• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How to Fix College Football

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more like how to ruin college football if you go to 8 teams and here's the reason why. The regular season in college football is sacred because week-to-week the games carry so much weight. This creates the excitement and drama from fan perspective on television. Because any ONE loss can cost you a coveted position in the 4 team playoff. But once you anoint conference champions plus a couple at large bids, then the drama is lost when you can afford to lose 2-3 games a year but all you have to do is win your division so you get a chance in the CCG. You're effectively trading the drama of an entire season for some drama on conference championship weekend. You need to really think through the excitement of how college football's regular season plays out before you go and destroy that.
Coaches will start sitting players and other stupid shit like the pros do. I guess we should hold a draft for high school players each round being 130 picks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I MUST respond to each and every post that disagrees with me.

I MUST browbeat everyone into my way of thinking.

I CANNOT accept that others disagree.

Same old broken record as in Rivals
I guess you do know what you are so maybe there is help for you. well done, sir...you've come a long way.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you do know what you are so maybe there is help for you. well done, sir...you've come a long way.

That's you, sweetie and you haven't changed a bit.

Anyone want to take the bet on whether he just HAS to respond to each and every person who disagrees with him?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must keep posting, must keep posting.
hilarious as you keep posting.

the most distinguishable trait of irrational people is that they get royally pissed off if you ask them questions that even remotely, vaguely, subtly oppose what they’re saying.

At least you know you have a problem so unlike most here there might be help for you.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hilarious as you keep posting.

the most distinguishable trait of irrational people is that they get royally pissed off if you ask them questions that even remotely, vaguely, subtly oppose what they’re saying.

At least you know you have a problem so unlike most here there might be help for you.

Lol at you saying earlier about people talking badly if you disagreed with them

Well, surprise, surprise....look at exhibit #1

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's you, sweetie and you haven't changed a bit.

Anyone want to take the bet on whether he just HAS to respond to each and every person who disagrees with him?
Nothing funnier than the "he must repond to every post" card as you reply to every post.

Hard to disagree with me as all I said was I'm OK with 4 but prefer 8. You and those opposed to 8? Meltdown city should anyone disagree.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU is pretty much in if they win their CCG. We knew that going into the UM game. Did you still watch? No drama?

I'm not talking about just Ohio State. I'm talking about as an entirety and how the regular season unfolds. It would also seriously water down big preseason matchups and it would take the drama away from trying to stay undefeated. Let's be honest, are middle of the season NFL games really that exciting? No, you can lose a bevy of games and still make the playoffs, let's not ruin college football like that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I do love this forum. You know why?

I can call you the Fucking Idiot you are.

Every time you post forward, I'll simply call you FIdiot.
me - "I prefer 8 but am fine if they keep it at 4."
you and most opponents of 8 - "you have to be an ass, retard, etc. to think 8 will be OK. The sport will be ruined. Maybe even humanity as we know it."

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I am....so why crying so much?

What troll status are you looking to meet?

Nobody has any respect for you, whatsover.

ON this board Oregon Duck has set the standard. And he'll troll you like you've never been trolled before.

What troll level are looking to find? You'll never be top end due to this shit effort. So....,what are your goals and dreams of trolling?

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My job here is done.

Just wanted hooplians to see that if you respond to this guy and dont immediately agree, he's going to be a tick on your ass, digging and digging in further.

Congrats, you gave them a great view.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches will start sitting players and other stupid shit like the pros do. I guess we should hold a draft for high school players each round being 130 picks.
You think? Even in FCS week of the SEC they play their starters with their rivalry game looming the next week.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at you saying earlier about people talking badly if you disagreed with them

Well, surprise, surprise....look at exhibit #1
I'm looking. If you are not irrational how am I talking badly about you.

Oh....nevermind.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, you could lock up your division early and then pack it in until your CCG game came around. Yeah, no thanks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about just Ohio State. I'm talking about as an entirety and how the regular season unfolds. It would also seriously water down big preseason matchups and it would take the drama away from trying to stay undefeated. Let's be honest, are middle of the season NFL games really that exciting? No, you can lose a bevy of games and still make the playoffs, let's not ruin college football like that.
All fair points (even though I complain if anyone disagrees with me), but I don't completely agree. NFL season to NFL fans is exciting all year. Even teams like the Pats (and their fans) who know they will make the playoffs don't want to lose a game.

As for the preseason matchups, many seem to think an 8 teamer will come with first round at site of top 4 seeds. wont teams still then want to win all games so as to make sure they host round 1 game?

Another benefit could be better OOC scheduling as teams would know they can lose one but still get into the CFP.

Have said many times while I prefer 8, I'm good keeping it at 4. Once thought we must have 8 (before any playoff was created), but after winning the first CFP I could see thinking having to win a 3rd game to win it all might be too much to ask these kids.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What troll status are you looking to meet?

Nobody has any respect for you, whatsover.

ON this board Oregon Duck has set the standard. And he'll troll you like you've never been trolled before.

What troll level are looking to find? You'll never be top end due to this shit effort. So....,what are your goals and dreams of trolling?
If you tell me where I'm trolling in this thread have at it (isn't to say I don't troll). an opposing viewpoint supported with logic, facts and reason is not trolling....especially after saying I'm OK with the other side as well.

Looking for respect from the irrational in a sports forum has never been a goal. Sorry to disappoint.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My job here is done.

Just wanted hooplians to see that if you respond to this guy and dont immediately agree, he's going to be a tick on your ass, digging and digging in further.

Congrats, you gave them a great view.
me - "I'm good with the 4 teamer"
you and those opposed to 8 - "wah...wah....please don't disagree or you are an ass, retard, tick, etc.....but I am still going to cry that you are so disagreeable"

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many of the arguments for and against different size playoff fields make assumptions about what good and bad would result even though, for example, not all 8 team formats are the same. Not all methods of ranking teams influence scheduling in the way. Lots of details beyond just number of teams affects a great deal.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Often you see an LOL when the person, you know is not really laughing. Let me assure you I LOL'd after reading your last paragraph. You made it all up then cried I made stuff up (which I didn't).
That’s funny considering your entire previous post was a complete fabrication of your imagination while you did cry about how anyone can think Baylor should have been the team selected for the playoffs considering Ohio State lost their quarterback that was having a historic season. But keep on pretending that you didn’t.