• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Long Should GM's Wait for FA's?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already made my point but you seemed to have a problem with it. Please pay attention.

And I made a counter to it. You said the league is star-driven, with the exception to the Spurs and Mavs. You can only say that when your team is winning consistently like the Spurs. The Mavs aren't some unique franchise that "wins the right way" like the Spurs do. The Mavs barely made it to the playoffs this year and didn't make it in last season. The last time the Spurs missed the playoffs, Clinton was still in office. I'm still waiting on your counter to that until you brought up 2011.

I'm not butt hurt about 2011, everyone's team is going to lose in the Finals once in a while. But I'll still take the Heat's history over the Mavs any day of the week considering 3 > 1.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I made a counter to it. You said the league is star-driven, with the exception to the Spurs and Mavs. You can only say that when your team is winning consistently like the Spurs. The Mavs aren't some unique franchise that "wins the right way" like the Spurs do. The Mavs barely made it to the playoffs this year and didn't make it in last season. The last time the Spurs missed the playoffs, Clinton was still in office. I'm still waiting on your counter to that until you brought up 2011.

I'm not butt hurt about 2011, everyone's team is going to lose in the Finals once in a while. But I'll still take the Heat's history over the Mavs any day of the week considering 3 > 1.

That just isn't true. I wish my team could lose in the Finals someday.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as someone else mentioned, it's not the GM's waiting on the players. It's the players waiting on LeBron/Bosh/Melo,etc.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatles and Guns N Guitars gonna have a Bro Down!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRpTjr4L4T4]South Park Bro Down - YouTube[/ame]

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Redskins will be in the SB this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as someone else mentioned, it's not the GM's waiting on the players. It's the players waiting on LeBron/Bosh/Melo,etc.

Exactly they are just waiting on the superstars to commit, then it will be a frenzy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if Melo and Lebron head West, you may just get your wish. Someone has to win the East next year

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but then I remember the Heat drew first blood in '06. Cuban still won't stop with his conspiracy theories though.....so maybe I'm not the one who's jimmies are truly rustled.

Also, interesting that you didn't bother to counter my argument with this thing called facts.

i DID find it interesting that when the Mavs won the title Stern had one of his ASSISTANTS hand Cuban the title trophy...

guess there was just a LITTLE bad blood between the 2 of them...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i DID find it interesting that when the Mavs won the title Stern had one of his ASSISTANTS hand Cuban the title trophy...

Bad blood can stream a long way....but Cavs fans, keep thinking he's coming:laugh3:

And speaking of Gilbert, I love his ' pitch' about how cheap Arison is because he amnestied Miller, and how money doesn't factor into his decisions.
1. The Cavs amnestied Baron Davis, correct, why?
2. Has Gilbert ever paid 1 dollar of luxury tax?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably because Cuban is an ass.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad blood can stream a long way....but Cavs fans, keep thinking he's coming:laugh3:

And speaking of Gilbert, I love his ' pitch' about how cheap Arison is because he amnestied Miller, and how money doesn't factor into his decisions.
1. The Cavs amnestied Baron Davis, correct, why?
2. Has Gilbert ever paid 1 dollar of luxury tax?

Nope, but he sure has collected a lot of welfare checks from teams that do.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency has become a crap shoot. Players want to go to Cleveland and the Knicks ?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency has become a crap shoot. Players want to go to Cleveland and the Knicks ?

I'm convinced that the only reason why Melo went to the Knicks is because Chicago couldn't offer anything close to the max unlike NY. Money isn't the end all be all, but the difference between what he could make was considerable.

Lebron on the other hand. I'm still convinced that he wanted himself and his entourage to have the power and control in Cleveland that he never was going to get in Miami. Why the opt out after the first year in his contract? It's a powerplay move.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatles, I think players today have motives that are personal and much different than the past. I could make the argument that Melo could make the same money with other teams if you factor endorsements and the like. It use to be that the highest amount wins, and warm weather cities always win.

Its not the case anymore. Players today choose a variety of reasons.

Now that this legendary free agency year has past, who were the winners? Certainly NY, Chicago and Cleveland, all northern cold dreary climates.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced that the only reason why Melo went to the Knicks is because Chicago couldn't offer anything close to the max unlike NY. Money isn't the end all be all, but the difference between what he could make was considerable.

Lebron on the other hand. I'm still convinced that he wanted himself and his entourage to have the power and control in Cleveland that he never was going to get in Miami. Why the opt out after the first year in his contract? It's a powerplay move.

Power play move by Wade??

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't be serious?
Riley and Wade 100% trust each other.
Please name any possible power play that Wade could make?

I don't think James current contract though was created by him because he might leave.
No way he does.

I think both kept options open to possibly help their teams next summer.

Last edited by a moderator: