• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just caught up on the thread and I now see Wentz is now a phenomenal superstar who's going to dominate this league for years to come with his legendary toughness.

The legacy continues

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just caught up on the thread and I now see Wentz is now a phenomenal superstar who's going to dominate this league for years to come with his legendary toughness.

The legacy continues

Actually, it’s the legacy GROWS.

Impressive given that he isn’t even playing.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see @PhoenixEagles1 give me a bullshit rating for my post where I explained the Eagles wouldn’t keep both Foles and Wentz.

I seem to recall him saying for months that the eagles would let Foles go at the end of the year. I guess I’m a troll now for agreeing with his previous position.

Hahaha

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see @PhoenixEagles1 give me a bullshit rating for my post where I explained the Eagles wouldn’t keep both Foles and Wentz.

I seem to recall him saying for months that the eagles would let Foles go at the end of the year. I guess I’m a troll now for agreeing with his previous position.

Hahaha
As much as I'd like to see the Eagles keep both QB's, I think we know that's impossible. Having said that, there's no way the Eagles are going to pay Foles 20M to hold a clipboard. I have no fucking idea what they're going to do. Foles has morphed into a dangerous playoff QB. Wentz hasn't been healthy enough to smell a playoff game. Wentz is 26 and Foles is 29. If you're fixated on Foles two failed attempts at being a starting QB, you go with Wentz and pray he's not a china doll. If you shake that off and see a QB who is now performing at an elite level, you go with Foles and trade Wentz for a barrel of goodies. No matter what, it's a fucking tough call and Philly fans get pissed off easily when bad decisions are made.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:mad2:
Yup, I have become well aware of the bolded (both through personal experience as well as what I picked up from my family). One thing, IMHO, that I think you are well aware of, that can also be a problem is that athletes (subconsciously) adopt different biomechanics (technique) as a result of an injury which may lead to further problems. Something which might have a bigger impact on top athletes. I know of a few in various sports (track and field, skating, soccer, even cycling) who basically spent months or even a season to get their biomechanics/technique back in order. Some were never able to fix it, and IIRC there was one - as a result of having changed his biomechanics in order to deal with an injury - had to end his career.

I am no QB guru, but there have been alleged expert members (scouting type people) of the media who have stated that Wentz' mechanics seemed 'off', compared to last season. Some of that might be related (subconsciously) to his injury.

Occupational therapy is an interesting job indeed. And extremely interesting in sports. I have to say, a good occupational therapist is worth his/her weight in gold.
Wellthank yah! And yes to me wentz seemed off but that could be a million things

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know what else is hilarious. @PhoenixEagles1 says “Foles is not a starting QB. He can’t play a full 16 game schedule.” :eek:

Ahem... how many seasons has Wentz completed in his career? :pound:

Can’t make this shit up!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just have to be stupid don’t you.
Look moron, the brittle bitch was barely touched in his final game. If he was healthy enough pre that game he's healthy enough post that game. The Eagles knew their backs were against the wall and had to get Wentz out of the equation.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look moron, the brittle bitch was barely touched in his final game. If he was healthy enough pre that game he's healthy enough post that game. The Eagles knew their backs were against the wall and had to get Wentz out of the equation.

Oh so no one else is saying this but you have some inside info that all the writers in Philly couldn’t pick up and would absolutely crucify the Eagles if it were true. Once Wentz starts game one next year you’ll realize how stupid you were... or you’re just trolling now. If there was even the tiniest possibility this was true it would be headline news but you’re just desperate to find a way to criticize the Super Bowl champs.
And don’t you think Philly in such a crucial game would have Wentz in uniform and not risk having Nate Sudfeld playing in a playoff game if Foles got hurt?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just have to be stupid don’t you.
Answering the biggest questions on Carson Wentz's back injury

January 9, 2019 11:38 am
Eagles' Carson Wentz: Awaiting clearance from doctors
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Coach Doug Pederson said Wednesday that Wentz (back) is "still getting better" and noted that the team is waiting for the quarterback to gain clearance from doctors before bringing him back as a practice participant, Daniel Gallen of The Harrisburg Patriot-News reports.

Pederson suggested earlier in the week that Wentz would remain sidelined for the Eagles' divisional-round matchup Sunday against the Saints and tabbed Nick Foles as the starting quarterback and Nate Sudfeld as the backup. However, when addressing Wentz's situation Wednesday, Pederson said that Wentz could be active as a third quarterback, according to Eliot Shorr-Parks of Sports Radio 94 WIP Philadelphia. That's a rather unlikely outcome in the event Wentz is unable to practice beforehand, something that doesn't sound like he'll be able to do at any point Wednesday through Friday. Even if Wentz progresses to the point of being able to play in the NFC championship game or Super Bowl, the Eagles would probably stick with Foles, who has played well while guiding the team to four straight victories.

Share: Twitter Facebook
January 8, 2019 10:38 am
Eagles' Carson Wentz: Not available for divisional round
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Coach Doug Pederson confirmed Monday that Wentz (back) would remain out of the Eagles' divisional-round matchup with the Saints this weekend, Zach Berman of The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Pederson noted that Wentz is "still getting healthy" while recovering from a fractured back, paving the way for Nick Foles to make a fifth straight start under center Sunday while Nate Sudfeld works as the No. 2 quarterback. The Eagles have thus far resisted moving Wentz to injured reserve, though all indications are that he won't be available at any point during the Eagles' playoff run

makes no sense