• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many of you folks live in Omaha?

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people in Omaha are rude, I don't know what to call people in New York, New Jersey, or California.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling at all. Just telling him like it is.

You don't have to be a gang-banger or criminal to be a punk. If you're 3 for 3 having a bad time somewhere, the likely problem is YOU. If he's never had a pleasant time in this fuckin city, and hates it, I expect he'll keep his frat punk ass out. Ain't nobody here gonna miss him.
I don't expect to ever see another post from him about coming back in this city. I figure we're a much more pleasant place without his disruptive ilk.

KEEP OFF MY TOWN.jpg

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TL;DR: why does Omaha fucking suck?

i gotta say, I've never had a pleasant time in this fuckin city. I've grown to hate it. So as to not insult you my question is, what gives?

First time I spent more than a few hours here I went to the zoo. Half of it was closed down to renovations (not really the zoo's fault at all, more just bad timing on my part) but it lead to a less than impressive zoo visit when all I'd ever heard was how great Henry dorely was

Second time, was summer of 2014, I went to the CWS. I wasn't wearing no faggie or horns gear, I was wearing my skers attire. The people in and around the field I found nothing but extremely unpleasant. Not as much the fans, but the people actually working at TD. It kinda amazed me

Now to my most recent encounter. Seeing as you guys can see that in writing this post at 3AM it'll help you guys understand my situation a bit. My fraternity had a formal in Omaha tonight (sat night) and we decided that unlike usual we would all find our own hotels and such (we've had problems with noise complaints in the past when we get a block of rooms...fully understandable) I was staying at the homewood suites DT, right near TD. We were in the hotel room drinking before we went on a party boat. At around 5:30 we got a call from the front desk saying we had a noise complaint and our music was too loud. Not wanting to get kicked out I gladly told the front desk that we would turn the music off and be going to our event within the next 10-15 minutes. We got back at around 11:30 and went straight to sleep.

Anyways I wake up to a knock on my door at about 1:45 in the morning to the hotel security telling me I have 15 minutes to vacate the premises. Afterwards anything in the room is considered hotel property and if we are not off the premises the cops would be called...me and the 3 other people in The room were physically asleep...(to give you some better understanding, I stayed sober for the night simply to keep us from getting too noisy and being kicked out)

I tried asking about why we got a noise complaint since we were asleep. Again her whole thing about the cops was repeated to me verbatim

So my question is....what gives? Ive never run in to rude people in any part of Nebraska except Omaha, and they haven't been just rude they've been flat out assholes
First of all, YOU should have called the cops and when they arrived demanded a full refund. Next, write a nice calm note to Corporate asking for the manager who did this to you to be sent to training/retraining on dealing with customers and explain exactly what happened. Hate Omaha if you will, but unless you assert yourself and you rights you will never have any sort of pleasant time in cities much bigger than Omaha. I live in Bellevue now as my former area is gang ridden and that was no place to bring up the kids. Hell Chuck, my college age daughter would have dealt with this situation better than you do because she takes no crap from anyone. BTW, stop breaking lamps!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, YOU should have called the cops and when they arrived demanded a full refund. Next, write a nice calm note to Corporate asking for the manager who did this to you to be sent to training/retraining on dealing with customers and explain exactly what happened. Hate Omaha if you will, but unless you assert yourself and you rights you will never have any sort of pleasant time in cities much bigger than Omaha. I live in Bellevue now as my former area is gang ridden and that was no place to bring up the kids. Hell Chuck, my college age daughter would have dealt with this situation better than you do because she takes no crap from anyone. BTW, stop breaking lamps!!

He can't call the cops because they were drinking under age.

Other than that....Yes, I would have called the cops myself if I had truly been sleeping.

The hotel knew where the noise was coming from. They're not stupid.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A note to corporate still could get him some free nights stays elsewhere.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A note to corporate still could get him some free nights stays elsewhere.

Agreed.

I stay exclusively at Marriott. They've given me free nights for stuff like a broken chair in my room, remote didn't work, etc. LOL
I didn't have to write corporate though. Just called the front desk.

I imagine the manager did a report with the REAL story on chucky though.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

I stay exclusively at Marriott. They've given me free nights for stuff like a broken chair in my room, remote didn't work, etc. LOL
I didn't have to write corporate though. Just called the front desk.

I imagine the manager did a report with the REAL story on chucky though.
Like I said, Chuck needs to stop breaking lamps!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omaha is one of my favorite cities to visit, it's subjective to your age Chuck, amateur night can happen any town USA, it's not Omaha's fault, they've always been there really. Try a pub crawl on St Pattys Day vs Henry Dorley Zoo if possible for example :suds:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omaha is one of my favorite cities to visit, it's subjective to your age Chuck, amateur night can happen any town USA, it's not Omaha's fault, they've always been there really. Try a pub crawl on St Pattys Day vs Henry Dorley Zoo if possible for example :suds:

LOL

Rub it in much?

He can't. He's a minor.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing....

Omaha is HUGE. This isn't some community where everyone is all in one group and just treats all outsiders like shit. Over half of the population in this city is made of people like myself, who moved here from outside of Omaha.

What are the chances that all of us who moved here to find work and a better life are also rude so that we could just fit right in?

Chuck, as a friend, I think you're coming here with a biased viewpoint every time you come here. Like the second you pull in off I-80 you're just like, "ahhhh fuck, these guys again...."

It's just a giant version of Lincoln. Things are a bit more fast-paced here, and I will admit it took me a while to get used to it. But a city is a city.....and a city's gonna city. Some of the shittiest people I've met were in Lincoln.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah......I just realized "city" is a really weird word.

One of those mind blowing moments where I just sat and looked at the word and thought maybe I had spelled it wrong for a second.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chucky should go back to Texas. He's just not a Nebraskan, nor will he ever be.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances that all of us who moved here to find work and a better life are also rude so that we could just fit right in?
Yeah I got tired of ye fuckers so I moved out after 33 years of yer shit. :D