• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hue Jackson gets the pink slip

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be a complete house cleaning until that jackass dumbbell Jimmy Haslam is no longer the owner. Sadly I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Yeah, he's pretty much the main reason the Browns have sucked lately.

Hard to get a credible coach unless you stumble into a good roster/GM with how looney toons Haslam has been.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really left to wonder if Dorsey is really left alone to run the football operations. I do believe that his is a good football guy, but I don't think he is left to run it.

Do you really believe that he would've kept Hue as his head coach if he had full authority?
Haslam certainly has say; and I think DePodesta's crew has more input than most people think. The guy who created QBase works for them IIRC. It's like 75% Dorsey until Haslam mucks something up, imo.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslam certainly has say; and I think DePodesta's crew has more input than most people think. The guy who created QBase works for them IIRC. It's like 75% Dorsey until Haslam mucks something up, imo.

Do you think Haslem is as hands on as Jerry Jones? More specifically, do you think he believes he is a football guy and wants his yes men around him? Is he Jerry Jr without any Lombardi's?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really left to wonder if Dorsey is really left alone to run the football operations. I do believe that his is a good football guy, but I don't think he is left to run it.

Do you really believe that he would've kept Hue as his head coach if he had full authority?
I think he was instructed by Haslem to give him a chance this season. Clearly they had both seen enough this year. The excuses of not having enough talent are no longer valid. Dorsey gave him a chance and then made the move that needed to be made.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Haslem is as hands on as Jerry Jones? More specifically, do you think he believes he is a football guy and wants his yes men around him? Is he Jerry Jr without any Lombardi's?
I think he's worse- he meddles in things he has no knowledge of and wields his absolute authority even moreso as a crutch than Jerry does.

This is the guy who let a homeless man convince him to take Manziel when the FO at the time wanted Bridgewater, iirc.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was instructed by Haslem to give him a chance this season. Clearly they had both seen enough this year. The excuses of not having enough talent are no longer valid. Dorsey gave him a chance and then made the move that needed to be made.
Ok, but why put a fuck up like Williams in charge?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is which fuckup do you choose with the Browns coaching staff. Kinda weird they fired Haley, but with descriptions of the power-struggle being a tie, it smells more like more Haslam nonsense.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, again, it's late October. There aren't a lot of coaches you can just bring in and expect any results. He's obviously the interim coach for a reason. This offseason, if he's retained, he'll go back to being DC (barring some absurd turnaround) and Dorsey will hand-pick his own coach. It's not going to be that bad of a role, all things considered. They have talent and tons of cap space.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's worse- he meddles in things he has no knowledge of and wields his absolute authority even moreso as a crutch than Jerry does.

This is the guy who let a homeless man convince him to take Manziel when the FO at the time wanted Bridgewater, iirc.

Exactly. So we can agree that until Haslem allows the GM to run the football team, the coach and his staff, and put his players and systems or theory into place, it's going to continue to be a cluster.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. So we can agree that until Haslem allows the GM to run the football team, the coach and his staff, and put his players and systems or theory into place, it's going to continue to be a cluster.
I slightly disagree in that they've stumbled into a decent looking roster and FO. Could totally see a coach taking the plunge seeing the roster and a likely good draft pick. Lot easier to pacify a moron owner if the team is winning.

Dallas has had good teams on occasion with similar dysfunction in Dallas. Why not Cleveland?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is which fuckup do you choose with the Browns coaching staff. Kinda weird they fired Haley, but with descriptions of the power-struggle being a tie, it smells more like more Haslam nonsense.

Well, again, it's late October. There aren't a lot of coaches you can just bring in and expect any results. He's obviously the interim coach for a reason. This offseason, if he's retained, he'll go back to being DC (barring some absurd turnaround) and Dorsey will hand-pick his own coach. It's not going to be that bad of a role, all things considered. They have talent and tons of cap space.

From watching Hard Knocks, what limited amount I did, the one dude that actually seemed like a professional football coach was Haley. The other 2 just seemed like they wanted to act the part, but didn't know the part.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I slightly disagree in that they've stumbled into a decent looking roster and FO. Could totally see a coach taking the plunge seeing the roster and a likely good draft pick. Lot easier to pacify a moron owner if the team is winning.

Dallas has had good teams on occasion with similar dysfunction in Dallas. Why not Cleveland?
They have good players, so maybe Haslem is intelligent enough to stay out of evaluation and who they pick. In the end, however, he needs to let the football guys make the football decisions and he can make the business decisions. Until he's smart enough to make the distinction, this show will continue.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From watching Hard Knocks, what limited amount I did, the one dude that actually seemed like a professional football coach was Haley. The other 2 just seemed like they wanted to act the part, but didn't know the part.
Sounded like he was being a dick to me. It's also not like our offense was doing much under him. Struggling to score against bad defenses like TB and Pittsburgh, drives stalling due to awful play-calling. It's not a surprise to me.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me start by saying that I want to see Williams first press conference after a game. He seems like a guy who go.

" F this", " F that" " This was BS"

Seems like a guy who i like to pound beers with.

Second. Interesting because this team looked like it was turning the corner to a bright future

Big Z 1990

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the Modell move, the Browns had never fired a coach that never beat the Steelers.

Since the Modell move, they have fired three.

That is a sign that Browns-Steelers is no longer a rivalry (and hasn't been for years) and that the two need to be separated.

I have proposed a realignment of the NFL that moves the Steelers into the AFC East among other changes: NFL realignment.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last five Browns⁠’ head coaches - Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Pat Shurmur, Rod Chudzinski, Mike Pettine - were fired after the second Steelers’ game of that season.‬

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He survived an 0-16 season and gets fired when they actually show some promise this season......LOL. Not saying he should have kept it, but they have looked competitive at times this season going to OT how many times......4? The timing is a little odd.

I'd be excited if I were a Browns fan. Not sure if his replacement is the right one but he has some games to show what he can do.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan comes out of the booth and gets the job in the offseason?