• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOW MUCH LONGER TO I HAVE TO LOOK

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks win, your gonna gave to go into hiding up in Seatttle, LOL. Local media will probably talk about little else.

It seriously can't be any worse than it already is. I don't read the sports pages this week. When I get the usual question "Are you a Seahawks fan?" I respond "No, I've been a 49r fan for 40 years and I hate the fucking seahawks and think Richard Sherman is a huge douche bag" That usually ends the conversation.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree one for one is all good but mass betting is ridiculous. Like you said why should I have to change my avi and sig when all the people who ill advisedly took the bet have the 50/50 chance of losing it without me being involved at all. Sometimes sitting in the shadows and watching is the smartest play in life. I also dont bet on big 49ers games, due to superstitions.

Sometimes winning isn't what it's cracked up to be. Or better phrased, maybe some people don't know what winning is.

For example, I was a student athletic trainer in high school taping ankles and looking at injuries (the real trainer did the work, of course). Another kid wanted to be the Waterboy. I did not want to be the Waterboy but I knew that if I had said that, he would suggest to some coach for me to do it. He's the type of person who would then say I was shirking my responsibility when I never signed up for it. So I let him run to the water first on purpose.

It was kind of embarrassing to act like I was going to go for it and let him gloat but people knew what I was doing. I never took more than two steps. I suppose that he felt that he was faster than I was? Funny thing is he never looked back to see if I was anywhere close. I don't know if he has a disorder or just is a dork. Now on Facebook every couple of weeks he'll post his frustration with the opposite gender never giving him any attention. I would ask him if he picked the wrong gender, but he would misinterpret that.

Meaningless drivel: He requested to be a friend and I didn't respond. Then he unrequested and requested again so it would show up again on notifications. So I accepted, and then put a setting blocking him from everything I post. Skeleton profile. I could've blocked him but he is persistent with everybody. Maybe he would bug me maybe he wouldn't, I don't know. If high school is any indication, then yes.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seriously can't be any worse than it already is. I don't read the sports pages this week. When I get the usual question "Are you a Seahawks fan?" I respond "No, I've been a 49r fan for 40 years and I hate the fucking seahawks and think Richard Sherman is a huge douche bag" That usually ends the conversation.

Then, that's a good sign for Seahawk fans. I would've guessed they would've jumped on you.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, that's a good sign for Seahawk fans. I would've guessed they would've jumped on you.

It's Seattle, they may like Richard Sherman but they're too polite to do anything other than laugh nervously and look desperately for something that would call them away from the conversation.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully Denver wins, then you can sit back and enjoy the fallout

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree one for one is all good but mass betting is ridiculous. Like you said why should I have to change my avi and sig when all the people who ill advisedly took the bet have the 50/50 chance of losing it without me being involved at all. Sometimes sitting in the shadows and watching is the smartest play in life. I also dont bet on big 49ers games, due to superstitions.

Solidarity? Bravado? Boredom? A mass bet could be related to any number of those, among other reasons. Changing avatars for a predetermined amount of time is relatively harmless. It's not like any of us thought they'd became Seattle fans overnight or anything.

The only issue, if you can even call it an issue, is that you may have to double check screen names to see who is posting what comment because there are enough posters with the same Seattle avatar/sig that it can get confusing.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solidarity? Bravado? Boredom? A mass bet could be related to any number of those, among other reasons. Changing avatars for a predetermined amount of time is relatively harmless. It's not like any of us thought they'd became Seattle fans overnight or anything.

The only issue, if you can even call it an issue, is that you may have to double check screen names to see who is posting what comment because there are enough posters with the same Seattle avatar/sig that it can get confusing.

just as long as you don't change your avatar doobie

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Still have the niners as my fav. Just look there

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone involved needs to make another bet. If Seattle loses the Niners get to remove the avatar. If Seattle wins, then I don't know, change the words, keep it until the draft? Just kidding, they moved the draft back to May. Too long, but I'm assuming people can figure out something creative but not too painful/annoying.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A bets a bet. I lost it. So I manned up. End of story.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was the bet? I know people had to change their Avatar and add that silly 12th man shit but how long?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was the bet? I know people had to change their Avatar and add that silly 12th man shit but how long?

March 1st, Sig and Avatar change. Just get the Seattle guys to take the bet and stay out of it yourself. Worst case scenario they change nothing. You stay the same either way.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm embarrassed Niners fans got involved with Seahawks posters in the first place. I know a few of you are active on the general boards, but that place is a cesspool for football discussion. Don't preach about faith to the rest of us. Making an internet bet has zero bearing on your level of "faith"

I'm not a coward who has to hide on the Niner board as to avoid a little confrontation. If that's your thing so be it. Don't accost me because of your mental inability to take a little disagreement.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all in good fun.

I doubt anyone around here's eyes would have been offended if there was a bunch of Seahawk posters around with your Lombardis in our avatars if things had swung the other way. Which quite a few of us were willing to do.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not a coward who has to hide on the Niner board as to avoid a little confrontation. If that's your thing so be it. Don't accost me because of your mental inability to take a little disagreement.

I don't "hide" on the niners board. I choose to stay here because I actually learn stuff from the smart people that post here. So you're an internet tough guy that likes to mix it up on the general boards. Good for you.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3