• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did we look?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll watch the game tomorrow night when it's on NFL Network. I don't care that we sucked in the 4th Qtr. how did the guys that matter look?

I know we still have a lot of guys out on defense and others just made it back. How did Hitchens look? I saw Patmon filled the stat sheet. Any pass rush at all? I saw 3 sacks against Free twice and Bernardeau once. I'm still very worried about Free after the way he finished the year poorly last year after a very good start. Did he look OK?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll watch the game tomorrow night when it's on NFL Network. I don't care that we sucked in the 4th Qtr. how did the guys that matter look?

I know we still have a lot of guys out on defense and others just made it back. How did Hitchens look? I saw Patmon filled the stat sheet. Any pass rush at all? I saw 3 sacks against Free twice and Bernardeau once. I'm still very worried about Free after the way he finished the year poorly last year after a very good start. Did he look OK?
My observations:

1. Our defense is awful. 500 yards given up to the Dolphins. 3 turnovers allowed us to even stay in the game.
2. Free still stinks and can't handle above average pass rushers. Wake ate his lunch.
3. Romo needed this game so he realizes he can't hold the ball too long against good defenses and pass rushes.
4. Dez is in beast mode but Witten looks a step slow.
5. Bailey rules.
6. Our defense is awful. Lucky to have created turnovers.
7. Durant is a liability against the run and the pass. He was gashed and could not get off blocks or cover out of the backfield.
8. Carter probably looked the best out of our defensive starters.
9. Vaughn stinks and showed it is not worth keeping 3 QBs. Practice squad is the best one can hope for him.
10. Bailey is awesome and our special teams unit looked better outside of a bonehead penalty by Crawford.
11. Still and undisciplined team that can's get out of their own way. Bad penalties. Dixon will be cut or left for the practice squad.
12. Did I say that our defense sucks? Melton, Spencer and Claiborne will need to play at a high level for the Cowboys to win more than 4 games this year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake dominated Free for the most part. Leary and Berdenueax???? would play 2 series and alternate. Neither looked to good. The first offense had 5 possessions. The first one ended with a dropped pass by Beasley that would have went for a 1st down. The second possession ended in a sack forcing a FG . We then had a terrible 3 and out. Then we had a possession in which Tyron got called for holding that put us back. The drive before half was w/o Dez. Moved inside the 10 and looked good finally until a penalty on Berdaneaux maybe.

I thought Dez looked really good. The Oline had a bad night. Murray- ok . Romo - sacked 3 times- one he held the ball too long, the other 2 really no chance. He threw it pretty well. Nothing long.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a good bit of the first half. Don't have much to say about individuals except Dez really stood out. The offensive line didn't impress, they weren't terrible either, pretty so-so I thought. Romo isn't 100% yet. The offense in the first half looked very similar to years past (very small sample, I know). There was very little concerted effort to run the ball in the first half. And when Romo was in the game, it was very much a dink and dunk offense, not much down the field that I recall.

Edit: Tyrone Crawford looked pretty quick to me. I was pretty happy to see him display some explosiveness.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively- very thankful for turnovers. Still we win t/o battle 3-0 and have a two score lead with 8 min. to go and lose.

DLine- No pressure at all. I think one had a sack on a busted play- Mincey maybe. 60- Coleman shows up though- he made some plays.

Wilber gave up a huge run to the outside one time /. McClain- average / Hitchens - scrappy- overran a play or 2./ Carter- had some big plays / Durant- as good as he looks in practice supposedly didnt show up in the game

Secondary- Wilcox- looks really good Scandrick had a tough penalty called on him but played well/ Carr made a big tackle.

Bad night for B webb- he didnt play and that allowed 35 to shine.

Special teams looked really good for the most part- we blocked a punt that we should have taken over inside the 5 but they threw a flag that was debateable. Harris had some really nice returns .

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 98 made some plays on the DLine. 98 and 60 . Selvie got hurt.

Not sure where Jakar Hamilton or Webb was tonight .

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a good bit of the first half. Don't have much to say about individuals except Dez really stood out. The offensive line didn't impress, they weren't terrible either, pretty so-so I thought. Romo isn't 100% yet. The offense in the first half looked very similar to years past (very small sample, I know). There was very little concerted effort to run the ball in the first half. And when Romo was in the game, it was very much a dink and dunk offense, not much down the field that I recall.

Edit: Tyrone Crawford looked pretty quick to me. I was pretty happy to see him display some explosiveness.

I actually thought they tried to run the ball and it kept them in a stall it seemed. Basically the first team couldnt get out of its own way. I see where Beasley is listed for a run for 7 yards . I dont think that happened unless they called that quick pass a lateral. As far as going down field, from listening to the radio shows earlier in the week- they wanted to get Witten and Williams involved. That didnt happen. A lot of times Romo dropped and went straight to Dez.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo took a solid shot to his back and got right back up.

Nothing else matters in a preseason game.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought they tried to run the ball and it kept them in a stall it seemed. Basically the first team couldnt get out of its own way. I see where Beasley is listed for a run for 7 yards . I dont think that happened unless they called that quick pass a lateral. As far as going down field, from listening to the radio shows earlier in the week- they wanted to get Witten and Williams involved. That didnt happen. A lot of times Romo dropped and went straight to Dez.

The run/pass ratio in the first half (with both first teams on the field) was 18p/10r. Maybe them running it poorly dictated Dallas throwing it more, but I don't recall seeing them run it on consecutive plays once in the first half. So much for easing Romo back in! It just felt like the run was for show in the first half, didn't seem that the first team was committed to running. Demarco only had 6 carries. I'm hoping he is somewhere around 18-20 carries a game this year. 6 carries isn't enough to get Murray in the groove.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free obviously has a longer leash than he did last year, but if he plays like he did two years ago he will be on the bench. I said the other day we will be looking at all defensive players and OTs after cut downs and I really think we'll grab an OT if one we like is cut. Not only is Free shaky, but Parnell and Weems never seemed to take a step forward. I know the team doesnt want to move Martin right now, so we need a backup that can play and not get Romo killed if Free sucks again...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run/pass ratio in the first half (with both first teams on the field) was 18p/10r. Maybe them running it poorly dictated Dallas throwing it more, but I don't recall seeing them run it on consecutive plays once in the first half. So much for easing Romo back in! It just felt like the run was for show in the first half, didn't seem that the first team was committed to running. Demarco only had 6 carries. I'm hoping he is somewhere around 18-20 carries a game this year. 6 carries isn't enough to get Murray in the groove.

I agree. Its pretty predictable a 2nd and 10 after an Incomplete pass is always a run which puts us at 3rd and 6. That last drive was sort of a 2 minute drill and we threw it a bit more. Romo was sacked 3 times too which means it was really 21 passes/ 10 runs. There was no rhythm at all. I didnt understand taking Dez out . Maybe they did it to force Romo to throw it to Witten and Williams. He instead went to Street lol. Street ran the wrong way one of the times

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fairness there was 5 pass attempts at the end of the half from 75 seconds remaining. Add in the sacks as pass attempts and it really only about 16p to 10r, 11 if you include Beasley run.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness there was 5 pass attempts at the end of the half from 75 seconds remaining. Add in the sacks as pass attempts and it really only about 16p to 10r, 11 if you include Beasley run.

OK, I Went and counted the plays. 1st Qtr was 7p (sack included) to 5r. 2nd Qtr pre 2 min warning it was 8p to 6r, including a sack (pass) and penalty (run). Post 2 minute warning they called 6 passes to 1 run.

In short prior to the 2 minute warning it was 15 p called plays to 11 run calls.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say that everyone who has been saying the defense would be better than last year is in for a very rude awakening. When we start going starters vs starters, we are going to get freaking drilled on that side of the ball. We have a great offense, a solid special teams, and one of the worst pro defenses I have ever seen

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My observations:

1. Our defense is awful. 500 yards given up to the Dolphins. 3 turnovers allowed us to even stay in the game.
2. Free still stinks and can't handle above average pass rushers. Wake ate his lunch.
3. Romo needed this game so he realizes he can't hold the ball too long against good defenses and pass rushes.
4. Dez is in beast mode but Witten looks a step slow.
5. Bailey rules.
6. Our defense is awful. Lucky to have created turnovers.
7. Durant is a liability against the run and the pass. He was gashed and could not get off blocks or cover out of the backfield.
8. Carter probably looked the best out of our defensive starters.
9. Vaughn stinks and showed it is not worth keeping 3 QBs. Practice squad is the best one can hope for him.
10. Bailey is awesome and our special teams unit looked better outside of a bonehead penalty by Crawford.
11. Still and undisciplined team that can's get out of their own way. Bad penalties. Dixon will be cut or left for the practice squad.
12. Did I say that our defense sucks? Melton, Spencer and Claiborne will need to play at a high level for the Cowboys to win more than 4 games this year.

Posts like these make me sick to my stomach. For starters, creating turnovers is part of defense. They forced three. That is not awful defense. And they only gave up 3 points at half. That is not awful defense. Nobody gives a fuck about yards given up if the D is forcing turnovers and keeping the other team from scoring a lot of points. Harris also had a good game tonight and showed how he has the ability to change the game with the blink of an eye with his great return game. That is why they won 8 games last year. The Cowboys have a good offense, a great special teams with Harris healthy, and a below average defense that can force turnovers. That is more than 4 wins. That is 7-9 wins and with a lot of luck, 10 wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say that everyone who has been saying the defense would be better than last year is in for a very rude awakening. When we start going starters vs starters, we are going to get freaking drilled on that side of the ball. We have a great offense, a solid special teams, and one of the worst pro defenses I have ever seen

Nobody is gonna be in for a rude awakening. Most actually expect it.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't like the idea of Murray getting 18-20 carries a game. Maybe 18-20 touches, but not carries.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of Murray getting 18-20 carries a game. Maybe 18-20 touches, but not carries.

Murray has averaged 19.4 touches per game (15.8 rushes per game) the last two years as it is. I would like to see him more involved in the offense, I think he needs to be more involved in the offense if Dallas wants to keep our defense off the field as much as possible. Murray averages 4.9 yards per carry for his career, we need to turn him loose. If he gets injured, so be it, then that just shows me he isn't cut out for a 16 game NFL season and that we don't need to re-sign him.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray has averaged 19.4 touches per game (15.8 rushes per game) the last two years as it is. I would like to see him more involved in the offense, I think he needs to be more involved in the offense if Dallas wants to keep our defense off the field as much as possible. Murray averages 4.9 yards per carry for his career, we need to turn him loose. If he gets injured, so be it, then that just shows me he isn't cut out for a 16 game NFL season and that we don't need to re-sign him.

And he's gotten hurt every year just with those 19.4 touches per game. Now you want him to have 18-20 carries alone.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's gotten hurt every year just with those 19.4 touches per game. Now you want him to have 18-20 carries alone.

Can't play in fear of injuries. And if he already has trouble staying healthy with a lighter work load, what does it matter really? He's likely to be injured at some point anyway. It's the last year of his deal, let's ride him for all he is worth this year. If he can handle it, maybe Dallas looks into re-signing him. If he gets injured again, don't re-sign.

Is Romo going to strictly be in 3 step drops to protect him from injury? No... This team can't afford to coddle players with injury risks.