• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's astonishing how dumb PE1 is. Truly remarkable. Oh, and he lies.

PE1 lies:

He’s won TOY
He’s wealthy enough to have retired early
His wife is a former model
His wife has a 7 figure IRA

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there in lies why when you add 4+1 you come up with 4.

That list has EVERYTHING to do with the topic at hand. Please stay on topic your derpness.

You keep trying to claim how kids who did very well academically in HS went to some of the top universities and not the military. This proves otherwise. Some of the hardest schools to get into are military academies.

Why do you love being wrong so much?

Because we aren’t talking about military academies. We are talking about kids going into the army for college money.
I have to stop because you don’t stay on topic and claim victory while being completely wrong. I say it’s better to go straight to University. You said kids can make 6 figures in the army. I asked where and you said people who join the military for career jobs. We aren’t talking about long term military careers and you jump up and down claiming victory. If you can stay on topic we can talk but you can’t. I know I know you slapped me around.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pilot

Doesn't it depend on the kid, their experiences, their goals and their desires? I think when we generalize and pretend there is a right and wrong way or portray that one way is "better" than the other is when we sometimes can sound foolish

Pilot isn’t what we are talking about. We are talking about short term military for college money.
Also, I just said if you are looking to get started on your career it’s better to start working and raking in money then using 4 years to get out of some debt.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's pretty impressive. Good for her

Same company for 29 years. Went from a smaller airline to a major international airline. But, as you know with your wifey, those freaking shoes!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t remember Eagle fans being down on Wentz. I do remember them being pissed at the D. We were losing games up 17-0 with less then 10 minutes left and losing. I am a Dak fan as opposed to you. I think he’s good but he just doesn’t have elite QB talents.

I do remember cause I listen to the sports radio. Taking too many hits, over throwing his targets not named Ertz's and the lack of offense in the first half. Yes, fans were down on Wentz. Not every fan is pro Wentz like yourself when he struggled. Wentz who I do like isn't elite until he proves he can stay healthy for multiple years and put up elite numbers. Not some 10 game stretch cause many QBs have done that.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you notice he is the only one who says going to college rather than the military is always a better career choice?

I did not say that at all. We are talking about not having student loan debt. Military careers can be great. You can make money and retire young BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say that at all. We are talking about not having student loan debt. Military careers can be great. You can make money and retire young BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

Goalpost moved again. Shocking

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember cause I listen to the sports radio. Taking too many hits, over throwing his targets not named Ertz's and the lack of offense in the first half. Yes, fans were down on Wentz. Not every fan is pro Wentz like yourself when he struggled. Wentz who I do like isn't elite until he proves he can stay healthy for multiple years and put up elite numbers. Not some 10 game stretch cause many QBs have done that.
2jhzg4.gif

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do. Doesn’t mean smart and talented kids don’t go too. But the kids who do well in HS and get accepted to top colleges choose college over University. Many kids who struggle in school who don’t have options go to the military. How many kids that get accepted to Duke, the Ivy League, Stanford, Berkeley, Michigan say.... nah... Fuck college I’m going to be a GI and see where that takes me. But there are plenty of smart kids that wind up in the military cause they want to serve. Many smart kids interested in Military but definitely I’ve seen the elite scholars choose University and a lot of struggling kids go to the military but that’s not
Every single one.

Whether you recognize it or not, you are an elitist.

The young men and women who make up our military are our nation's finest.

Tenured teachers making buck off these young peoples lives teach the majority of these kids to get a degree in sociology,
philosophy, or arts. (notice I did not capitalize.) they are more likely to be a tire salesman or janitor when the graduate then the 25% that goes right into a $60k job. (while they pay off college debt) The colleges and their cronies keep on making money!

"
To put those numbers into perspective, a 1988 graduate of Harvard University would have spent $17,100 on tuition during their senior year. Now, in their 50s, they’d have to pay $44,990 in tuition for their child to attend Harvard today.

That makes the current cost more than two-and-a-half times as much as it was in 1988 — a markup of 163 percent."

Plus room and board, food, transportation, etc.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goalpost moved again. Shocking

I didn’t move any fucking goal posts dumbass. We were talking about ONE topic. Is it better to go right to college and have debt or should you go to military for 4 years and get your college paid for.

You come in saying “PE1 said military careers aren’t good for anyone”. That’s complete bullshit and it was you who fucking moved the goalposts.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t move any fucking goal posts dumbass. We were talking about ONE topic. Is it better to go right to college and have debt or should you go to military for 4 years and get your college paid for.

You come in saying “PE1 said military careers aren’t good for anyone”. That’s complete bullshit and it was you who fucking moved the goalposts.

Liar

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you recognize it or not, you are an elitist.

The young men and women who make up our military are our nation's finest.

Tenured teachers making buck off these young peoples lives teach the majority of these kids to get a degree in sociology,
philosophy, or arts. (notice I did not capitalize.) they are more likely to be a tire salesman or janitor when the graduate then the 25% that goes right into a $60k job. (while they pay off college debt) The colleges and their cronies keep on making money!

"
To put those numbers into perspective, a 1988 graduate of Harvard University would have spent $17,100 on tuition during their senior year. Now, in their 50s, they’d have to pay $44,990 in tuition for their child to attend Harvard today.

That makes the current cost more than two-and-a-half times as much as it was in 1988 — a markup of 163 percent."

Plus room and board, food, transportation, etc.

Kids go to HS so teachers can tell them to get a degree in sociology or philosophy. Huuuuhhhhh? What the fuck are you talking about.

Next, Ive admitted I am a classist and it isn’t right. I just don’t understand working class whites like you but that’s because I haven’t spent time with your type in my life and don’t get your angle.

Yes Harvard is extremely expensive but that’s where our nations finest are.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s all right here on this thread. Tell me in this discussion where I said military careers are bad for everyone. They aren’t. We were talking about not having student loan from short term military service but all you can say is “Liar”

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting topic. I'm not taking sides because I just don't know the Military route. But you need to go beyond 8 years to make the College route better I would think.

College: First 4 years out of HS costs you $200K ($50K per year or maybe use $30K per year for cheaper or State School) for tuition, room and board. Where do you live in the Summer? Who pays for food/drinks not at the School during the School year or over the Summer. So up it to maybe $250K minimum in costs? First 4 years you make $200K but what is your rent? Food, clothing and incidentals? I'd say after your first 8 years out of HS you are WAY behind going to College. And how much of that $200K is really going towards anything but living expenses and the guy in the Military is getting free rent. So using an 8 year argument you are going to lose every time using an "average" salary. I'd say you need to go out a few more years to see the benefit of a College degree for the "average" College grad.

Military: i know nothing here. Let's say you make $20K per year for first 8 years after HS, but no rent, food and minimal clothing costs. At least you are in the black here as compared to going to College. Then you can go to College and get it paid for and still get all the perks and maybe end up with a pension? Short run this seems the better route. Long term I'm not sure how much you can make in the Military and if you leave you delayed your non-Military income because when you get that first non-Military job you are starting near the "bottom" while the College grad may be in the Company for 4+ years and have already moved up so you are always 4 years behind in salary (assuming similar career path)

Been a long time since I've been in College and I've never been in the Military so all of the above could be wrong. Was just trying to put my thoughts on a comparison into a post. Feel free to correct if someone knows more.

The average military Engineer I have worked with has been in 3 years and makes $70k +,
Most of those who plan to stay in, will work on their masters while in the service.

The typical US Navy US Navy LTJG salary is $78,356. US Navy LTJG salaries at US Navy can range from $73,450 - $89,324. This estimate is based upon 4 US Navy US Navy LTJG salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods. When factoring in bonuses and additional compensation, a US Navy LTJG at US Navy can expect to make an average total pay of $78,356 . See all US Navy LTJG salaries to learn how this stacks up in the market.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/US-Navy-US-Navy-LTJG-Salaries-E41451_D_KO8,20.htm

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all right here on this thread. Tell me in this discussion where I said military careers are bad for everyone. They aren’t. We were talking about not having student loan from short term military service but all you can say is “Liar”

You said it’s ALWAYS better to go to college rather than the military. It isn’t.

You’re not a classist. You’re an elitist.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids go to HS so teachers can tell them to get a degree in sociology or philosophy. Huuuuhhhhh? What the fuck are you talking about.

Next, Ive admitted I am a classist and it isn’t right. I just don’t understand working class whites like you but that’s because I haven’t spent time with your type in my life and don’t get your angle.

Yes Harvard is extremely expensive but that’s where our nations finest are.

I am a successful businessman. I am currently holding a white-collar job but I am exposed to a lot of contractors, the "working class types" you so easily denigrate. You have confirmed it for me. Here in Japan, a man who works is respected. Back in the US, College teachers have taught students to disrespect the "working class type"
I don't agree with you. You are not a "classist" You are an elitist, classless, buffoon. Enjoy your wife's retirement.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a successful businessman. I am currently holding a white-collar job but I am exposed to a lot of contractors, the "working class types" you so easily denigrate. You have confirmed it for me. Here in Japan, a man who works is respected. Back in the US, College teachers have taught students to disrespect the "working class type"
I don't agree with you. You are not a "classist" You are an elitist, classless, buffoon. Enjoy your wife's retirement.

He sponges money off the people that actually EARNED it