• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Much (if Anything) Would You Give Up for Josh Gordon

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like, one way or the other the Browns and Josh Gordon are headed for a messy split.

If he becomes a restricted free agent how high would you be willing to go in order to get him? The Browns could tender him at a lower level in hopes of getting a pick out of someone signing him, or they could tender him a second rounder, force him to re-sign with them, and then trade him to the highest bidder.

All hypothetical, obviously, but this should make for a well-divided discussion.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my money, I'd pretty well stay away. If they tender him at a 4th rounder I'd take a shot and see if Caldwell can straighten him out, but anything higher than that is too much to give up for someone who is a failed drug test away from missing the whole season.

The risk/reward on adding Gordon to our offense would be huge- imagine him stepping in a 3 wide set with Megatron and Tater- so I can see the appeal, but this guy just doesn't seem to get it in my opinion.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7th rounder nothing higher. He reminds me of Chris Henry. And we all know how that ended.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much talent....so little brains. I think he would be a worth a 4th for sure. A 2nd is just too much risk. Rob you cited Henry..I'll cite Pac Man Jones. He got his shit together and is playing pretty decent football for the Bengals. I think if anyone, Caldwell could get this kid grounded. Give him a veteran mentor, maybe even make him live with that person. Maybe he will have a reality check. If Caldwell thinks he can, then heck yes because we know he has the talent to justify the pick. As much garbage as we've drafted with higher picks....why not.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see what he was suspended for -- I just saw on the ticker at the bottom of ESPN that he fell 1 game short of being an unrestricted FA. Could the Browns be suspending him for a non-issue to make sure he stayed a restricted FA?

As I said though -- I have no clue what the suspension was even for. Just seems fishy that he was 1 game from being a UFA and he gets hit with a team suspension.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top-5 WR ability? A fourth as a flyer would be cheap. The more important question is what he'll sign for since he really should get the players' union to challenge the suspension that is costing him a year of free agency. If we could get him for 5 years, $50MM with little guaranteed money or signing bonus, the fourth would be fine. With no contract extension I wouldn't give much for a one-year rental at an arbitration salary that should be in line with Tate's.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could trade Suh for him. Browns plan on making a run for Suh anyway and Suh will most likely not sign with us. Might as well get a potential future replacement for Megatron.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much talent....so little brains. I think he would be a worth a 4th for sure. A 2nd is just too much risk. Rob you cited Henry..I'll cite Pac Man Jones. He got his shit together and is playing pretty decent football for the Bengals. I think if anyone, Caldwell could get this kid grounded. Give him a veteran mentor, maybe even make him live with that person. Maybe he will have a reality check. If Caldwell thinks he can, then heck yes because we know he has the talent to justify the pick. As much garbage as we've drafted with higher picks....why not.

Pacman Jones punched a woman just last year.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give Anything up for him. I'd sign him with a loopholed contract when/if he hits the streets.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could trade Suh for him. Browns plan on making a run for Suh anyway and Suh will most likely not sign with us. Might as well get a potential future replacement for Megatron.

Suh and 20 years worth of 1st round picks.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah 4th rounder sounds about right since he doesn't seem to have his act together. considering 4th rounders are just as likely to disappear granted in 3 years but still.

as for henry yeah he had problems but the last year before he died he seemed to have turned it around a bit.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh and 20 years worth of 1st round picks.

We can't trade Suh anyways. He is a FA at the end of the year and can sign with whoever he'd like to, right? Or am I missing something?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't trade Suh anyways. He is a FA at the end of the year and can sign with whoever he'd like to, right? Or am I missing something?

I guess if they tagged him first they could trade him. I'm sure he'd veto any trade to Cleveland anyways and if we did trade him I'd hope it wasn't for a someone like Josh Gordon.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see what he was suspended for -- I just saw on the ticker at the bottom of ESPN that he fell 1 game short of being an unrestricted FA. Could the Browns be suspending him for a non-issue to make sure he stayed a restricted FA?

I heard he missed a walk through and was at a party that Johnny had. How thrue that is :noidea:

As I said though -- I have no clue what the suspension was even for. Just seems fishy that he was 1 game from being a UFA and he gets hit with a team suspension.

Yes, with this being his 6th game and would count for a accrued year of eligibility towards free agency, I would not put it past the ownership for doing it. Can not say I blame them for trying to capitalize on him, if they can.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do a 5th-7th rd. pick. With a contract made to protect the Lions interests.

For any of us to make a claim of which way this kid goes is up to Josh Gordon only. For every Janoris Jenkins there is a Titus Young.

So, to just drop names for arguement sake is what is the norm here.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th guy is a shit storm.

Pass.... the Lions don't have track record to turn this guy around. The Patriots maybe Detroit not so much.

I could just see him pouting he isn't getting touches due to CJ and Tate. If we were talking about a CB or O-lineman maybe. Fucking wideouts are like divas.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never gonna happen. The Ford's made it very clear to Mayhew, no more idiots. Probably the #1 reason Mayhew declined Fairley's option.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the middle of a massive dump. When I started I thought it would be good trade value for him. Nowe that I'm halfway through I think it might be too much.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this head-case of a sum-beech... Thunder spelled it out above perfectly

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying the other day a 5th-7th... can I retract that? Lions have enough damage control to do already. No need taking a chance on this kid also m.aking it worse