• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah... Peter still balls. He just gets hurt every other game.
Well, if Peters plays for a couple more years and Philly doesn't move this kid to Guard then I take back my thoughts that it was a great pick by Philly. Still like the kid and the pick, but not rotting on the bench for a few years and not just as a swing tackle for when Peters is hurt.
Maybe another Lane Johnson suspension is in the works that we don't know about? :scratch:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you can't predict the future, but I wonder if Philly would have been better off with not trading for and paying D Jax and taking Marquise Brown instead of Dillard. Then they have the option of trading Agholar too. With possibly Agholar off the books (could wait t osee if Brown is good or just not resign Agholar after this year) and more importantly not paying D Jax they would have a lot more cap space to work with, fit Wentz in, make another move perhaps and have a 1st round pick that will contribute this year. I like Jeffery, but he has a injury history and who knows how much longer he is a #1 type WR. This all assumes they even liked Brown of course...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you can't predict the future, but I wonder if Philly would have been better off with not trading for and paying D Jax and taking Marquise Brown instead of Dillard. Then they have the option of trading Agholar too. With possibly Agholar off the books (could wait t osee if Brown is good or just not resign Agholar after this year) and more importantly not paying D Jax they would have a lot more cap space to work with, fit Wentz in, make another move perhaps and have a 1st round pick that will contribute this year. I like Jeffery, but he has a injury history and who knows how much longer he is a #1 type WR. This all assumes they even liked Brown of course...

Brown could have been a smoke screen.
They could go Safety/CB and a skill position in the 2nd round.
If they trade Agholor, they would have to absorb some of that money, maybe bring in a player that underperformed their contract? NE needs receivers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown could have been a smoke screen.
They could go Safety/CB and a skill position in the 2nd round.
If they trade Agholor, they would have to absorb some of that money, maybe bring in a player that underperformed their contract? NE needs receivers.
OK, I'm sure you are right. I didn't look at Agholar's contract, was more thinking you keep him this year anyway if you don't have D Jax because you want to give a rookie time and then don't resign him next year. To be clear I do like this Tackle and they didn't give up a ton to move up. Just wondering if he doesn't play for a couple of years if it was the best choice.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'm sure you are right. I didn't look at Agholar's contract, was more thinking you keep him this year anyway if you don't have D Jax because you want to give a rookie time and then don't resign him next year. To be clear I do like this Tackle and they didn't give up a ton to move up. Just wondering if he doesn't play for a couple of years if it was the best choice.

Peters running on fumes brother

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Peters plays for a couple more years and Philly doesn't move this kid to Guard then I take back my thoughts that it was a great pick by Philly. Still like the kid and the pick, but not rotting on the bench for a few years and not just as a swing tackle for when Peters is hurt.
Maybe another Lane Johnson suspension is in the works that we don't know about? :scratch:

I don’t think Peters has a couple more years in him. Honestly, I think 2019 is it.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton Thorsen ... must be another generational talent.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton Thorson gonna force Wentz to the bench

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phenomenal.

If you have a generational talent who is phenomenal as your QB AND a highly touted young back up who you tendered a pretty high contract why draft a QB?

Let the spin... begin!

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad Clayton Thorson went some where he can play right away when Wentz gets injured.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad Clayton Thorson went some where he can play right away when Wentz gets injured.

It’s actually perfect... give him a few weeks to learn the system then step right in.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long until Clayton Thorson replaces Wince?
This should've been it's own thread.
Imagine the possibilities starting the day after the draft. The thread may have gone viral.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah... I didn’t get the possession receiver pick in round two. Offense has too many big guys and not enough speed.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know jokes only work once. Do you really think people are going to keep laughing at the same joke over and over...

400 plus pages suggests ... YES!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a generational talent who is phenomenal as your QB AND a highly touted young back up who you tendered a pretty high contract why draft a QB?

Let the spin... begin!

A highly touted pick in the 5th round. That’s a good one. Finally something original to laugh at.