• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many of you folks live in Omaha?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in Omaha. i was also in a fraternity. i heard a stat on the radio the other day that the Omaha metro area is set to pass KC within like 10 years, not sure if that was true, but still that's a lot of people.

as far as your experiences.

the zoo - not sure when you went, but we go as a family like 4 times a year and my wife goes probably once a month maybe more. we have never had a problem with the construction, sure it limited a few exhibits, but never that much. the aquarium is amazing, desert dome is like the only one of it's kind in the world and it's nice if you don't mind the heat. jungle is pretty damn cool too. shit, only real complaint i have is the one stupid hill in the middle of it where you either go down the steep ass hill to the tigers or walk the long freaking way around to the petting zoo.

CWS - no clue what to say as i'm not a fan of the CWS. you do realize that i'd wager over 50% of the people outside around the stadium aren't Omaha people right? i'm pretty sure like 90% of the vendors aren't Omaha people either. there are obviously restaurants down there and i've never had a problem at those. can't comment on your individual experience inside the stadium, but i've never had a problem in there.

hotel - first, i think you screwed up by not calling ahead and getting a block of rooms. instead of everyone being next to each other you were spread out, so some idiot probably was room hopping or something and other guests complained about the noise that person/people made. (at least that's what we always did during our fraternity parties). a block together minimizes the other rooms that hear you. We use to call and say it was going to be a large bachelor party or something like that, as opposed to a fraternity party. or if there is a concert or some other activity in town try and say you are doing that. can't really say much about the manager and what happened on getting kicked out, but one person does not make the city. also, other guests more than likely were from out of town, so those aren't omaha people to complain about.

i don't mind omaha, its a decent place. better than some places I've lived, not as great as others.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Omaha. One of my four favorite places. My entire immediate family and a good portion of my extended family live there. The Wife and I planned to move there some time ago but decided to stay put (her side is mostly here) and have now become entrenched.

Sorry your experiences have sucked. They aren't very representative of the city I know.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing....

Omaha is HUGE. This isn't some community where everyone is all in one group and just treats all outsiders like shit. Over half of the population in this city is made of people like myself, who moved here from outside of Omaha.

What are the chances that all of us who moved here to find work and a better life are also rude so that we could just fit right in?

Chuck, as a friend, I think you're coming here with a biased viewpoint every time you come here. Like the second you pull in off I-80 you're just like, "ahhhh fuck, these guys again...."

It's just a giant version of Lincoln. Things are a bit more fast-paced here, and I will admit it took me a while to get used to it. But a city is a city.....and a city's gonna city. Some of the shittiest people I've met were in Lincoln.

well now that was well said...and true i 'spose after the first time i went back expecting more shitty stuff

Chucky should go back to Texas. He's just not a Nebraskan, nor will he ever be.

Nor will you ever be a Texan. not that you care, but that makes me happy

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor will you ever be a Texan. not that you care, but that makes me happy

That doesn't make any sense. I'm not a fan of a team in Texas. Why would I ever want to be a Texan?

Common sense is not your strong suit. You should be fine plugging given numbers into a keyboard all day though.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make any sense. I'm not a fan of a team in Texas. Why would I ever want to be a Texan?

Common sense is not your strong suit. You should be fine plugging given numbers into a keyboard all day though.
LOL !! @ young yutes that get a few hjaaaaaaairs on their bwaaals
then thank thar a man already
and have done it all
and have been around the werld as well

bottom line is this ---they heard the stories from those that have
and fill like they have beeen thar to ---intitled little wipper snappers

LMFAO !!

we had to earn it RA ----eeeeeearn it

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL !! @ young yutes that get a few hjaaaaaaairs on their bwaaals
then thank thar a man already
and have done it all
and have been around the werld as well

bottom line is this ---they heard the stories from those that have
and fill like they have beeen thar to ---intitled little wipper snappers

LMFAO !!

we had to earn it RA ----eeeeeearn it

We didn't earn it in cubicles either. lulz

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't earn it in cubicles either. lulz
thaaaaats right
it takes hard werk to earn the time to say ---dadburnit !! I did the werk
and I am and old fellar with a bad back
I have about 20 more years of werk in my old and battled body
my 40 is getting more as i werk sir

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell ye what......I've earned every cent that I have en sech

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thaaaaats right
it takes hard werk to earn the time to say ---dadburnit !! I did the werk
and I am and old fellar with a bad back
I have about 20 more years of werk in my old and battled body
my 40 is getting more as i werk sir

It's ok to get paid more for what you know, as opposed to paid for what you do. I just wouldn't want to do it in a cubicle doing data entry. Apparently midnight tickle fights in tightie whities is a prerequisite.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok to get paid more for what you know, as opposed to paid for what you do. I just wouldn't want to do it in a cubicle doing data entry. Apparently midnight tickle fights in tightie whities is a prerequisite.
the only data entry I do .......................

well

gez wez i don't
LOL I gustclean ploop out of sewers and flo lines

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea ----I can see you as a hard werker

you are a Husker fan

JJM is a true Nebraska kid. I can see myself in him as a youngster. JJM would be hanging out at the fishin' hole with us on Saturday afternoons, listening to Lyell Bremser calling the Husker games on a battery powered AM radio en sech.

I.M Hipp, Roger Craig, and Rick Berns all played in this game.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye guys see me exactly how I was.

Listened to every dadburned game on the radio that I couldn't see on TV. Which when I was really young that was almost every game.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye guys see me exactly how I was.

Listened to every dadburned game on the radio that I couldn't see on TV. Which when I was really young that was almost every game.
We were lucky to have 2 games per year + a bowl game on TV.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were lucky to have 2 games per year + a bowl game on TV.

Yep

The big OOC game (today's P5 equivalent)
Oklahoma
Bowl game

Occasionally Missouri would make it.