• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How does everyone feel about Manziel now, after this week?

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else here think like Merrill Hoge that he's a 6th round talent with lots of hype like Tebow. I think so.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put it like someone said on the radio the other night.

Johnny Manziel has a chance to be a good NFL quarterback.

Johnny Football doesn't.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say since it's early, but I still believe that a QB in the NFL has to be able to be a good pocket passer if they want to last in the league. One thing though, JF had better learn quick not to float passes down the middle of the field to avoid a sack.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive said from day one he wont be any better then Tim Tebow. Out of the league within 4-5 years and sticking with it. Just saying.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally never thought he had much of a chance and he hasn't really displayed any type of maturity or work ethic that he'll need to overcome all his shortcomings and become a serviceable QB in the NFL let alone good. You can't really judge based on one game, but that one game didn't do anything to show he's any more prepared to be a good qb or have the mental make up to become one than when he was a kid getting by with some junk moves against lesser athletes in college. His floating passes, inability to read a defense or fit balls in tight windows based on timing isn't going to help him. 300lb'ers run as fast as the DB's you were used to facing, things are different.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing him up against the Bengals in a must win game was dumb

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting the feeling he doesn't have the work ethic to become a good quarterback in the league. With all of the off of the field stuff it seems like he's more concerned about having fun than being a pro quarterback.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing him up against the Bengals in a must win game was dumb

may have been, may not, we'll find out. To me, he seems like someone that thinks he has it all anyway. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he walks around that lockerroom like he's going to be the savior and all he needs is to be put on the field. I doubt he's putting in the time in the film room or in his playbook. I think, he thinks, he's already ready.

Maybe this was calculated to knock him back to reality, to show him just how unprepared he is to even belong on the field, because it was pretty apparent he was way out of his league. Sometimes a big blow to the ego is the only thing that will inspire a guy like Manziel to work hard, or maybe not, but giving him time to sit and think he's already got it and just doesn't get a chance doesn't help. it only gives him more excuses.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what he gets for hanging out with Justin Bieber.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the game plan around him stunk.

They need to create moving pockets for him to excel until he becomes more comfortable passing out of the pocket. Why they allowed the Bengals to basically dictate where JFF was going to throw the ball from (in the pocket) was a shock. I thought they would move him around, and use his legs more.

If you are not going to make a play to play to his strengths from college...then why did they draft him? I saw a rumor that (and this is just that, a rumor) Petine wanted nothing to do with JFF and it was Haslem who forced the pick. If that's the case, it's not good news for anyone involved.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't say I hate the kid, but if he doesn't lose his attitude fast he's never going to succeed in the League. I hope this was a wake up call and he drops the whole "I'm the best that ever was" persona.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
He has gone from everything coming relatively easy to him (including fame and fortune) to having to bust his ass just to keep his head above water. He does not yet possess that bust your ass skill set.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else here think like Merrill Hoge that he's a 6th round talent with lots of hype like Tebow. I think so.

What Hoge should have said was...Johnny Finger: 1st round hype, 8th round talent.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as before...he will be a 1 contract player in CLE.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are not going to make a play to play to his strengths from college...then why did they draft him? I saw a rumor that (and this is just that, a rumor) Petine wanted nothing to do with JFF and it was Haslem who forced the pick. If that's the case, it's not good news for anyone involved.

This would not surprise me. I think the Browns could have went in another direction with that pick that would help the team now.

The problem I see with the JFF's, RG3's, and Kaeps is that they have not had to develop intangibles. They have been dominant in their games without getting better in the head area. Now, they come to the NFL, where D-linemen are nearly as fast and agile as they are and their physical abilities are not leaps and bounds above the rest of the NFL.

If you look at Russell Wilson, he has tweaked his game to rely more on the pass and not making mistakes than trying to outrun people and chuck it up, hoping for the best.

I guess it comes down to recognizing limitations and making good decisions. Something JFF needs to prove.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting the feeling he doesn't have the work ethic to become a good quarterback in the league. With all of the off of the field stuff it seems like he's more concerned about having fun than being a pro quarterback.

:agree: 100% He is more concerned with Snickers commercials and partying with Beiber than he is with actually learning the playbook and becoming a good QB.

He was all hype imo to begin with (yes it's early) but it certainly has shown.

Now how do all those folks calling for Hoyer's Head feel right about now?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can all make some guesses about what a 5-year-old will be like when they're 25, but we're likely to be mostly wrong. The same applies here. We will know more by the end of the season, and a lot more after the first couple of games of next season. Presumably he gets the pre-season practice reps, and they don't have to go with the Pop Warner game plan they used vs. the Bengals.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except he's closer to 25 than 5. hard to tell I know by the way he acts, but his physical age is really closer to 25.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feel the same as I did before that game. He's a rookie. Unless/until he pulls his head out of his ass and stops the johnny football BS he's going to be nothing more than a hack. Can he be an NFL starter? I'm wouldn't bet he will, but it isn't impossible.