• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How can we involve Jimmy Graham more?

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Hawks line him up tight(on the line) and run streaks the LB's will have to follow or the safety will. that could open a world of options but what the hell do I know.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called close to 40% of the play calls ol Bevell called. A fucking lineman SHOULD NOT be able to yell at to the TV and be right that much.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if we do no trust bevell to get the best out of his talent, he has a history of failing in that regard.
I think a lot of people agree with you, though I'm not really sure it's an accurate statement. Compared to the other side of the ball, this organization has put precious little investment in offensive talent. The only skill players we've brought in with a first round pick have been Harvin & Graham. Not much to speak of at all in terms of free agent talent. QBs he's had to work with: Tarvaris Jackson and a 5'10" 3rd rounder. Hasn't been given a very good OL. Top 4 WRs at one point were all undrafted free agents, 1 of them from the CFL. All he's done with it is a couple of SB trips and a top 10 offense with the #1 running game in the land. He's turned the midget QB that nobody thougth would be very good into a franchise player. He's gotta get some credit for that.

I'll concur there have been some frustrations, such as Harvin and even Zach Miller not really working out, but some fans act like he's been given chicken salad and turned it into chicken shit when I think it's closer to the truth to say it the other way.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watch the "all 22" coaches view and it's an eye opener. Some of the routes are good but there are a lot that are just throw away plays where there's only 1 option to begin with unless it breaks down into the scramble drill. It's this ultra-conservative BS until we're forced to do something on offense. It has to go. PC's got to pull his head out of his ass and let Wilson play the entire game instead of manage and hope the defense is dominant. What's wrong with trying to blow teams out? People wonder why the team is always so injured but the fact that the vast majority of all of them go down to the wire and guys have to play at full intensity for all 60 minutes has something to do with it.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to the other side of the ball, this organization has put precious little investment in offensive talent. The only skill players we've brought in with a first round pick have been Harvin & Graham. Not much to speak of at all in terms of free agent talent. QBs he's had to work with: Tarvaris Jackson and a 5'10" 3rd rounder. Hasn't been given a very good OL. Top 4 WRs at one point were all undrafted free agents, 1 of them from the CFL.

Lynch and Wilson are top talents, max unger and okung are good players with probowls, zach miller was a seasoned probowler with OAKLAND for God's sake. Harvin one of the most talented players regardless of position. despite the fact baldwin was undrafted he is still a good WR. bevell's problem is his inability to get the most out of them. for shits sake he STILL throws bubble screens to baldwin who has never had success with them. nevermind that the bubble screen never works anyways. so far he has not shown any ability to be effective with graham.

with lynch, graham, and a possession WR like baldwin we should dominate on 3rd down. but instead we get horseshit, especially when it really matters.

All he's done with it is a couple of SB trips and a top 10 offense with the #1 running game in the land. He's turned the midget QB that nobody thougth would be very good into a franchise player. He's gotta get some credit for that.

i give him zero credit. all we have watched since he got here was a struggling offense that only survived scrutiny because our defense has been historically dominant. nearly every game the offense struggles to get started, struggles on 3rd downs, struggles in the redzone. there is nothing new here, this has not been a developing thing. this has been consistent since he has been here and i do not buy for one second that this is the offense that carroll wants. this is simply the best bevell can do because he is a highschool play caller that gets outcoached repeatedly.

give him an average QB like terdvaris and his offense goes up in smoke entirely, only by lynch and wilson has it survived this long. and to actually believe for one second that he has developed wilson is laughable. wilson has made bevell, not the other way around.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The logical disconnect of course is the results the last three seasons before this one. Apparently if we had even a mediocre OC, we'd have gone 14-2 (16 and 0?) and won three superbowls.

And I get it, Bevell does make some decisions that make one scratch one's head now and then. If there was a proven O-coordinator out there who would fit seamlessly with Pete and John, then I'd be A-OK with making a change.

But the results speak for themselves. If we make change for change's sake, that would be silly.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the results do speak for themselves, and the results are bevell will never be a head coach for the very reason that he sucks.

I pray every day that some stupid team will offer him a job, but Lord what a monumental mistake that would be.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll concur there have been some frustrations, such as Harvin and even Zach Miller not really working out, but some fans act like he's been given chicken salad and turned it into chicken shit when I think it's closer to the truth to say it the other way.

Yeah, I don't get that either... Bevell has done a very good job w/ what he's had to work with... Some of the finger pointing, if you will, needs to go to RW for not getting Graham the ball.... Bevell/Carroll had said that Graham has been an option in quite a few plays but RW had chosen a different option...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are blinded by something, not sure what. Maybe another season of watching the offense struggle to scored tds, convert third fowns, and dominate bad defense. Oh and fail to use extremely talented players.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the results do speak for themselves, and the results are bevell will never be a head coach for the very reason that he sucks.

I pray every day that some stupid team will offer him a job, but Lord what a monumental mistake that would be.

Yep, there will always be a Lombardi in the Seahawks trophy case. Over the first several decades on my life as a Seahawks fan, I never thought I'd say that.

And I can think back to some ACTUALLY awful play callers from the past, and some over-rated playcallers like teh Walrus, who never met a Mack Strong screen pass on 3rd and long he didn't like.

But I get it, Bevell does some weird stuff, I expect part of that goes with the territory.

We don't need to gild the lilly pretending the guy can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are blinded by something, not sure what. Maybe another season of watching the offense struggle to scored tds, convert third fowns, and dominate bad defense. Oh and fail to use extremely talented players.

Will we be going back to the big dance doing this again? If so, sign me the fvck up.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and my co-worker watched some of the pack game on NFL game pass (or whatever it's called) and there were at least 3 plays where Graham was wide open for a potential big gain and either the pass rush was in Wilson's face or Wilson decided where to go with the ball before the snap. The one the ball went to Kearse he cleared his guy and had at least 20 yards of open space. I could see why he was pissed after watching that. Wilson just needs to have him higher on his progression.

Same thing I saw in the first half of the Rams game too. Seems like Russell makes his pre-snap read and decides then who he is going to and unfortunately it is never Jimmy Graham. Week 1 it was Kearse. And sure I like Kearse, but Russell continuously targeted him with underneaths when Graham had multiple opportunities one on one beating his defender where Russell didn't even bother looking his way.

I agree that Graham needs to be much higher on his progression. Maybe as they get more game reps together they will become more comfortable with one another. We'll see

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing I saw in the first half of the Rams game too. Seems like Russell makes his pre-snap read and decides then who he is going to and unfortunately it is never Jimmy Graham. Week 1 it was Kearse. And sure I like Kearse, but Russell continuously targeted him with underneaths when Graham had multiple opportunities one on one beating his defender where Russell didn't even bother looking his way.

I agree that Graham needs to be much higher on his progression. Maybe as they get more game reps together they will become more comfortable with one another. We'll see

I didn't watch the Rams game yet but some of these routes that we have receivers are running are pointless. Guys are just running these lazy, soft, routes right into the zone, Sometimes guys are running to the exact same spot, routes take a really long time to develop even though we know the line isn't that great at buying time, ....

The reason I bag Bevell is because the passing game is a mess right now and the game plan has a lot to do with it. At some point you have to let our guys take a free run at the coverage instead of being so flippin conservative. Let the players decide things. God knows we pay them enough money.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, there will always be a Lombardi in the Seahawks trophy case. Over the first several decades on my life as a Seahawks fan, I never thought I'd say that.

And I can think back to some ACTUALLY awful play callers from the past, and some over-rated playcallers like teh Walrus, who never met a Mack Strong screen pass on 3rd and long he didn't like.

But I get it, Bevell does some weird stuff, I expect part of that goes with the territory.

We don't need to gild the lilly pretending the guy can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Bevell could not hold Holmgren's jock. at least with him there was a rhyme or reason to his play calling, even if his conservatism was annoying at times. he also did not have a historically dominant defense to count on.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell could not hold Holmgren's jock. at least with him there was a rhyme or reason to his play calling, even if his conservatism was annoying at times. he also did not have a historically dominant defense to count on.
Yes he didn't have a dominant defense. Some of that was due to not having a clock chewing offense like the Seahawks have now. Also, I pretty sure that offense committed more turnovers. Let's not forget that the OL Holgrem had was pretty dang good. You don't find guys like Jones and Hutch very often and the rest of the OL wasn't to bad either.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people just have to have something to whine about. The Seahawks offense is out of whack right now, but it's not dead. Over the past few years, they have been one of the most efficient offenses in the league. That may not impress some of you guys that only look at volume stats, but efficiency that you have on a per drive basis is what wins games. Go be a fan of the Lions or Saints if all you care about is volume numbers, just ignore all the negative plays and lack of efficiency.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he didn't have a dominant defense. Some of that was due to not having a clock chewing offense like the Seahawks have now. Also, I pretty sure that offense committed more turnovers. Let's not forget that the OL Holgrem had was pretty dang good. You don't find guys like Jones and Hutch very often and the rest of the OL wasn't to bad either.

They also put their $ on offense rather than defense.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't really back this up with anything beyond your opinion. The Seattle offense during the 'good' Holmy years was 'we're going to run left, dare you to stop us.'

We didn't throw deep, because Hass sucked at deep throws.