NO WAY he would have stayed here, but OK let's play it your way. Bruce and Dan would still be here, those same fans, still here, and the dysfunction that led to his becoming a starter, still here. Why again would he stay? I don't think that Dan has enough money to have gotten him to stay because it's clear now to ya'll that he could leave, get his money, and play on the team of his choice, sans the Dan/Bruce dysfunction.
Unfortunately from his own mouth after the fact, this isn’t correct. We did have a chance tho resign him this year. We chose not to compete for him in FA.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously??? That is the bar?? We should be thankful that we didn’t get fleeced further by Andy Reid again?

I don't think Fuller is the second coming of Darrell Green and wasn't that upset to be honest. After 3 years I was all Kirked out I guess. I've moved on was just hoping 97% of this board had too. I was wrong

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Fuller is the second coming of Darrell Green and wasn't that upset to be honest. After 3 years I was all Kirked out I guess. I've moved on was just hoping 97% of this board had too. I was wrong
How many Darrell Greens are there? He didn't have to be Green, but he clearly was talented and we could have used him. Imagine if we signed Fitzpatrick or Keenum in FA and kept that 3rd round pick and Fuller? No way you can say that we wouldn't be a stronger team. For many of us, its not necessarily about KC vs AS, but the swindle, again, that Andy Reid did to us. The bottom line is we paid too much for what could only be considered a lateral move at QB, at best.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Darrell Greens are there? He didn't have to be Green, but he clearly was talented and we could have used him. Imagine if we signed Fitzpatrick or Keenum in FA and kept that 3rd round pick and Fuller? No way you can say that we wouldn't be a stronger team. For many of us, its not necessarily about KC vs AS, but the swindle, again, that Andy Reid did to us. The bottom line is we paid too much for what could only be considered a lateral move at QB, at best.

My opinion remains every post on this board circles back to Kirk Cousins at some point...it's old and tiresome and that's my beef. I find myself here less and less that's all. :2cents::suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you read my post? I said you can believe or not. I didn't say I believed. I just reported what he said. I am tired of everything being twisted, this is why we are going to be here for 3, 4, 5 years. Enjoy. :D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately from his own mouth after the fact, this isn’t correct. We did have a chance tho resign him this year. We chose not to compete for him in FA.

This can't be denied …. wait … we move the bars to fit our story. You never found out if it was possible, they traded for CDC so clearly they were not going to pay Cousin's too. He had no choice in the matter. And that's a FUCKING fact.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can't be denied …. wait … we move the bars to fit our story. You never found out if it was possible, they traded for CDC so clearly they were not going to pay Cousin's too. He had no choice in the matter. And that's a FUCKING fact.
Truth. I'm not judging the decision (here), only pointing out that he was expecting to stay a Redskin after last season. There is no reason why he needed to reveal this, he was talking to a Minn. reporter and could have easily just said Minn. was where he wanted to be all along to play to the fan base. I'm sure some will come on here and say that he was just trying to deflect blame, etc. That must be what you mean by moving the bar......

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people how long did things revolve back to Rg3 ? of JC ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. I'm not judging the decision (here), only pointing out that he was expecting to stay a Redskin after last season. There is no reason why he needed to reveal this, he was talking to a Minn. reporter and could have easily just said Minn. was where he wanted to be all along to play to the fan base. I'm sure some will come on here and say that he was just trying to deflect blame, etc. That must be what you mean by moving the bar......

it is fine, they can move the bar in whatever direction they like. I am confident we let the better QB go no matter when, how or why. If I am wrong I will be eat the crow I deserve. I think that has the same point. Whether it is Cousin's or Smith …. or even Fitzpatrick or Mahomes give them credit when they play well. That will change from week to week. For those having a hissy because this was brought up, you only make it more fun to play the game when you react. :D It is called bad ownership which has caused this team 20 years of mostly losing.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion remains every post on this board circles back to Kirk Cousins at some point...it's old and tiresome and that's my beef. I find myself here less and less that's all. :2cents::suds:
Welcome to the never ending QB controversy of Washington DC. Its been going on since Roosevelt was President. Its just now mostly online. Anyone remember Sonny vs Billy?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps not, but in his second season of his four year cheap rookie contract, he was the number one rated slot corner in football.

Were you Kirked out because you didn’t like actually having a good QB or because some people on here bitched incessantly about mistakes every QB makes?

We have all obviously moved on from KC because he isn’t here now. He will always be part of the conversation because we moved on to Alex Smith.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was always about Fuller and the pick for me. It still is.

Andy Reid did nothing to us. As usual, we were bidding against ourselves and thought we triumphed. Oops. By the end of the season, let’s see how many are still on the AS bandwagon.