• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I called you out dad, but was it…

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark So 2 games in you're done? I was golfing and doing shit all day yesterday and didn't see 1 play of any game so I can't speak about anything that happened yesterday. I thought this team would be 2-2 after 4 games and I still do.

I see what Mitz is saying about the board though. Every and i mean every thread turns into a shitshow of arguing and it usually ends up talking Cousins at some point.

I will continue and always root for the Washington Redskins!

I concur with the above. I am a 57 model. I don't have time to continue to engage in this popular rhetorical scheme of comparing apples to oranges everyday. This is why I stay OUT!!!!! of these conversations for the most part. Let the young whipper snappers and the KC supporters divulge is this spat. I made my point about KC long ago.

Anyways we have AR and company descending on our home turf this weekend. If that doesn't attract your attention then I don't know what will.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark So 2 games in you're done? I was golfing and doing shit all day yesterday and didn't see 1 play of any game so I can't speak about anything that happened yesterday. I thought this team would be 2-2 after 4 games and I still do.

I see what Mitz is saying about the board though. Every and i mean every thread turns into a shitshow of arguing and it usually ends up talking Cousins at some point.

I will continue and always root for the Washington Redskins!

I just thought I would point this out...threads created by Mitz to engage in confrontation about KC...

1- I called you out dad, but was it
2- thank you Alex!…should we have not threw it back at him when AS laid a complete egg?
3- pretty sure one was deleted

From there, should we not put the blame on AS when people are trying to blame the WRs when we believe the receivers would be better if they had a QB that actually threw to them? Or should we not bring up the OL today is much better than it was last year for the QB they hated? Or my favorite, blame the defense for giving up 21points and forcing 2turnovers, while the offense scored 9.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mitz is a cheerleader type fan he doesnt want any debate about the redskins and what they do . its ok to be that way but this is a message board not a pep rally

this board was set up to discuss , agree , disagree fight , not fight be toxic , not toxic

its one of the most active team sites on SportsHoopla

anyone want to claim that the RG3 days werent toxic ? the haslett days ? how about the AH days ? how about snyder in general , or good ole vinny , or BA

its foolish to claim that toxicity showed up when KC took over

why is it others can debate a point to the bitter end on whom they support but when the shoe is on the other foot others are asked to " get over it " or "move on " seems like its a one way street

posters can engage in these debates or start a new one . i dont see why some people feel they have the right to decide when and where a debate is appropriate ( excluding politics and smack talk ) and when some discussion is over ? apparently it isnt nor should it be if posters want to discuss it

now here is a novel idea , how about if you want to talk about something else you find an interesting topic and post it ?

now i suspect some posters who claim to want to be done with this really dont want it to be over

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't you guys want to discuss how the Redskins offensive and defensive lines got their asses beat 2 days ago by the Colts? KC is long gone, move on.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't you guys want to discuss how the Redskins offensive and defensive lines got their asses beat 2 days ago by the Colts? KC is long gone, move on.

well make a post about it and see

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure we can discuss it. It will be a short discussion because we all agree. There is also a thread dedicated to it called Trent Williams, and was mentioned throughout the game thread. I remember a specific post calling out Bill Callahan.

But I will play the game. I challenge that our DL got their asses beat. We allowed 3.7 yards per rush and Luck had to resort short passing game to do anything at 5.7 YPA.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure we can discuss it. It will be a short discussion because we all agree. There is also a thread dedicated to it called Trent Williams, and was mentioned throughout the game thread. I remember a specific post calling out Bill Callahan.

But I will play the game. I challenge that our DL got their asses beat. We allowed 3.7 yards per rush and Luck had to resort short passing game to do anything at 5.7 YPA.

i would too . 3.7 yds is good and we put up 2 to's and gave the offense a short field . the secondary had a few communication glitches with the younger guys but the defense played well enough to win

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ABCers could want nothing more than for KC to mess up so that they could be proven right.

I’m honestly not in that group. I could care less what KC does at this point. I think we got an equal QB in Smith.

But for the sake of argument, one could also say that many of the KC nutswingers want Smith to fail so they can be proven right?? I think we all want our team to win, but 2 games into the season and there some that are already saying (with a shit eatin grin), “I told you so”.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m honestly not in that group. I could care less what KC does at this point. I think we got an equal QB in Smith.

But for the sake of argument, one could also say that many of the KC nutswingers want Smith to fail so they can be proven right?? I think we all want our team to win, but 2 games into the season and there some that are already saying (with a shit eatin grin), “I told you so”.

i think giving up what we did to get a lateral transfer means its a failed trade dude . the major point with my disdain for the trade

for the record

fuller 13 tackles , 2 pds . his replacement FM 4 tackles and one 37 yd PI penalty

dunny 10 tackles 4pds one int

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think giving up what we did to get a lateral transfer means its a failed trade dude . the major point with my disdain for the trade

for the record

fuller 13 tackles , 2 pds . his replacement FM 4 tackles and one 37 yd PI penalty

dunny 10 tackles 4pds one int

Hey, I love Fuller as much as anyone in this board. Believe me. He’s a Hokie and damned good player. Hate that we lost him.

But I said then and I say it now. A QB is much more important to a team than a CB. And FWIW, I think the pass D/secondary has been the most consistent unit thus far in this short season.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go look in the repentance thread , they are all named

it's just crazy that one of the two or three is Coach who lives rent free in your head over this "vendetta".

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I love Fuller as much as anyone in this board. Believe me. He’s a Hokie and damned good player. Hate that we lost him.

But I said then and I say it now. A QB is much more important to a team than a CB. And FWIW, I think the pass D/secondary has been the most consistent unit thus far in this short season.
No doubt QB is more important than CB. But that is not the issue. The issue is would our team be stronger with a Fitzpatrick or Keenum at QB (both were available) along with Fuller and don't forget that 3rd round pick? We paid a high price for lateral move at QB, IMO.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am one of those with a shit eating grin. I am not grinning because we lost. I am grinning because my expectations were extremely low because I have no faith in AS on this team. I would love to be wrong and cheer just as hard as any of you for Redskin success. I am just not a homer and know what Alex Smith is.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately from his own mouth after the fact, this isn’t correct. We did have a chance tho resign him this year. We chose not to compete for him in FA.

NOT a chance in Hell was there a chance to get him to stay here. BTW: with respect to the notion that Dan Snyder would be on the proffered end of a fully guaranteed contract to Kirk Cousins is a joke! Superstars get that type of offer in the NFL, Kirk for all of his numbers is not close to being a superstar QB. He's just not!!

Now understand, I'm not getting into another Kirk is, vs Kirk isn't, elongated thread. Kirk is a very good QB, best that we've seen here in a very long time, I admit that all of the time, but he just didn't pass that threshold where QB's like Brady, make others better. It wasn't true here and it's certainly not true of him in Minnesota.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT a chance in Hell was there a chance to get him to stay here. BTW: with respect to the notion that Dan Snyder would be on the proffered end of a fully guaranteed contract to Kirk Cousins is a joke! Superstars get that type of offer in the NFL, Kirk for all of his numbers is not close to being a superstar QB. He's just not!!

Now understand, I'm not getting into another Kirk is, vs Kirk isn't, elongated thread. Kirk is a very good QB, best that we've seen here in a very long time, I admit that all of the time, but he just didn't pass that threshold where QB's like Brady, make others better. It wasn't true here and it's certainly not true of him in Minnesota.
Hey, all we can go on is what the man said. There is no reason for him to lie. He expected to be here. He did, however, want to test the FA waters to determine his market value. He assumed the team would make an offer to him. He assumed wrong.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt QB is more important than CB. But that is not the issue. The issue is would our team be stronger with a Fitzpatrick or Keenum at QB (both were available) along with Fuller and don't forget that 3rd round pick? We paid a high price for lateral move at QB, IMO.

Agreed, I believe to this moment that we should have gotten another QB at less cost. The problem with making a move like that or scouting a guy like Patrick Mahomes then making the necessary moves to get him or someone like Fritzpatrick or Keenum would require a GM who knows what the hell he's doing. Unfortunately, we have Bruce Allen, who, to his credit, is one of the luckiest recent draft day MF'ers in the game.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, all we can go on is what the man said. There is no reason for him to lie. He expected to be here. He did, however, want to test the FA waters to determine his market value. He assumed the team would make an offer to him. He assumed wrong.

???? This is a bit puzzling especially, the "there is no reason for him to lie." line. Kirk had every reason in the world to hold this line publicly and not one of them had to do with his veracity. His reputation and a very nice way to stick it to management here on the way out the door are two very compelling reasons why he would say that. So let me ask you, If the team made it clear to you that they weren't willing to even offer a contract for your services, let you go into free agency without ever trying to make a "business" trade before or during his last contractual cap season, what else would he say that wouldn't also hurt himself? Hey maybe his true feelings, "they didn't want me, so, I don't want to be there!" NOPE! Kirk took the high road and left the speculation to other with the one caveat... he seems to be a really nice guy!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read my post? I said you can believe or not. I didn't say I believed. I just reported what he said. I am tired of everything being twisted, this is why we are going to be here for 3, 4, 5 years. Enjoy. :D

Yeah, I read and understood your post! Did you read my response. I know what Kirk said, what else could he say that wouldn't put him in a more favorable light? That is why I responded with the line..."Yeah, and I thought that I wouldn't leave my first wife (see, I just said that) ." Nothing was twisted, except a desire to believe a public relations statement.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Cousin's said this year that he thought he wouldn't leave the Redskins but that he wanted to test his worth on the FA market. You can believe him or not. The Redskins decided to trade for Smith making the point moot. We'll never know.

Think about that for a moment, Kirk by your own retelling said that he didn't want to go except that he did want to go (testing the free agent market) and you guys want to stick with ONLY believing the first part? WOW!

To be clear, as a free agent, Washington was eliminated because they didn't offer a contract when they could have effectively done so, and certainly would NOT have matched or exceeded the contract that he ultimately signed. You guys are truly fooling yourselves into believing that Bruce and Dan "could have," "would have," or had any intention to retain one Kirk Cousins!!