• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Houston "you have a problem", the Texas Rangers 9/14-17

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this comment from a poster on DMN website. Has this person even been watching the games. Elvis has been a stud the last couple of months.

If only Hamilton or Napoli could play shortstop!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this comment from a poster on DMN website. Has this person even been watching the games. Elvis has been a stud the last couple of months.

If only Hamilton or Napoli could play shortstop!

Where you found the comment says it all sir...Least the FIRE JD guy stopped showing up there and ESPN.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah went and looked at the Fire Jon Daniel's page and that Paul Paradis dude is still commenting there whining about "homers"...that guy never got over 2011. Like he was owed something...what a nut job. I mean read this garbage...what the fuck is wrong with these people?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah went and looked at the Fire Jon Daniel's page and that Paul Paradis dude is still commenting there whining about "homers"...that guy never got over 2011. Like he was owed something...what a nut job. I mean read this garbage...what the fuck is wrong with these people?
Any chance these guys get promoted to middle school? :trash:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duane has already posted the game today is 12 noon on Fox. Just a reminder.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus as I said a few days ago we can stop hearing that Houston is doing great and we are not is because Nolan Ryan left and went to help Houston. Houston was being built long before Ryan got there. That being said I still appreciate Ryan for what he went thru with Hicks and his pitching for the Rangers.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, talk about the old proverbial cut your nose off to spite your face. "really hope they don't make the postseason. That douche needs to be run out of town."

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, talk about the old proverbial cut your nose off to spite your face. "really hope they don't make the postseason. That douche needs to be run out of town."

I've never understood people who grow to hate teams because they have had failures in the past. So what they lost 2 WS...let's hate them forever and be cynical assholes all the time? Sports are one of the few things we can use to escape from the real world, so idk why some folks go that route. Whatever works for them I guess. Just seems like a pretty pathetic way to look at the world.

I know I have lived and breathed on the outcome of sporting events and pretty extreme, but those guys are promoting sports Nihilism...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he grew up a Cubs fan.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood people who grow to hate teams because they have had failures in the past. So what they lost 2 WS...let's hate them forever and be cynical assholes all the time? Sports are one of the few things we can use to escape from the real world, so idk why some folks go that route. Whatever works for them I guess. Just seems like a pretty pathetic way to look at the world.

I know I have lived and breathed on the outcome of sporting events and pretty extreme, but those guys are promoting sports Nihilism...
2011 was as much of a heartbreaker I have ever had in following a favorite team (still can't watch it) but I am over it and glad to have been in 2 World Series as it was a blast. And am very glad to be back in 1st at the end of the season and playing good ball. Nothing like being a part of the playoffs. And none of us expected it this year and many did not expect it to happen even next year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA! For many years I felt like we were the Cubs of the AL.

I don't take any joy in the fact the Cubs are what they are. But anytime we want to start feeling sorry for ourselves we should remind one another the Cubs haven't won a WS in well over a CENTURY, and haven't even been to the WS in 70 years.

By definition, that's futility.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Derek gets back on track today and pitches a great game! We could just about wrap this thing up with a win today.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could just about wrap this thing up with a win today.

Hope you're right about Derek, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves with one win today.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 was as much of a heartbreaker I have ever had in following a favorite team (still can't watch it) but I am over it and glad to have been in 2 World Series as it was a blast. And am very glad to be back in 1st at the end of the season and playing good ball. Nothing like being a part of the playoffs. And none of us expected it this year and many did not expect it to happen even next year.
Some of us, me especially, didn't expect it at the All Star break. In fact, I doubted this team well past the break at times.

I will never get over Game 6, but I am not going to dwell in the past though. I don't mind discussing it, but I am not going to let it keep me from enjoying the present.