• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How can a team not be motivated to win if they literally

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
outplayed their opponent? Alabama's stats are actually very good. Matter of fact if you re-watch the game you'll see that it was a select few mistakes and plays that really just changed the game. AJ had 380 yards passing with 2 tds and 2 picks. They also put up 130 yards on the ground(good for any balanced off). Special teams did well, defense just happen to get gassed(among other things) at times but it is the no huddle which isnt easy to defend if ran correctly. Alabama had just as many chances as OU to win this game and anyone who watched knows this(including Saban). From what I saw it sure didnt look like the players werent ready. Honestly if the excuse is not wanting to be there then it looks like to me it was the coaches who failed the players. If Derrick Henry starts or gets more carries, Bama wins. If Bama attacks OU's weak side in the secondary, Bama wins. People keep over looking that both teams had major injuries and that alone can change the game. Those arent excuses, just part of the game. People who understand football and really just sports in general, it's all about matchups. Don't get me wrong, Knight did have a coming out party but other than that OU had strenths on D that exposed Bama's weakness on the oline. The same can be said for the great stats that Bama produced on offense.

It's completely illogical to say that game would have been different if it were the title game. I've seen OU get tossed around in three title games where it matters most and I can guarantee you the players wanted to be there. As an OU fan I have seen the Sooners lose BCS games simply because star players werent there to play that are actual game changers. If I remember correctly many good Bama fans on here during the game said themselves that it wasnt a surprise for the way the game played out. It's all about matchups and OU just happened to be in a perfect situation against a very good opponent.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:badmin:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a lame excuse IMO.

Saban was just talking out of his ass.

If they weren't motivated to play there is only one man to blame

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You as an Alabama fan I would actually like to hear your view on this. We both watched the same game and both understand that both teams were pretty unhealthy. I thought it was a pretty exciting game on both sides.

Keep homerism at the door and share your comments on this. I find it strange that Saban would say this. I honestly thought excuses like these were below him.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say if it was a motivation issue, that falls on the coach and team leaders.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would ignore it. just bs coming from saban's mouth. if that is how he looks at he should just decline bowl invites

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get back to me when Oklahoma comes up a yard short, a missed field goal, or a fluke play away from a likely never to be touched 3-peat and 4 of 5 NC's. Pretty fucking deflating.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get back to me when Oklahoma comes up a yard short, a missed field goal, or a fluke play away from a likely never to be touched 3-peat and 4 of 5 NC's. Pretty fucking deflating.

they r mentally weak if they cant overcome that over a 40 day span

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stoops came out with a smart game plan. Bama had its worse CB group of the last 10 years. We were thin and shitty at CB. Our CB1 was a CB3 on a lot of teams. Then after him was a bunch of guys who couldn't keep their starting job and were rotated each time they fucked up. Knight came out throwing the ball quickly to the open guy taking advantage of this. He had 30 something completed passes to 9 different players while only average 7.9 yd per pass. It was a good strategy to take advantage of a huge weakness, and was well orchestrated by Knight. Congrats on the win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop using this lame excuse please.

That happened at the end of November and the Sugar bowl was played in early January.

Biggest BS ever.

If Saban couldn't get his players over that game in over a month then he's really not that good of a coach/motivator

Funny shit is there's no guarantee Bama would've won that game even if that play didn't happened. They could just as easily been defeated in OT

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You as an Alabama fan I would actually like to hear your view on this. We both watched the same game and both understand that both teams were pretty unhealthy. I thought it was a pretty exciting game on both sides.

Keep homerism at the door and share your comments on this. I find it strange that Saban would say this. I honestly thought excuses like these were below him.

That robot means this topic is already being discussed.

It doesn't matter if they were motivated or not, they lost. I haven't seen the way Saban said it, so I won't comment directly to what he said, but if it was an excuse it's a poor one that even if true, shouldn't be said by a coach.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

First of all, you're talking about OU. Theres a VERY short list of teams that have a better history than the Sooners in Norman. Don't pretend that OU hasnt had dynasty's like Bama has had and choke it away. I don't get it. People act as if OU is new to winning or something. For most of the decade, OU fans felt that it was unneccaptable to not be in the title just like Bama fans today. OU has also tried for 3-peats to just be taken away in a simlar fashion(see the 70's and 50').

Again, stats don't lie bud. Also, even an unmotivated Bama team had zero business losing to OU last season. Literally the worst offense since the 90's. Less passing yards than when we did the wishbone!! So yeah, spare me the not being motivated bs. OU's defense was the only decent part of the team and Bama's oline got exposed. Simple as that...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop using this lame excuse please.

That happened at the end of November and the Sugar bowl was played in early January.

Biggest BS ever.

If Saban couldn't get his players over that game in over a month then he's really not that good of a coach/motivator

Funny shit is there's no guarantee Bama would've won that game even if that play didn't happened. They could just as easily been defeated in OT

There is no doubt it was a let down. Hell, just look at the letdown Oregon had after they lost to Stanford, which lead to a loss @ Arizona as well.

It's just not a valid excuse.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stoops came out with a smart game plan. Bama had its worse CB group of the last 10 years. We were thin and shitty at CB. Our CB1 was a CB3 on a lot of teams. Then after him was a bunch of guys who couldn't keep their starting job and were rotated each time they fucked up. Knight came out throwing the ball quickly to the open guy taking advantage of this. He had 30 something completed passes to 9 different players while only average 7.9 yd per pass. It was a good strategy to take advantage of a huge weakness, and was well orchestrated by Knight. Congrats on the win.

well put, thank you

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

I would think that would make them more motivated to kick the crap out of Oklahoma. It's bad enough to lose to in-state rival Auburn on a fluke play, but losing to Oklahoma after losing the shot at NCG? I would think that would be even more embarrassing. :noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt it was a let down. Hell, just look at the letdown Oregon had after they lost to Stanford, which lead to a loss @ Arizona as well.

It's just not a valid excuse.

I actually wouldn't mind it if a player said it but no coach should use that excuse especially when you have over a month to get ready for the game. It's not like they were defeated by Auburn on Saturday night and had to play OU the following thursday

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma was well coached, had a great gameplan, executed win precision and was excited to play.

Bama game out flat and deflated, got out played and our OC at the time proved again that he is bonifide retard when it comes to play calling. I hate we lost but I'm glad it caused us to get rid of that dumbass.

I had several of my friends ask me why I wasn't going to the game and I told them because it felt another Utah coming and that is exactly what happened.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2012, Oregon lost in ot by a fg, it's only loss on the season and only team to end the season without a regulation time loss.

A missed block by Oregon in a wide open field prevented the Ducks from sealing the win.

They were able to bounce back with a 17 point victory vs Big12 champ K. State led by Colin Klein in a bcs bowl.