• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How to Fix College Football

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
translation - someone disagrees with me and I cannot stand that. Dan Wetzel is a tard and a putz? Because he disagrees with your opinion?
Didn't you say you weren't pushing for autobids? So now you want to champion one? :L

Are you seriously whiteknighting this guys article? Because if you are indeed doing that I'm going to enjoy taking this up a notch.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anyone else actually supporting what this article proposes? Not parts of it, but THIS idea as a whole? Anyone?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 tell me you agree with this buffoon that wrote this trash piece.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5823eb00-1574-11ea-bccb-ec60fa21f601

Here you go @trojanfan12

This seem legit to you? This would be better than what we have now without causing any harm right?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This clown would end ccg and just do the playoffs now.

Utah in over Oregon eh? Why? Someone tell me based on what criteria. Both he and a poster early in this thread said 'we just know who is better' or near that effect. Is that eye test? Going off conf record and tiebreakers? Maybe going full records? Someone justify his choices based off just what we know right now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read it. I'm too tired and stoned right now though. I'll have to read it tomorrow. lol
Yeah, not shit you're high. You're back on that autobid kick again. Have to be
:doobs:

:whistle:

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why we have a 4 team playoff now. The issue is it’s hard to find a 4th team that actually deserves to be in there also. There is no legitimate reason to expand the playoff and those that bitch about it are just butt hurt.

You are speaking UCFacts

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference title games are pointless.
So you agree with this format proposed then? How do you determine the winners of each conference autobid?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5823eb00-1574-11ea-bccb-ec60fa21f601

Here you go @trojanfan12

This seem legit to you? This would be better than what we have now without causing any harm right?

It's fine with me.

I haven't read the article, so I don't know the rationale behind Memphis and to an extent Baylor. But I don't have a problem with an of the other teams.

Besides, what have you got against more football? You go commie on us or something?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree with this format proposed then? How do you determine the winners of each conference autobid?

Before the expansion, the PAC had the perfect system for determining the conference champ.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine with me.

I haven't read the article, so I don't know the rationale behind Memphis and to an extent Baylor. But I don't have a problem with an of the other teams.

Besides, what have you got against more football? You go commie on us or something?
How is this more football? He's subbing the playoffs for the CCG. That is, no more CCG. Just pick a winner after 12 and throw them in this new playoff.

I'm glad you are fine with it, but his format specifically kills OOC. If Oregon is out ENTIRELY because they dared to play Auburn and had that loss while Utah played BYU, NIU, and IDST instead, this notion some of you hold that we don't lose anything is up in smoke before we even get started.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really. I just think it is unnecessary for 3 of the 4 teams to play this weekend. They have nothing left to prove but I'm also not a fan of the 4 team playoffs.

Always been a fan of 8 team playoffs over this crap.

The problem with CFB is 2 things.

1) Conference title games are not needed for usually at least 3 of the teams in the last playoffs rankings prior to the championship weekend.

2) Most conferences outside of the big 12 is too large to properly determine the autobid without this lame ass title game where we either get rematches we don't need or mismatches

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the expansion, the PAC had the perfect system for determining the conference champ.
YES, but that is gone forever. I said in the other thread going away from 10 team leagues was the worst thing that happened so far. Not the BCS, nor the CFP.

I would also accept going to 11 conference games with a 12 team league. Maybe instead of CCG weekend do a 13th week of reg season so you can have 2 early season OOC. I mean everyone else is just doing a FCS as it is so I'll call bullshit on needing more than 2 to cover rivals and travel worthy games for fans.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES, but that is gone forever. I said in the other thread going away from 10 team leagues was the worst thing that happened so far. Not the BCS, nor the CFP.

I would also accept going to 11 conference games with a 12 team league. Maybe instead of CCG weekend do a 13th week of reg season so you can have 2 early season OOC. I mean everyone else is just doing a FCS as it is so I'll call bullshit on needing more than 2 to cover rivals and travel worthy games for fans.

Can you show us on the doll where your Uncle touched you?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where on earth did you get that from what you quoted? :L

Having balanced schedules again is worse than autobids, but you can't come up with a reason why so try some weird way of going personal? Sounds about right.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this more football? He's subbing the playoffs for the CCG. That is, no more CCG. Just pick a winner after 12 and throw them in this new playoff.

I'm glad you are fine with it, but his format specifically kills OOC. If Oregon is out ENTIRELY because they dared to play Auburn and had that loss while ule Utah played BYU, NIU, and IDST instead, this notion some of you hold that we don't lose anything is up in smoke before we even get started.

If there's an autobid, teams won't be afraid to have better OOC schedules. So the supposed "meaninglessness" of the OOC games could make games like Oregon/Auburn the rule rather than the exception.

I don't like CCG's, but if conferences are going to have more than 10 teams, they're a necessary evil. So I wouldn't agree with getting rid of them.

Don't know why the author would get rid of the CCG anyway, there isn't any reason to.

So, what I would like to see, means more football...

which you are apparently against ya commie bastard.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having balanced schedules again is worse than autobids, but you can't come up with a reason why so try some weird way of going personal? Sounds about right.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's an autobid, teams won't be afraid to have better OOC schedules. So the supposed "meaninglessness" of the OOC games could make games like Oregon/Auburn the rule rather than the exception.

I don't like CCG's, but if conferences are going to have more than 10 teams, they're a necessary evil. So I wouldn't agree with getting rid of them.

Don't know why the author would get rid of the CCG anyway, there isn't any reason to.

So, what I would like to see, means more football...

which you are apparently against ya commie bastard.
In THIS proposal, Utah is in and Oregon is out. The question was based EXACTLY on what. They both had one conf loss. The only thing Oregon had worse was their additional OOC loss.

In the general we want what is really a 10+ team playoff (CCG IS a playoff game if it autoseeds), we are moving along 5 of 10 teams going in that were seeded entirely on 2/3 to 3/4 of their games played and further embrace the already ludicrous unbalanced schedules that currently lead to the conference standings.

None of you ever address that by the way. You are all entirely fine with SEC teams missing playing 5 of their conf members every year and the screwy differences it makes in real SoS, yet a win against Vandy is EXACTLY the same as a win against Bama.

So throw out OOC and seed this new playoff with teams on schedules that are wacky imbalanced. Still have to use humans to seed who gets these new home games for round 1 (as many propose). So we aren't REALLY getting rid of the humans everyone pisses and moans about now.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your response was so fucking bad you had to do it twice? :playball: