• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How can a team not be motivated to win if they literally

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't mind it if a player said it but no coach should use that excuse especially when you have over a month to get ready for the game. It's not like they were defeated by Auburn on Saturday night and had to play OU the following thursday

I am glad Iowa doesn't have to worry about that in football. He basically says same thing every time when he's in a press conference.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oklahoma was well coached, had a great gameplan, executed win precision and was excited to play.

Bama game out flat and deflated, got out played and our OC at the time proved again that he is bonifide retard when it comes to play calling. I hate we lost but I'm glad it caused us to get rid of that dumbass.

I had several of my friends ask me why I wasn't going to the game and I told them because it felt another Utah coming and that is exactly what happened.

Honestly I completely agree with this. OU lost many big games simply bc of the OC/DC. When you have a roster full of NFL players and you still get beat by an inferior oppenent based on a terrible game plan then it falls on the coaches. I couldnt believe that Bama just went away from the running game so quickly. Bama wins if they have better play calling, simple as that.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop using this lame excuse please.

That happened at the end of November and the Sugar bowl was played in early January.

Biggest BS ever.

If Saban couldn't get his players over that game in over a month then he's really not that good of a coach/motivator

Funny shit is there's no guarantee Bama would've won that game even if that play didn't happened. They could just as easily been defeated in OT

Naw, Saban's not a good coach.

:L

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I completely agree with this. OU lost many big games simply bc of the OC/DC. When you have a roster full of NFL players and you still get beat by an inferior oppenent based on a terrible game plan then it falls on the coaches. I couldnt believe that Bama just went away from the running game so quickly. Bama wins if they have better play calling, simple as that.

I wouldn't go as far as saying we would have won but it would have been a better game. OU's offense was a lot better than our defense but Bama's running game was a lot better than OU's defense. It would have been a shoot out. Instead we got to witness OU's qb torch us, then we got the ball back, make a couple of amazing runs then pass three times followed with a punt.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama teams that have won championships in the past have had 5 characteristics

1. A solid QB
2. A solid Oline
3. A secondary
4. Discipline
5. Taking care of the football

Last year's team was HORRENDOUS on 3, 4 and 5. Not much better on 2.

Penalties galore.
Fumblitis.
AJ even threw a career high in INTs.
Our secondary was good against the run, but very mediocre against the pass compared to year's past.
Our Oline gave up more sacks in the Sugar Bowl than the rest of the year.

There was a moment at the LSU game where Nick jumped into AJ's arms. That was a special moment because Nick has been working for 7 years to play a complete game against LSU in the regular season, and they finally did it. When Alabama plays a complete game, it doesn't matter who the other team is. Alabama will win that game.

After that game, the team kind of thought that the season was pretty much over, because hey, we dominated LSU. So then they go play Mississippi State and Chattanooga and look like dogshit in both games. Like a team with no motive, just out there going through the motions.

Then comes Auburn. A team with something to prove. A team with a motive. A team, period. We started off terribly sloppy, missing wide open passes, dropping passes, missing running lanes, and even giving up a blocked punt. Alabama looked all out of sorts, like they had no idea what they were out there for. Auburn knew what they were doing, and so did Gus. All Gus did was play conservative and hope that we made mistakes. That really is about the only way to beat Alabama. Just let them beat themselves.

4 missed field goals, multiple false starts, missed assignments against the zone read(CJ had his worst game of the year), missing a 4th down conversion, lackluster playcalling, running the nickel against a 7 man offensive front.... all that stuff adds up. Sad part is, any other team that plays Auburn that day and does all of that: They more than likely lose by 20+. But Alabama did all that, and still had the upperhand to win it at the end of the game. Had more total offense than Auburn, which means the defense did its job for the most part.

Sometimes, its just not your day.

All those factors taken into account, Alabama was 1 second away from going to a defacto semifinal game in Atlanta. That's just how close they were.

Just like the Oklahoma game. AJ throws 2 INTs. TJ fumbles inside the 20. O-line gives up 7 sacks. Couldn't seem to get a defensive stop on 3rd down. Yet, Alabama has a chance to tie or win it down 38-31 with 55 seconds to go. Oh, almost forgot we missed a field goal before halftime...

Last year was not a team Alabama expects to take the field and win a national championship with. Sure, they were VERY close.... but they lacked - forgive me for this term - "togetherness". The most important component of a team. It's what creates the identity of a team. Alabama didn't have much of an identity after the LSU game.

That's my 2 cents. Oklahoma played a great game, Stoops earned it. in the long run, we probably needed the loss. We have something to motivate us now.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2012, Oregon lost in ot by a fg, it's only loss on the season and only team to end the season without a regulation time loss.

A missed block by Oregon in a wide open field prevented the Ducks from sealing the win.

They were able to bounce back with a 17 point victory vs Big12 champ K. State led by Colin Klein in a bcs bowl.

Was Oregon reigning two-time defending champion and winner of 3 of the last 4? Don't compare ducks to elephants.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2012, Oregon lost in ot by a fg, it's only loss on the season and only team to end the season without a regulation time loss.

A missed block by Oregon in a wide open field prevented the Ducks from sealing the win.

They were able to bounce back with a 17 point victory vs Big12 champ K. State led by Colin Klein in a bcs bowl.

Stanford wasn't the last game of the season, nor are they the Ducks biggest rivals. The only loss that rivals the Iron Bowl loss for Alabama last season is West Virginia losing to Pittsburgh. Until you are creeping on the doorstep of a national title in week 14, you can't really make a comparison.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

I would think that would make them more motivated to kick the crap out of Oklahoma. It's bad enough to lose to in-state rival Auburn on a fluke play, but losing to Oklahoma after losing the shot at NCG? I would think that would be even more embarrassing. :noidea:

Iowa football is embarrassing. Winning 3 of the last 5 NC's is not embarrassing.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama teams that have won championships in the past have had 5 characteristics

1. A solid QB
2. A solid Oline
3. A secondary
4. Discipline
5. Taking care of the football

Last year's team was HORRENDOUS on 3, 4 and 5. Not much better on 2.

Penalties galore.
Fumblitis.
AJ even threw a career high in INTs.
Our secondary was good against the run, but very mediocre against the pass compared to year's past.
Our Oline gave up more sacks in the Sugar Bowl than the rest of the year.

There was a moment at the LSU game where Nick jumped into AJ's arms. That was a special moment because Nick has been working for 7 years to play a complete game against LSU in the regular season, and they finally did it. When Alabama plays a complete game, it doesn't matter who the other team is. Alabama will win that game.

After that game, the team kind of thought that the season was pretty much over, because hey, we dominated LSU. So then they go play Mississippi State and Chattanooga and look like dogshit in both games. Like a team with no motive, just out there going through the motions.

Then comes Auburn. A team with something to prove. A team with a motive. A team, period. We started off terribly sloppy, missing wide open passes, dropping passes, missing running lanes, and even giving up a blocked punt. Alabama looked all out of sorts, like they had no idea what they were out there for. Auburn knew what they were doing, and so did Gus. All Gus did was play conservative and hope that we made mistakes. That really is about the only way to beat Alabama. Just let them beat themselves.

4 missed field goals, multiple false starts, missed assignments against the zone read(CJ had his worst game of the year), missing a 4th down conversion, lackluster playcalling, running the nickel against a 7 man offensive front.... all that stuff adds up. Sad part is, any other team that plays Auburn that day and does all of that: They more than likely lose by 20+. But Alabama did all that, and still had the upperhand to win it at the end of the game. Had more total offense than Auburn, which means the defense did its job for the most part.

Sometimes, its just not your day.

All those factors taken into account, Alabama was 1 second away from going to a defacto semifinal game in Atlanta. That's just how close they were.

Just like the Oklahoma game. AJ throws 2 INTs. TJ fumbles inside the 20. O-line gives up 7 sacks. Couldn't seem to get a defensive stop on 3rd down. Yet, Alabama has a chance to tie or win it down 38-31 with 55 seconds to go. Oh, almost forgot we missed a field goal before halftime...

Last year was not a team Alabama expects to take the field and win a national championship with. Sure, they were VERY close.... but they lacked - forgive me for this term - "togetherness". The most important component of a team. It's what creates the identity of a team. Alabama didn't have much of an identity after the LSU game.

That's my 2 cents. Oklahoma played a great game, Stoops earned it. in the long run, we probably needed the loss. We have something to motivate us now.

Bear used the term one-ness to describe his greatest teams. 2013 Bama did not have it. Even Saban himself, long before last season began said," It's like starting all over." We should have paid attention.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I were a Bama fan, I wouldnt be too worried about the future. It was obvious they had tons of young talent. I would love to see a rematch in the playoff this season.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think that would make them more motivated to kick the crap out of Oklahoma. It's bad enough to lose to in-state rival Auburn on a fluke play, but losing to Oklahoma after losing the shot at NCG? I would think that would be even more embarrassing. :noidea:

I'm going to say this as gently as possible

If it is embarrassing to lose to Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl, then that says a lot more about Oklahoma than it does Alabama.

You are inferring that Oklahoma is not very good compared to Alabama... Not my opinion, but that is what YOU are implying.

You may be right, you may be wrong.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Embarrassing is when your head coach gets fired almost immediately after getting the job because the retard was in a strip club buying lap dances with the university credit card.

These things don't come close to being embarrassing.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Not motivated to win.":: It's always a lie.

Every team in every game wants to win every time... especially a Saban led team with seniors playing THE LAST CFB GAME OF THEIR LIVES.

Let's stop talking about this because it's an obvious lie ALWAYS.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing is when your head coach gets fired almost immediately after getting the job because the retard was in a strip club buying lap dances with the university credit card.

These things don't come close to being embarrassing.
You all don't even know embarrassing.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma was well coached, had a great gameplan, executed win precision and was excited to play.

Bama game out flat and deflated, got out played and our OC at the time proved again that he is bonifide retard when it comes to play calling. I hate we lost but I'm glad it caused us to get rid of that dumbass.

I had several of my friends ask me why I wasn't going to the game and I told them because it felt another Utah coming and that is exactly what happened.

Doesn't Saban call all the offensive plays?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get back to me when Oklahoma comes up a yard short, a missed field goal, or a fluke play away from a likely never to be touched 3-peat and 4 of 5 NC's. Pretty fucking deflating.

I see you are making a HUGE assumption with the bold. Even if you beat Auburn there were two more games to go and I am sure those teams would have had something to say about it. Bama last year was not Bama from the year before. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you are making a HUGE assumption with the bold. Even if you beat Auburn there were two more games to go and I am sure those teams would have had something to say about it. Bama last year was not Bama from the year before. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

You are correct. Worst overall team since Saban's 1st year at Bama. They still would have dominated Mizzou and beat Free Seafood U.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Not motivated to win.":: It's always a lie.

Every team in every game wants to win every time... especially a Saban led team with seniors playing THE LAST CFB GAME OF THEIR LIVES.

Let's stop talking about this because it's an obvious lie ALWAYS.

Oregon wasn't very motivated to win after Stanford presumably ruined their hopes last season.

DAT-"we ain't looking to play in no Rose Bowl... Been there done that"

I'm sure they were motivated to beat Arizona... uhhhhm no they didn't care because team leaders were already downplaying the postseason. Well, they got their wish.