• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did we look?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, our offense is not great. It is just good. Romo is not an elite quarterback, Murray is not an elite back. The only thing that resembles elite on our offense is Dez Bryant and Tyron Smith, and even they at times can look just "good." Until we have an elite quarterback, until we have an elite running back, until we have a more trustworthy offensive line, until boneheaded penalties are cut to a minimum, or until we get a coaching staff that is committed to running the football, then you should temper your expectations about the offense.

As far as the defense, giving up 500 yards is not a good thing, but forcing three turnovers is. Not to mention the first team D only giving up 3 at half. For a group that lacks a lot of talent, what they did last night (as far as first-team defense goes), isn't that bad at all.

Murray can be a top back in the NFL if he stayed healthy and was fed the ball. He is very underrated.

The defense flat out sucked last night. An undrafted FA was the playmaker for gods sake. The Miami qbs suck

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is still giving up way too many yards.

I agree especially against the run. No pressure on the QB unless we blitz- which will then turn into a flag for defensive holding . Im still holding onto hope though that a couple of these guys come back and help some.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is still giving up way too many yards.

A better offensive team would have reamed the Boys but good. Especially in the first half. And the stupid penalties still keep piling up. I know its pre-season, but come on.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please jettison BBWebb and keep Patmon. Patmon looks instinctive enough to also play safety. Those picks he had were impressive, especially the pick six.

not so much instinctive, just well played. He had his eyes on the backfield. Now that could get exposed in the regular season when he might be expecting safety help and it's not there, or when he gets burned on a double move. But both INT's were because he was watching the QB unlike most of our CB's who are doing nothing but staring at the WR's eyes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree especially against the run. No pressure on the QB unless we blitz- which will then turn into a flag for defensive holding . Im still holding onto hope though that a couple of these guys come back and help some.

I rewatched part of the Ravens game as I was waiting for the Miami game to start and our LBs were horrible. They were easy to block, let themselves get sealed off and just didn't seem to know what to do or be able to do it if they did. Also, this Minter guy that many wanted to see starting was absoutely blown off the line the entire 3rd Qtr (think it was the 3rd) including the TD run where the Center drove him 5 yards into the end zone and planted him on his asz...

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This special teams worries me. Miami had far to many big returns on both kick offs and punts. Romo, Dez, and Murray all better have career years.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rewatched part of the Ravens game as I was waiting for the Miami game to start and our LBs were horrible. They were easy to block, let themselves get sealed off and just didn't seem to know what to do or be able to do it if they did. Also, this Minter guy that many wanted to see starting was absoutely blown off the line the entire 3rd Qtr (think it was the 3rd) including the TD run where the Center drove him 5 yards into the end zone and planted him on his asz...

You are correct. They blew him off the ball the whe 3 rd quarter of that game. I said last week that must have pissed him off because he was awesome after that. In the Miami game he had plenty of chances to get pissed off again but he didn't . Ha

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On NFl network , they asked who has been the most disappointing team through 3 weeks. One of them said the giants. I thought it was Jeff Saturday. He may have said colts. SApp said AtLanta. I know it's preseason, but they haven't paid much attention to us. Then again maybe we aren't disappointing, maybe we just really suck. On a good note, SF still hasn't scored a first team td yet

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think preseason really matters very much. Don't get hurt, practice some things, figure who you want on your team in what positions and get ready for the games that matter.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic to me that we can't get much rush, but the first cut we make is a guy with 2 sacks in preseason. Honestly, I didn't think he would help much but I at least thought he would make it to the next cut. Good luck Martez. Hope you find a 3-4 team.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think preseason really matters very much. Don't get hurt, practice some things, figure who you want on your team in what positions and get ready for the games that matter.

I agree to a certain extent, but then again I think one would hope we wouldn't be making the same mistakes that have killed us for the past 3 yrs

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray can be a top back in the NFL if he stayed healthy and was fed the ball. He is very underrated.

And I could be a top adult film star in the adult industry if I had a 12-inch penis.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I could be a top adult film star in the adult industry if I had a 12-inch penis.

Me too, but there is no way I am cutting two inches off of my penis...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always tried to figure out what Jarntt stood for. He gave a hint a few weeks back and now I have nailed it. Jarntt stands for Jonah Falcon. Google if you like.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always tried to figure out what Jarntt stood for. He gave a hint a few weeks back and now I have nailed it. Jarntt stands for Jonah Falcon. Google if you like.

So they both start with J??? Can I deny this and still be known as a guy with an absolutely huge penis?