• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Pro Bowl was a product off Kelly's gimmick offense that the league figured out quickly. Soon he was relegated to backup duty and said he had considered quitting football. He got on that Joe Flacco like run to their title, then had a decent run for a few games the following year before failing miserably in Jacksonville. As I said it's bizarre that anyone would be promoting Nick Foles right now at a time when his career is pretty much in the shitter. Wentz has been bad this year but Foles has been clearly much worse

it’s amazing the lengths YOU will go to diminish his repeated accomplishments just so you can attempt to validate YOUR opinion.

You are guilty of exactly what you are accusing me of.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Pro Bowl was a product off Kelly's gimmick offense that the league figured out quickly. Soon he was relegated to backup duty and said he had considered quitting football. He got on that Joe Flacco like run to their title, then had a decent run for a few games the following year before failing miserably in Jacksonville. As I said it's bizarre that anyone would be promoting Nick Foles right now at a time when his career is pretty much in the shitter. Wentz has been bad this year but Foles has been clearly much worse
Justify it as you see fit, yet all 3 times with Philly he came back strong and took the team to new levels. So the 4th time we expect he won't? Maybe, maybe not...

and his career was deeper in the shitter with the Rams before he became SB MVP

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no champion for Wentz, as I said I'm very happy he has regressed. But to be pimping Nick Foles at this particular moment when he seems destined to being career backup (again) is a bit odd.
Oh ok

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is legendary. 545 pages! But here's my question: Since the Eagles obviously dropped the ball on Foles, which team is he going to take to the promised land next? Jacksonville? Or do they roll with Minshew and let someone else snap him up? How about the Colts-they got former offensive genius Frank Reich already, with Foles Indianapolis fans could start scheduling their vacations around the super bowl immediately. Maybe Gruden and the Raiders make a run for him now that they seem to be turning it around.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is legendary. 545 pages! But here's my question: Since the Eagles obviously dropped the ball on Foles, which team is he going to take to the promised land next? Jacksonville? Or do they roll with Minshew and let someone else snap him up? How about the Colts-they got former offensive genius Frank Reich already, with Foles Indianapolis fans could start scheduling their vacations around the super bowl immediately. Maybe Gruden and the Raiders make a run for him now that they seem to be turning it around.

He already tried to lead Jacksonville to the promised land. How'd that work out again? And that boys and girls is my entire point. Nick Foles has been horrible this year and is now on the bench, baring an injury he is relegated to clip board duty behind some stiff named Minchew. How this means nothing to you guys is kind of strange

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already tried to lead Jacksonville to the promised land. How'd that work out again? And that boys and girls is my entire point. Nick Foles has been horrible this year and is now on the bench, baring an injury he is relegated to clip board duty behind some stiff named Minchew. How this means nothing to you guys is kind of strange
Do you think this guy is aware that Foles broke his collarbone? And has been out for most of the year?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you could be right. He could be just another example that if everything goes right in a particular season you don't have to be a great qb to win the super bowl. Hell, the Giants did it twice with Eli Manning in between 15 or so other good to mediocre years. And it seems like people value Foles more if he is playing for the Eagles. It's hard to get an idea just how good people think Foles is.
Like if he started for the Eagles this year and wasn't injured, would they have the division wrapped up by now?
Or if you replaced the playoff teams (or teams on the fringe of the playoffs) with Nick Foles right now would they have a better chance to win the super bowl? (for argument's sake we'll assume he has been with that team all year studying as a backup).
Do you bring in Foles for Brady?
Foles or Josh Allen?
Foles or Lamar Jackson? I'm guessing no
Foles or Duck/Rudolph - I could see that
Foles or Deshaun Watson?
Foles or Tannehill? I don't know, Tannehill looks like he could be the next Foles
Foles or Brissett? Could be a fit
Foles or Prescott?
Foles or Rodgers?
Foles or Cousins?
Foles or Trubisky? this one would probably get a lot of yes votes
Foles or Brees?
Foles or Garrapalo?
Foles or Wilson?
Foles or Goff? Probably almost as popular as Trubisky

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off again, this is exactly what happened before he became a SB MVP and had two straight playoff runs

Second and more importantly, it's as if you think this thread is actually about Philly going back to Foles from Wentz...

it's not

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go there just yet.

He will need to argue it for at least another 300 pages before I'll consider it.

Ya know... when you put it like that... it’s pretty impressive what PE1 has accomplished.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know... when you put it like that... it’s pretty impressive what PE1 has accomplished.
it definitely takes a thick skull to get it to these heights. I also give him Kudos! :thumb:

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you could be right. He could be just another example that if everything goes right in a particular season you don't have to be a great qb to win the super bowl. Hell, the Giants did it twice with Eli Manning in between 15 or so other good to mediocre years. And it seems like people value Foles more if he is playing for the Eagles. It's hard to get an idea just how good people think Foles is.
Like if he started for the Eagles this year and wasn't injured, would they have the division wrapped up by now?
Or if you replaced the playoff teams (or teams on the fringe of the playoffs) with Nick Foles right now would they have a better chance to win the super bowl? (for argument's sake we'll assume he has been with that team all year studying as a backup).
Do you bring in Foles for Brady?
Foles or Josh Allen?
Foles or Lamar Jackson? I'm guessing no
Foles or Duck/Rudolph - I could see that
Foles or Deshaun Watson?
Foles or Tannehill? I don't know, Tannehill looks like he could be the next Foles
Foles or Brissett? Could be a fit
Foles or Prescott?
Foles or Rodgers?
Foles or Cousins?
Foles or Trubisky? this one would probably get a lot of yes votes
Foles or Brees?
Foles or Garrapalo?
Foles or Wilson?
Foles or Goff? Probably almost as popular as Trubisky

I think the only definitive “no”s on that list are Jackson, Rodgers, and Wilson.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think this guy is aware that Foles broke his collarbone? And has been out for most of the year?

Yeah it was in all the papers, I caught it thanks.

But he's back and has been for a month, played like shit, and is now on the bench. As I keep saying an interesting time to be pimping Nick Foles as his stock has never been lower. Well maybe when he was thinking of quitting football because he was so bad, another low point which again only backs up my point that he was kinda a flash in the pan in an otherwise unimpressive career. Again this guy had a Pro Bowl season in a gimmick offense that had as much lasting power as RGIII, he got hot in one playoff run and people act like he's Joe Montana.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off again, this is exactly what happened before he became a SB MVP and had two straight playoff runs

Second and more importantly, it's as if you think this thread is actually about Philly going back to Foles from Wentz...

it's not

Yeah good point, this thread has morphed into so much more. Stupid me, tried to get back on topic and that of course is Foles>Wentz. Even with Wentz's regression he was last seen engineering a comeback win, Foles was last seen holding a clip board.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles won a super bowl

Wentz led a comeback against 2-10 Giants

foles > Wentz

giphy.gif

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was in all the papers, I caught it thanks.

But he's back and has been for a month, played like shit, and is now on the bench. As I keep saying an interesting time to be pimping Nick Foles as his stock has never been lower. Well maybe when he was thinking of quitting football because he was so bad, another low point which again only backs up my point that he was kinda a flash in the pan in an otherwise unimpressive career. Again this guy had a Pro Bowl season in a gimmick offense that had as much lasting power as RGIII, he got hot in one playoff run and people act like he's Joe Montana.
Right just 1 playoff run that’s all he got lol. That’s all you needed to say for me to know you have no clue what you’re talking about.