• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hunter Strickland is getting a bad rap

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing people are making jokes about Strickland giving up too many long balls. His blow up in the WS also has not helped him but I hope people get behind this kid. So much talent still untapped and he learned from all of his playoff appearances . His intensity is good to see and I like that when he is out there he owns the mound. When Bum came out of the minors he had a few blowups himself but that came from his fire to compete . Bum has learned to channel his energy and focus especially between innings. He has learned to conserve energy and his confidence and looseness is off the charts. Hunter should hang with Bum and talk about how Bum has evolved into the pitcher he is today.

Randy Johnson got in Bums ear and passed a few nuggets down to him and I think Bum listened. It's Bum's turn to give back and pass on what he has learned even though Bum is still young in his career. Rags also was really intense when he pitched and has so much knowledge to pass down to Hunter. Hunter will be a dominant relief pitcher if he listens to his coaches and a guy like Bum. Soak up that knowledge and excel . Too many players think they know it all when they should be tapping into people who have been there and done it all before.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strickland, right now, is 26.

Bum, right now, is 25.

When Bum came up to SF, he was 20. There is no comparing Strickland to Bum.

I am not ready to give up on Strickland. He has a 100 MPH FB. Those are rare. But that FB is super-flat, which just means that he is providing all the power to the hitter. He HAS to develop a curve or change in order to be even partially effective at the MLB level.

Since the 2014 playoffs started, Strickland has been beyond a gas can. I do not place much if any weight on games, but Strickland giving up a HR in his first game is certainly not something I would describe as a "good" thing...

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he just gave up another one right now. lol!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he just gave up another one right now. lol!
Yea, I was just going to post this.

Again, not giving up on him, but I am adjusting my expectations...

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bum, right now, is 25.

I am not ready to give up on Strickland. He has a 100 MPH FB. Those are rare. But that FB is super-flat, which just means that he is providing all the power to the hitter. He HAS to develop a curve or change in order to be even partially effective at the MLB level.

Since the 2014 playoffs started, Strickland has been beyond a gas can. I do not place much if any weight on games, but Strickland giving up a HR in his first game is certainly not something I would describe as a "good" thing...

Bum is 25 in age but about 30 in big game experience,confidence, and being loose and free., Bum was exactly like Hunter Strickland when he came up . Bum has had Randy Johnson take him under his wing and Bum is ready to be a huge leader for the guys coming up. Bum has grown by leaps and bounds over his young career and is all set to go large in the leadership department also. I have coached at almost every level and I just notice stuff like this.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bum is 25 in age but about 30 in big game experience,confidence, and being loose and free., Bum was exactly like Hunter Strickland when he came up . Bum has had Randy Johnson take him under his wing and Bum is ready to be a huge leader for the guys coming up. Bum has grown by leaps and bounds over his young career and is all set to go large in the leadership department also. I have coached at almost every level and I just notice stuff like this.

BoB - please be more cognizant of what you are typing. Read other posts. Learn from them. Think about things before you type them. Honestly...

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoB - please be more cognizant of what you are typing. Read other posts. Learn from them. Think about things before you type them. Honestly...

Bum had a temper in the minors and it was well known. Intense just like Hunter Strickland. Hunter also has tons of talent just like Bum did at a young age. I believe Bum can help Hunter with channeling his energy towards throwing the rock and his concentration level will rise.

Is that better? Do you believe me or not?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bum is not the average 25 year old MLB player. His knowledge and experience has bloomed into the player he is today. Bum is a leader and I expect great things from him in the leadership department. Watch all of Bum's postseason games and he bloomed into the coolest bad ass to ever walk into a Game 7. He had total control and confidence in what needed to be done and no one was going to break his concentration level. The shots of him in the bullpen and the dugout between innings shows how much he has grown. The energy he saved by relaxing and saving it for the field was good to see. Don't get me wrong Bum is a real intense dude but he has learned to channel it into pure brilliance on the mound.

He can help Hunter.

Last edited:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bum had a temper in the minors and it was well known. Intense just like Hunter Strickland. Hunter also has tons of talent just like Bum did at a young age. I believe Bum can help Hunter with channeling his energy towards throwing the rock and his concentration level will rise.

Is that better? Do you believe me or not?

No, and no.

When Bum came up, he was rock solid and pitched brilliantly in the 2010 WS.

In his first post-season, Strickland choked and couldn't deliver when it mattered most.

Hey, I hope Bum can be an example and mentor to all the kids who make it to the Bigs. I hope Strickland can find some movement ion his fastball.

Just don't compare the two, because there is little to compare.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, and no.

When Bum came up, he was rock solid and pitched brilliantly in the 2010 WS.

In his first post-season, Strickland choked and couldn't deliver when it mattered most.

Hey, I hope Bum can be an example and mentor to all the kids who make it to the Bigs. I hope Strickland can find some movement ion his fastball.

Just don't compare the two, because there is little to compare.

OK Man, I respect you but you don't get where I am coming from. Good Luck.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bum, right now, is 25.

My sentiments exactly. I like Strickland and rooting for him to make it. But he has to develop those other pitches if he ever is going to be a closer. He can't rely on a 100MPH straight line fastball to get people out in the majors

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing people are making jokes about Strickland giving up too many long balls. His blow up in the WS also has not helped him but I hope people get behind this kid. So much talent still untapped and he learned from all of his playoff appearances . His intensity is good to see and I like that when he is out there he owns the mound. When Bum came out of the minors he had a few blowups himself but that came from his fire to compete . Bum has learned to channel his energy and focus especially between innings. He has learned to conserve energy and his confidence and looseness is off the charts. Hunter should hang with Bum and talk about how Bum has evolved into the pitcher he is today.

Randy Johnson got in Bums ear and passed a few nuggets down to him and I think Bum listened. It's Bum's turn to give back and pass on what he has learned even though Bum is still young in his career. Rags also was really intense when he pitched and has so much knowledge to pass down to Hunter. Hunter will be a dominant relief pitcher if he listens to his coaches and a guy like Bum. Soak up that knowledge and excel . Too many players think they know it all when they should be tapping into people who have been there and done it all before.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:
More like he's getting "Rapped Badly". I have high hopes for the guy because of the over-powering fastball but he's got to get some movement on it or develop a second go to pitch.