• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Do You Feel About the Current State of CFB

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What people don’t seem to get about the likeness conversation is it’s going to cause an absolute shit show situation regarding title IX and if you think for one second title IX won’t have their noses in it, you’re sorely mistaken.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious on how everyone is feeling about the current state of CFB with all that's going down.

• We have California trying to push a national agenda to allow players to get paid for their own likeness.
  • The NFL is currently declining due to horrible new rules and refs being flag happy.
  • NCAA rules are becoming more unclear and causing lots of irrelevant flags.
  • University Of Texas crying about Horns Down symbol.
  • A lot of games feeling a lot more lopsided than usual
  • Anything else you think would apply here
**EDIT for formatting

1. cali law is BS. bad idea.
2. nfl has gotten worse through the years. yes, too many flags. ticket prices are ridiculous. Fuck them.
3. CFB rules are getting ridiculous and yes, too many flags.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. cali law is BS. bad idea.
2. nfl has gotten worse through the years. yes, too many flags. ticket prices are ridiculous. Fuck them.
3. CFB rules are getting ridiculous and yes, too many flags.
I do agree the flags and new rules (or newer interpretations of rules) has become an issue for the NFL.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's your opinion OK. But you also prefer lesser athletes and a system where the best we can do is guess what a team must do to make the playoffs?

Also, college ball has better fans.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own.....hope the NFL powers that be don't decide to allow the same % of teams to their playoff and decide who that one team would be by vote.

Ok, cool
Hook em

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own.....hope the NFL powers that be don't decide to allow the same % of teams to their playoff and decide who that one team would be by vote.

:csb:

If there were 128 teams in the NFL you might have a point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:csb:

If there were 128 teams in the NFL you might have a point.
that is the point. 128 teams and only 4 make playoffs. If the NFL wanted to do the same they'd just have a dozen or so guys vote on the champ at end of regular season.

compelling.

Isn't to say I don't love CFB. I do.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No parity. You can pretty much pick who will be the champ out of the same 5 or so teams at the beginning of every season.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also.....And I’m saying this an Alabama fan who loves it.....But I think Bama/Clemson dominance has kinda ruined the fun for a lot of fans.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is the point. 128 teams and only 4 make playoffs. If the NFL wanted to do the same they'd just have a dozen or so guys vote on the champ at end of regular season.

compelling.

Isn't to say I don't love CFB. I do.

The over simplification in this argument is exhausting.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the transfer portal. It's even worse than free agency. What's next? Somebody gets feed up that their team is losing at halftime and transfers to the opponent before the start of the 2nd half?

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also.....And I’m saying this an Alabama fan who loves it.....But I think Bama/Clemson dominance has kinda ruined the fun for a lot of fans.

I can see how some would feel that way, however i see it as a challenge to get after. Of course OU has been 2 mediocre defense's away from possibly having back to back championship teams, but our defense killed every hope we had for that...maybe this year? :noidea:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO college football is about to get a big ol slice of humble pie in the coming years.

It has become a whore to the money and is getting too far away from what made it great and will ultimately be its demise similar to NASCAR, the NFL and MLB. I think the fans/people see it, understand it and are now starting to slowly find something else to entertain themselves with.

It cashed in with the recent round of TV contracts and realignment ect. But cut its own throat in the process.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the new extra teams in FBS have bloated the OOC schedules to be crap. Plus, all of the games vs. FCS teams are just wrong and should not count in the standings, record books, etc. It was much, much better not too long ago. There is no schedule shaming in this era.

For example, the 1980 Georgia Bulldogs won the National Championship with OOC games vs. Texas A&M (SWC), Clemson (ACC), TCU (SWC), South Carolina (Independent) and Georgia Tech (Independent). That was considered a "light" OOC schedule in that era!

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the new extra teams in FBS have bloated the OOC schedules to be crap. Plus, all of the games vs. FCS teams are just wrong and should not count in the standings, record books, etc. It was much, much better not too long ago. There is no schedule shaming in this era.

For example, the 1980 Georgia Bulldogs won the National Championship with OOC games vs. Texas A&M (SWC), Clemson (ACC), TCU (SWC), South Carolina (Independent) and Georgia Tech (Independent). That was considered a "light" OOC schedule in that era!

I wholesomely agree with this. I'm really tired of seeing shit games the first 3-4 weeks. We get a few games here and there before that but all the real stuff really doesnt even start till the 5th week. Some teams will get upset during those games which is always fun to watch but there is entirely to many shit games with FCS teams with all the power 5 teams that could just play each other.

This is just my opinion, its subject to critique
  • No FCS vs P5 Matchups, only G5 vs FCS matchups
  • No P5 vs G5 or G5 vs FCS games in the middle of the season, all of those must be played in the first 2 weeks.
  • No More than 1 P5 vs G5 OOC game per team.
  • No more than 3 OOC games, play your conference teams to prove your the best...(looking at you SEC)
  • All conference's must have a conference championship game(Looking at you Big 12, Even that shit out so 2 teams don't play twice)
  • Expand playoff to 6 teams. Top 2 get first round bye. All P5 Conference Champs get in with 1 at large (can be G5 or second P5 conference team)
  • Remove all Conference ties with Bowl Games, match ups must be ranked teams next to each other (7v8, 9v10..ect)
  • Remove irrelevant bowl games, (either go back to requiring 7 wins or bump up to 8 wins with 1 at large if you dont have enough 8 win teams)
  • Im sure there is more that would help but cant think of any at this second

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
State of CFB?

They've pussified it beyond belief, created rules that aren't consistently enforceable or they aren't paying people enough to keep good refs. it's as corrupt as ever.

And there still isn't anything else I would rather do on any given Saturday.

So it still isn't ruined yet.