• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't playing well, but the entire team played shitty last night. Pressure up the middle all night. Nobody open half the game.

How do you beat pressure? 7 step drops and 15+ yard patterns? Because that's how Pederson tried to beat pressure last night. It was pathetic.

No doubt the Eagles have more problems than Wentz but when you give a guy 100M he’s supposed to be part of the solution not part of the problem.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles was still on this team are people really gonna try and argue that he shouldn’t replace Wentz at this time?

I didn’t think so...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wentz is fixable.
He needs discipline though.
My understanding is he goes off the reservation to often instead of sticking to the game plan. Get him a QB coach or an OC that doesnt pander to him. make him learn instead of playing off of physical talent alone. Wentz might be his very own worst enemy. he had a coach he was successful with. Got it (his success) in his head. Then DC's adjusted & he lost that coach. But it was too late he was in his own head at that time. (& the head of PE1) So now doesnt necessarily listen to his coaches thinking he is better than he should think. I think he gets a couple new coaches that can rein him in. They might be able to draw out that potential of his. Until then. I think we just rinse & repeat. Glimpses here & there to keep everyone talking, but falling short.
What made Foles successful in eagleville. He stayed with the gameplan. he didnt think he was above it. it is not like he had better tools than Wentz. just understood how to play within the system. Some might say a better leader. he could get those around him to play for him.

So while I think Wentz is fixable. Potential & actual play are two different things.
If they want is actual play to get closer to his ceiling. I would think they will have to make some changes. He is set in his ways with the hierarchy he has now. While I dont know about switching HC's like some Philly fans are saying. I do think very least switch your QB coach & possibly the OC. (have no idea who either are) Point being the Eagles tied their future to Wentz. So he isnt going anywhere. So the eagles have to do what is best to make him better to succeed. Coaches will go before he does. That is pretty much a fact right now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all the posters who laughed at Dak > Wentz?

Who’s laughing now...

Bwhahaha.

That's why I said you can't close the book on this just a few years into their careers. Sure Wentz can improve and I think he will but Dak at the moment looks more consistent, stays healthy and gets his team into the playoffs. I like both QBs and still believe this will be a solid rivalry for the next 6-8 yrs.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said you can't close the book on this just a few years into their careers. Sure Wentz can improve and I think he will but Dak at the moment looks more consistent, stays healthy and gets his team into the playoffs. I like both QBs and still believe this will be a solid rivalry for the next 6-8 yrs.

IMO this won’t be a rivalry until Wentz beats Dak... just once. Till then it’s a joke.

Dak > Wentz

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this won’t be a rivalry until Wentz beats Dak... just once. Till then it’s a joke.

Dak > Wentz

No way Wentz can go 0-16 over the next 8 years, can he? Agreed. Dak over Wentz at this point.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long before they go to their new savior, Nate Sudfeld

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm one of the few people in the city it seems who doesn't think wentz is "elite." he has so many issues that place him middle of the pack among starters, possibly lower.. and all these fans do is make excuses for him. i knew his injury was going to take away from his running game, but i didn't think it would expose him so quickly to his numerous flaws.

just a couple of weeks ago some were saying they'd take him over mahomes. how do you even counter that? one of the dummies was trying to phrase it as mahomes just throws to open receivers, something anyone can do. and that wentz' options are so bad, he has to "work them open" himself. like.. :noidea:

i still catch so much shit for wanting to keep foles while trading wentz for someone like ramsey and multiple draft picks this past offseason so we could get younger. the roster is older than fucking dirt, and these clowns still think something as simple as jackson coming back from injury is going to save them. everyone but wentz gets blamed. no answers for why foles could lead these same players to the postseason multiple times. just drivel like "foles is hurt."

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm one of the few people in the city it seems who doesn't think wentz is "elite." he has so many issues that place him middle of the pack among starters, possibly lower.. and all these fans do is make excuses for him. i knew his injury was going to take away from his running game, but i didn't think it would expose him so quickly to his numerous flaws.

just a couple of weeks ago some were saying they'd take him over mahomes. how do you even counter that? one of the dummies was trying to phrase it as mahomes just throws to open receivers, something anyone can do. and that wentz' options are so bad, he has to "work them open" himself. like.. :noidea:

i still catch so much shit for wanting to keep foles while trading wentz for someone like ramsey and multiple draft picks this past offseason so we could get younger. the roster is older than fucking dirt, and these clowns still think something as simple as jackson coming back from injury is going to save them. everyone but wentz gets blamed. no answers for why foles could lead these same players to the postseason multiple times. just drivel like "foles is hurt."

This same guy wanted to bench Foles before he even had the chance to make Philly history.

You're a joke.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This same guy wanted to bench Foles before he even had the chance to make Philly history.

You're a joke.

remember when i defended wentz a few days after the superbowl saying it was crazy how many articles/comments were already being made about benching or trading him? and a bunch of scumbags, like yourself, basically told me to shut the fuck up? :rolleyes2:

philly class and intelligence defined.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have seen a few Eagles fans questioning Wentz on the hoop lately. Funny that if this were Cowboys Zone and Dak, certain people would frame it as all Eagles fans here are questioning Wentz...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when i defended wentz a few days after the superbowl saying it was crazy how many articles/comments were already being made about benching or trading him? and a bunch of scumbags, like yourself, basically told me to shut the fuck up? :rolleyes2:

philly class and intelligence defined.

because you were the one sparking the controversy. You motive was clear. Typical shit philly fan.

You should call WIP and list your trade proposals for Wentz like the other shitbirds.