• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many games will Wentz start in Washington before being benched?

How many games before Commander Wentz rides pine?

• Total voters

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Wentz basically cannon fodder this weekend?

acegif-com-sweating-50.gif

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be an interesting offseason if Carr, Smith, Brady, Garoppolo, Mayfield, Jones, Ryan, Wentz, Darnold, Bridgewater, and Mariota all become FAs. (I'm assuming Jackson won't be available).

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be an interesting offseason if Carr, Smith, Brady, Garoppolo, Mayfield, Jones, Ryan, Wentz, Darnold, Bridgewater, and Mariota all become FAs. (I'm assuming Jackson won't be available).
I would have to think Matt Ryan retires. He really needs to walk away with some dignity. Should sign a nothing deal with the Falcons, play 1 snap and call it quits. Carr might waive his no trade clause and the Raiders actually could get back a 2nd rounder or something before trying to entice Brady. I bet the Jets go after Carr.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to think Matt Ryan retires. He really needs to walk away with some dignity. Should sign a nothing deal with the Falcons, play 1 snap and call it quits. Carr might waive his no trade clause and the Raiders actually could get back a 2nd rounder or something before trying to entice Brady. I bet the Jets go after Carr.
Carr waiving his no trade clause so the Raiders can send him somewhere that suits them and gains them something rather than help him makes no sense. No-one should be interested in Carr on is current deal. You'd have to give up a lot of Draft capital for someone to take that contract. There's no official trade market until March so the Raiders couldn't be sure he wouldn't change his mind.

Ryan could retire, so could Brady, so could Wentz.

Last edited:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is one unappealing list of QBs other than Brady. Gardner Minshew has as much value as most of those names.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is one unappealing list of QBs other than Brady. Gardner Minshew has as much value as most of those names.
Very true. Some of them will get looked at as bridge guys though so will make out okay. Hell, Andy Dalton is still getting jobs.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr waiving his no trade clause so the Raiders can send him somewhere that suits them and gains them something rather than help him makes no sense. No-one should be interested in Carr on is current deal. You'd have to give up a lot of Draft capital for someone to take that contract. There's no official trade market until March so the Raiders couldn't be sure he wouldn't change his mind.

Ryan could retire, so could Brady, so could Wentz.
Any team taking him would require him reworking that deal anyway. He has to know that. I don't think the Raiders would have to sweeten the pot all that much, tbh.
As for Matt Ryan, not could but should retire. He should have done it 2 years ago.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. Add Minshew to the list. Maybe someone pays him enough to qualify for a compensatory pick, assuming the Eagles don't spend spend their cash negating the pick. Personally I don't think any team will see Minshew as a potential #1 QB.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. Add Minshew to the list. Maybe someone pays him enough to qualify for a compensatory pick, assuming the Eagles don't spend spend their cash negating the pick. Personally I don't think any team will see Minshew as a potential #1 QB.

I am not saying I would either. I think all those guys are seen as backups or stopgap players at this point in their careers. Just saying that a lot of those names are not going to be very marketable at all in free agency. Minshew is going to be a free agent so he will likely be signing with someone as their backup or stopgap starter IMO.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team taking him would require him reworking that deal anyway. He has to know that. I don't think the Raiders would have to sweeten the pot all that much, tbh.
As for Matt Ryan, not could but should retire. He should have done it 2 years ago.
Simple question: Would you rather trade a 5th round pick for a player on his current contract or would you rather keep the pick and pay the player $1M more over the 2 or 3 years of his contract?

Supplementary question: Why would Carr reduce his contract to X amount of dollars so the Raiders could get a pick when he could wait for the Raiders to cut him and then charge the new team X amount of dollars plus a bit more?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying I would either. I think all those guys are seen as backups or stopgap players at this point in their careers. Just saying that a lot of those names are not going to be very marketable at all in free agency. Minshew is going to be a free agent so he will likely be signing with someone as their backup or stopgap starter IMO.
Multiple back-up QBs are also going to be out of contract. Heinicke and Lock might have stronger markets than Minshew. There's going to be interest in Minshew. I just don't see it being stop-gap starter interest.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr will be dealt.....the Panthers and Jets would both be 10 win teams with him this season.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr will be dealt.....the Panthers and Jets would both be 10 win teams with him this season.
I think Carr gets cut. IIRC it's being reported that a trade isn't enforceable until after Carr's guarantees vest. That's a lot of risk and wink-nod agreements for a trade to depend on.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Sam Howell getting the nod over Wentz and Heinicke

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Sam Howell getting the nod over Wentz and Heinicke

They need to see Howell in a real game, Wentz being #3 is telling.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3