• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical: Chip Kelly or Your Current Head Coach?

Who would you rather have as your school/team's head coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michigan: hell no
northwestern: hell no
penn state: over my dead body (hed be the worst fit ever)
colorado: id be begging on my knees (and hed be a really good fit)
syracuse: hed be really good for our program, however i like the way our program is being run right now

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, my coach had an NC in his first 4 years.
Chip, not so much

You do realize you are comparing a historic powerhouse in Oky to a team that hadnt won a Rose bowl since 1917 right?

If I was an Oky fan I would be satisfied with Stoopes.

But to compare Oky to Oregon with Oky's rich history..... with a snapshot of 4 years with Chip at a team like Oregon.

No team in 4 years won more games than Oregon but Bama. No team has remained in the top 10 for more consecutive weeks than Oregon but Bama. They have the nations longest current road win streak. The longest current consecutive BCS Bowl game streak.

Who would have ever thought or even imagined that? And it is because of Chip Kelly. We are talking about -Oregon here. Not a blue blood. This isnt supposed to happen at schools like UO

U have to put this in perspective. Huge majority of Oregon fans expectations of even playing in a NATTY is still far fetched in a lot of minds. Remember, No Rose Bowl trophy in nearly 100 years til 2011. Chip brought that.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize you are comparing a historic powerhouse in Oky to a team that hadnt won a Rose bowl since 1917 right?

If I was an Oky fan I would be satisfied with Stoopes.

But to compare Oky to Oregon with Oky's rich history..... with a snapshot of 4 years with Chip at a team like Oregon.

No team in 4 years won more games than Oregon in 4 years but Bama. No team has remained in the top 10 for more consecutive weeks than Oregon. They have the nations longest current road win streak. The longest current consecutive BCS Bowl game streak.

Who would have ever thought or even imagined that? And it is because of Chip Kelly. We are talking about -Oregon here. Not a blue blood. This isnt supposed to happen at schools like UO

U have to put this in perspective. Huge majority of Oregon fans expectations of even playing in a NATTY is still far fetched in a lot of minds. Remember, No Rose Bowl trophy in nearly 100 years til 2011. Chip brought that.

mamba, lighten up.
I was slamming my own coach, yeo comes back with the "in 4 years" thing.
what was I suppose to do really?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing Chip ever did was go to the NC game and lose.
Hell, my coach has done that 3 times already.

So, I'd keep what we have cause he's 3x as good.

Hard to argue with such logic.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd stick with Meyer, who has won national championships and turned around every program he ever coached at ... no matter what level.

But Kelly was one of the top coaches in CFB and 90% of the programs out there would probably consider him an upgrade to what they already have.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people not lying are teams coached by Saban, Meyer and Petersen.

No, the only people who want him are oregon fans.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the only people who want him are oregon fans.

Somewhere between those two statements is the truth. I can think of more than 3 coaches that most would consider on par. I think 90% was a reasonable percentage. You also have to take into account that Kelly (any coach really) isn't going to be a cultural fit some places.

But no denying he helped Oregon get to where they are now, and there are plenty of programs that would take a shot at having the same success with the system he would bring.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical question: if your school's Athletic Director could replace your team's current head coach with a pack of hotdogs, would you want that, or would you rather stick with your current head coach?

No, I want the hotdogs

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they do say a picture is worth a thousand words.....

DSC01444.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chip Kelly is so amazing, why has Oregon not missed a step without him? (I'm asking because I really don't know). Compare Oregon to FL since Urban lost his smile. Apples to oranges.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually keep Miles over Chip. Miles is a great CEO for this team and he knows how to recruit. He hires the right people and he's one of the most entertaining coaches i've ever seen.... good or bad lol.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly and Tom Osborne have a lot of similarities. Both of them became "exceptional coaches" only after their nemesis fell on hard times. For Osborne it was Barry Switzer getting canned after Barry had owned Nebraska for years. And I do mean owned. For Chip it was USC falling on hard times and ending up with a clown for a coach and a probation that put the big hurt on their entire football program. Neither Osborne nor Kelly would ever have had the huge success they did if they had not been able to benefit from another school's problems. That's why I have a great deal more respect for Nick Saban who is doing wonders at Alabama while every other school in the SEC is able to take their best shots at him. Osborne and Kelly did take advantage of their good fortune (kudos to both of them for that) but it DID take good fortune to get them over the hump.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say stick with Gary Andersen. Chip Kelly would make some drastic changes, and I just see taking a 180 as being bad for Wisconsin football.

I think yall already have a pretty good coach.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take undefeated over this wannabe great.