• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard some stat during the game.

Last year, Wentz ran for 26 first downs.

This year, he has run for only 8 first downs.

Tell me again that he’s all the way back. Fact is, he isn’t the same player. The fear of him scrambling for a first down just isn’t there this year.

Most every Dr said it takes a year to fully heal so it was to be expected.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you been spewing lately is look at the Phenoms rating :blah: :blah: :blah:
then
you claim Dak is to weak to throw it deep
I give you a stat showing he is 3rd best rating the last two years & you deflect from that fact.
Did I spell it out for you well enough :thumb:

I didn’t deflect from anything. It’s common knowledge Dak is inaccurate. You know that. I know that. Every Cowboy fan knows he’s limited. Come on. You trying to act like Dak is known for his arm. Jesus. Not one Cowboy has a flaw. Not one Eagle is good. And I brought ups Wentzs qbr once and that was today. Far from spewing.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most every Dr said it takes a year to fully heal so it was to be expected.
its typically 6-9 months, i had said that many times

ACL Surgery Recovery Timeline | UPMC HealthBeat

Surgery usually does not occur immediately after the injury but may be delayed three to four weeks or more. This time is used to allow for the initial swelling and bleeding from the injury to decrease and to plan for the operation.

Physical therapists are an important part of the treatment team and are usually involved in the planning phase before surgery and after surgery. Recovery is measured in months, and often rehabilitation and physical therapy are required after the ACL reconstruction. This commitment to rehabilitation is an essential part of a successful operation. In the time prior to surgery, many patients are encouraged to "pre-hab" their injured leg. When the knee is injured, the quadriceps muscle tends to weaken almost immediately, and it is important to minimize any loss in strength and range of motion in the knee.

Rehabilitation may take six to nine months to return to full activity:

• In the first two to three weeks, the goal for physical therapy is to increase range of motion of the knee in a controlled fashion. Since the cruciate ligament graft needs time to heal in place, excessive flexing or bending is discouraged so that the graft doesn't rip. The goal in the first couple of weeks is full extension (straightening) of the knee and 90 degrees flexion (bending).
  • In weeks three to six, the goal is to return full range of motion to the knee. Strengthening exercises may be considered and bicycles or stair-climbers are often used.
  • For the next many months, the goal is to increase strength and agility while maintaining range of motion. The progress is closely monitored by the surgeon and physical therapist, again to protect the reconstructed knee and to push the patient to the goal of full recovery.
The patient is often kept in a protective knee brace through much of the rehabilitation process to protect the grafted ACL from any undue stress. The brace use may be continued even after the ACL has healed, especially during sporting activities to decrease the risk of reinjury.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard some stat during the game.

Last year, Wentz ran for 26 first downs.

This year, he has run for only 8 first downs.

Tell me again that he’s all the way back. Fact is, he isn’t the same player. The fear of him scrambling for a first down just isn’t there this year.

He's not. I've said it multiple times.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its typically 6-9 months, i had said that many times

ACL Surgery Recovery Timeline | UPMC HealthBeat

Surgery usually does not occur immediately after the injury but may be delayed three to four weeks or more. This time is used to allow for the initial swelling and bleeding from the injury to decrease and to plan for the operation.

Physical therapists are an important part of the treatment team and are usually involved in the planning phase before surgery and after surgery. Recovery is measured in months, and often rehabilitation and physical therapy are required after the ACL reconstruction. This commitment to rehabilitation is an essential part of a successful operation. In the time prior to surgery, many patients are encouraged to "pre-hab" their injured leg. When the knee is injured, the quadriceps muscle tends to weaken almost immediately, and it is important to minimize any loss in strength and range of motion in the knee.

Rehabilitation may take six to nine months to return to full activity:

• In the first two to three weeks, the goal for physical therapy is to increase range of motion of the knee in a controlled fashion. Since the cruciate ligament graft needs time to heal in place, excessive flexing or bending is discouraged so that the graft doesn't rip. The goal in the first couple of weeks is full extension (straightening) of the knee and 90 degrees flexion (bending).
  • In weeks three to six, the goal is to return full range of motion to the knee. Strengthening exercises may be considered and bicycles or stair-climbers are often used.
  • For the next many months, the goal is to increase strength and agility while maintaining range of motion. The progress is closely monitored by the surgeon and physical therapist, again to protect the reconstructed knee and to push the patient to the goal of full recovery.
The patient is often kept in a protective knee brace through much of the rehabilitation process to protect the grafted ACL from any undue stress. The brace use may be continued even after the ACL has healed, especially during sporting activities to decrease the risk of reinjury.

Weren’t you the one who said they brought him back too early? Maybe it was someone else but the Philly papers were reporting it takes a year to recover from his injury fully. He tore his MCL too. Does that add to the recovery time? I have no idea. You’d know better then me.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t deflect from anything. It’s common knowledge Dak is inaccurate. You know that. I know that. Every Cowboy fan knows he’s limited. Come on. You trying to act like Dak is known for his arm. Jesus. Not one Cowboy has a flaw. Not one Eagle is good. And I brought ups Wentzs qbr once and that was today. Far from spewing.
Again I am not saying he is known for his arm. I am saying he doesnt have a noodle arm.
You can be inaccurate without having a noodle arm.
He is got to get back to fundamentals. Which has nothing to do with his arm strength.

& yes. You are a spewing Mother :censored:er

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren’t you the one who said they brought him back too early? Maybe it was someone else but the Philly papers were reporting it takes a year to recover from his injury fully. He tore his MCL too. Does that add to the recovery time? I have no idea. You’d know better then me.
yeah i did say that, i should of clarified....6 monts is for sedentary light activity people........the 8=9 months is for active people. athletes are in the 8-12 month ranged.......it can be done in 9 howevere. You generally see some ill effects from it that early......its structurally sound, but the ability to plant, drive, cut etc are off, then the inflammation and shit

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams is just what they needed: a bigger back with some long speed once he gets through the hole. Philly still has a heartbeat, much to the chagrin of the haters on this forum. I don't think they are going anywhere, really, but the NFC East is trash and they still have a puncher's chance of winning it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not saying this is him. But not everyone comes back 100%. modern medicine is great, but it happens more tahn people wanna admit

If he looks like this next season, I'll get concerned. He doesnt look the same in the pocket. That's the biggest issue. He probably made our o-line look better than what it was because of his pocket awareness and scrambling.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I am not saying he is known for his arm. I am saying he doesnt have a noodle arm.
You can be inaccurate without having a noodle arm.
He is got to get back to fundamentals. Which has nothing to do with his arm strength.

& yes. You are a spewing Mother :censored:er

So saying it once is spewing.
Now you are playing games. No one said he had a noodle arm. I was saying he doesn’t have arm talent which is accuracy. He is not accurate enough to be a down field passer. That’s why he dink’s and dunks and relegated to short passing.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So saying it once is spewing.
Now you are playing games. No one said he had a noodle arm. I was saying he doesn’t have arm talent which is accuracy. He is not accurate enough to be a down field passer. That’s why he dink’s and dunks and relegated to short passing.
he doesnt? but he has the 3rd best rating deep. Is that one of your points for the phenom?

Weird.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not saying this is him. But not everyone comes back 100%. modern medicine is great, but it happens more tahn people wanna admit

Well he definitely isn’t running like last year. I don’t know if it’s because of healing time or trying not to get reinjured.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all due respect, at least give @PhoenixEagles1 credit, dude is here regardless, @BPNAZ runs and hides then comes out of the cut,
Last year, Wentz was surrounded with championship caliber talent. Of course his numbers went up. Now, he doesn’t have that same talent and he’s just not the same since the injury. Hence the slow starts, settling for FGs instead of TDS, failure on third downs, etc.

The passer rating is very deceptive. The numbers are artificially high because the overwhelming number of his passes are simple dump offs despite having quality downfield receivers.

Just wait till next year:dhd:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird. I guess we are both wrong. He is a phenomenal down field passer.
I think you use that word to often.
I do think he is adequate. Once we get some receivers capable of going deep. probably see it a little more. until the gets going (I do think Cooper will be yarding a couple people) I am fine with his dink & dunks so he isnt getting slammed to the ground waiting for the deep pass to develop. That is how turnovers happen. Oh wait you are a Wentz fan. You should already know this.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Wentz was surrounded with championship caliber talent. Of course his numbers went up. Now, he doesn’t have that same talent and he’s just not the same since the injury. Hence the slow starts, settling for FGs instead of TDS, failure on third downs, etc.

The passer rating is very deceptive. The numbers are artificially high because the overwhelming number of his passes are simple dump offs despite having quality downfield receivers.

He doesn’t have any downfield receivers??? We lost last years field stretcher and lost our downfield guy week one. Who is this downfield guy you’re talking about?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s playing fine THIS year.

My comment dealt with the lack of talent which will be even less next season.:dhd:

But enjoy.

I am kind of curious you mentioned somewhere that there may be 5-10 rookies in the ROY running. So kindly remind us how Philly is going to replace all their talent again? Or do I have to wait for the Howie cliff notes?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you use that word to often.
I do think he is adequate. Once we get some receivers capable of going deep. probably see it a little more. until the gets going (I do think Cooper will be yarding a couple people) I am fine with his dink & dunks so he isnt getting slammed to the ground waiting for the deep pass to develop. That is how turnovers happen. Oh wait you are a Wentz fan. You should already know this.

Seems to me like there’s a lot of good down the field teams in the league... like every good team.