• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because you were the one sparking the controversy. You motive was clear. Typical shit philly fan.

You should call WIP and list your trade proposals for Wentz like the other shitbirds.

the shit you spew is embarrassing. you lie and say i wanted foles benched. then you say i'm sparking controversy by defending wentz a few weeks later. so what is it? i don't want foles? i don't want wentz? make up your mind.

then you whine about any football conversation on a fucking football forum. can't talk trades. can't talk about how important home field is. can't talk draft. can't talk about articles. what's left? i'm not interested in flexing internet muscles all day long by insulting people and rarely discussing actual sports like some people (cough cough.)

most of these non philly fans here can probably tell you the exact truth i've been saying since foles took over at the end of last year. he was a better fit for the eagles aging roster than wentz, and they should have traded him to build the team back up. maybe one day you'll have a legit counter, other than "derp. wentz, 2017."

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I’ve mentioned here before, I have several really good friends/colleagues that live in Philly and who are avid Eagles fans. Coincidentally, two of them flew into town last night and we had dinner together.

When the topic of conversation switched to football they were both of the same mindset: that frank Reich didn’t get enough credit for what he did with that SB team. They both pointed out that jacoby brisset wasn’t the player he is today until frank Reich arrived.

They also commented that Foles was much more of a “fun” guy to be around. During practice, both he and Wentz were all business but when it came to after practice stuff Foles just wanted to hang out and be one of the guys. That drew people to him. Word is that when teammates go out with Wentz after practice he’s still talking about football. Word is he doesn’t have the social skills to interact with a group of teammates.

Lastly, they mentioned that philly sports talk radio has been on blast this week. Lots of callers now openly questioning the Wentz decision. Lots of callers still making excuses for Wentz but other callers saying “well how come Foles was able to perform”?

For me the Reich thing sounds about right. Especially when you see Brissett. IMO Wentz is a strong kid with a big arm. Because of his size and strength when he doesn’t see a play develop right away he looks to run. I see that as soon as he senses pressure in the pocket. He looks to run rather than slide up into the pocket. That may work in college but not at the pro level. DL and LBs have too much speed and will run you down. He can throw it a mile but he struggles on other types of throws.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I’ve mentioned here before, I have several really good friends/colleagues that live in Philly and who are avid Eagles fans. Coincidentally, two of them flew into town last night and we had dinner together.

When the topic of conversation switched to football they were both of the same mindset: that frank Reich didn’t get enough credit for what he did with that SB team. They both pointed out that jacoby brisset wasn’t the player he is today until frank Reich arrived.

They also commented that Foles was much more of a “fun” guy to be around. During practice, both he and Wentz were all business but when it came to after practice stuff Foles just wanted to hang out and be one of the guys. That drew people to him. Word is that when teammates go out with Wentz after practice he’s still talking about football. Word is he doesn’t have the social skills to interact with a group of teammates.

Lastly, they mentioned that philly sports talk radio has been on blast this week. Lots of callers now openly questioning the Wentz decision. Lots of callers still making excuses for Wentz but other callers saying “well how come Foles was able to perform”?

For me the Reich thing sounds about right. Especially when you see Brissett. IMO Wentz is a strong kid with a big arm. Because of his size and strength when he doesn’t see a play develop right away he looks to run. I see that as soon as he senses pressure in the pocket. He looks to run rather than slide up into the pocket. That may work in college but not at the pro level. DL and LBs have too much speed and will run you down. He can throw it a mile but he struggles on other types of throws.

reich is definitely a big factor. plenty of stories around that he enforced the plays and kept wentz in line with it all. i'm convinced wentz doesn't have the tools to fully utlilize his talent game after game without significant, constant help from other sources. where as foles, who clearly has lesser talent, would continue to excel because of his mental makeup.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The numbers do not necessarily reflect that.
64 rushes and 28 sacks in 13 games from 2017 with Reich.
25 rushes and 13 sacks in 7 games from 2019.

Is there where I say, "BOOOOOOOOM!!!"?????

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers do not necessarily reflect that.
64 rushes and 28 sacks in 13 games from 2017 with Reich.
25 rushes and 13 sacks in 7 games from 2019.

Is there where I say, "BOOOOOOOOM!!!"?????
How about not necessarily run the ball, but leave the pocket? I wasn't sure which he meant. He did say run, but then he said instead of just stepping up. I did notice him scramble out of the pocket as soon as pressure came against Dallas last week. It did work out for him more often than not last game, but he did seem quick to get out of there instead of stepping up or side-stepping. I'm sure you have watched him more than me so I'll have to go with your opinion on it, but it did seem to hold true last week.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, my poor wording. I meant scramble not run. Wentz is clearly making a conscious effort not to run but he still likes to use his size to “extend plays”. I’m not sure that’s s good idea both from a productivity standpoint and a sustainability standpoint

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, my poor wording. I meant scramble not run. Wentz is clearly making a conscious effort not to run but he still likes to use his size to “extend plays”. I’m not sure that’s s good idea both from a productivity standpoint and a sustainability standpoint

yeah, Wentz breaks the pocket more than he probably should rather than stepping up and delivering a throw. Maybe he thinks its extending plays, and sometimes it is. But if you're on the run all game, your accuracy is shit and you'll cause more holding penalties when the line doesn't sense the DL pulling the opposite direction all of the sudden.

To Foles credit, he would stand in that pocket as long as necessary to let the play develop.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the shit you spew is embarrassing. you lie and say i wanted foles benched. then you say i'm sparking controversy by defending wentz a few weeks later. so what is it? i don't want foles? i don't want wentz? make up your mind.

then you whine about any football conversation on a fucking football forum. can't talk trades. can't talk about how important home field is. can't talk draft. can't talk about articles. what's left? i'm not interested in flexing internet muscles all day long by insulting people and rarely discussing actual sports like some people (cough cough.)

most of these non philly fans here can probably tell you the exact truth i've been saying since foles took over at the end of last year. he was a better fit for the eagles aging roster than wentz, and they should have traded him to build the team back up. maybe one day you'll have a legit counter, other than "derp. wentz, 2017."

If I'm following your logic from the last few years...

Foles >>>> Wentz

Sudfeld >>>> Foles

so...

Sudfeld >>>> Wentz.

Why is Sudfeld not starting? How soon until you create that thread?

if you're wondering, I didn't read your post.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Wentz breaks the pocket more than he probably should rather than stepping up and delivering a throw. Maybe he thinks its extending plays, and sometimes it is. But if you're on the run all game, your accuracy is shit and you'll cause more holding penalties when the line doesn't sense the DL pulling the opposite direction all of the sudden.

To Foles credit, he would stand in that pocket as long as necessary to let the play develop.

That’s a great point. OL are taught HOW to block, how to sustain blocks, how long to sustain blocks, etc. If the QB is gonna get “happy feet” it’s going to cause problems.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was told I was full of shit from what has been discussed on the sports radio for the past several weeks or more. Glad your buddies mentioned that.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a great point. OL are taught HOW to block, how to sustain blocks, how long to sustain blocks, etc. If the QB is gonna get “happy feet” it’s going to cause problems.

“But but but, centers and guards aren’t important “

derp1

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably going back to Foles this week.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody else noticed how quiet certain posters have been this week?

:dhd:

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody else noticed how quiet certain posters have been this week?

:dhd:

lol

of course they are quiet. Eagles got bu fu'd on national TV, and the "certain posters" here are too weak and liberal to take their lumps.

It'll be the same way next week after Buffalo breaks one off in em.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

of course they are quiet. Eagles got bu fu'd on national TV, and the "certain posters" here are too weak and liberal to take their lumps.

It'll be the same way next week after Buffalo breaks one off in em.

I can only imagine how much chest thumping and shit talking would have occurred if the result had been different.

Compare that to the way the Cowboys fans have handled the win. Nearly a word out of them. To me, one shows a lot of insecurity’s while the other shows just the opposite

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine how much chest thumping and shit talking would have occurred if the result had been different.

Compare that to the way the Cowboys fans have handled the win. Nearly a word out of them. To me, one shows a lot of insecurity’s while the other shows just the opposite

We need a new Defensive Coordinator in Dallas..