• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Houston Texans at Denver Broncos

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the end of the game and setting up McMannus for the 51 yard FG. He has been good at making them in the past and being a bit conservative there to make sure you get that chance to win was ok by me.

To me the problem in Denver right now is a lack of locker room leadership. The list of leaders that are gone and have not been replaced is long:
Manning
Ware
Ward
Talib
DT

These guys have all been replaced with young talent but not guys that will lead. Case is the only guy that has been added as a vet with any ability to lead in while unless I am forgetting some guys. I think the 2018 Rookie class will bring a lot of leadership in the future, but it is asking a lot from any rookie to lead a team, especially when they are not a QB.

We drafted nothing but winners and team captians and high motor players .

Chubb was the highest motor of all of college football last year and his personality was the same . All College football Announcers are talking about him still in 3 or 4 games I watched . They say stuff like he was a no brainer pick. Brian Grease was one of coarse but there were more because he is a leader type

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one here was ever fired from their job? If so, what were your feelings about your ex employer?

100% Love & Peace?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one here was ever fired from their job? If so, what were your feelings about your ex employer?

100% Love & Peace?
Do be fair he wasn't exactly fired. More like forced relocation. Probably still not something that would make any of us happy.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% Love & Peace?

Ha! I've actually never been fired but if I was........I'd be pissed as hell.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do be fair he wasn't exactly fired. More like forced relocation. Probably still not something that would make any of us happy.

Yeah, if I was relocated, I would tell them to stuff it. However I didn't enter a business where that's always a real possibility and I suppose the millions in salary helps one cope.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a plus.

I love this rookie class!

The biggest bright spot.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Bill O'Brien said something in response to Vance's decision as the teams left at half time ..

Not sure if this was in response to Vance trying to ice Fairbairn or the 62 yd attempt by McManus

Seems the consensus among lipreaders is "Good job Vance, you dumb ****"

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t get icing Fairbain. He came in rushed. Why give him extra time to prepare for kick.

On the other hand we didn’t use a timeout when our kicker was rushed near end of half. I really thought back on that and thought was a very poor coaching decision

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t get icing Fairbain. He came in rushed. Why give him extra time to prepare for kick.

On the other hand we didn’t use a timeout when our kicker was rushed near end of half. I really thought back on that and thought was a very poor coaching decision

I 100% agree. I had no problem with how VJ handled the end of the game, but at half was poor coaching. You are in the game and you either go for it on 4th down or you punt it.

VJ admitted he was chasing points at the end of the 1st half in an interview yesterday.

This team is really close to be really good. There have been large improvements from last year as a team. I am not sure if VJ will survive the season, but there is evidence that maybe he should.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how anybody can look back at that game and say the loss doesn't sit squarely on VJ's shoulders. The season is pretty much washed up at this point, but he absolutely caused a 3 point swing before half, and the decision to not push the ball further down field for an attempted McManus game winner was stupid. When you have over 30 seconds left and a timeout or two, you absolutely have to try to scratch out another 10 yards or so, and we had all the tools to do it.

As good as McManus has been, you don't wanna have to settle for a 51 yard game winner when you very much so could've pushed it closer to a 40 yard attempt. This was a bonehead coaching move and just flat out garbage time management.

People can argue that trying to go for more yardage could've resulted in a sack and pushing us completely out of FG range, but that's why you have two step dropback plays in your playbook......to make sure we can draw something up without subjecting Case to a possible sack. Hell, even line up quick and try to pound a couple running plays if you're that afraid to throw. Bottom line is we should have chunked out a few more yards and made it closer kick. Of course the snap sucked and McManus shanked the piss out of it, so it is what it is.

All that hindsight 20/20 crap I guess. What a disappointment this season has been.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how anybody can look back at that game and say the loss doesn't sit squarely on VJ's shoulders. The season is pretty much washed up at this point, but he absolutely caused a 3 point swing before half, and the decision to not push the ball further down field for an attempted McManus game winner was stupid. When you have over 30 seconds left and a timeout or two, you absolutely have to try to scratch out another 10 yards or so, and we had all the tools to do it.

As good as McManus has been, you don't wanna have to settle for a 51 yard game winner when you very much so could've pushed it closer to a 40 yard attempt. This was a bonehead coaching move and just flat out garbage time management.

People can argue that trying to go for more yardage could've resulted in a sack and pushing us completely out of FG range, but that's why you have two step dropback plays in your playbook......to make sure we can draw something up without subjecting Case to a possible sack. Hell, even line up quick and try to pound a couple running plays if you're that afraid to throw. Bottom line is we should have chunked out a few more yards and made it closer kick. Of course the snap sucked and McManus shanked the piss out of it, so it is what it is.

All that hindsight 20/20 crap I guess. What a disappointment this season has been.
Houston had 9 men in the box. Sutton one on one with the CB. Take a slant pattern to Sutton.

Not knowing that McManus is 50% for 50+ and 75% from 40-49 is unthinkable in todays NFL.

Settling for 50/50 chance to win the game is playing scared. Wish VJ was playing scared at the end of the 1st half because Denver wins had they punted.

You should already know going into the game every situation and not make knee jerk decision that cost the team a game. You cannot be learning on the job about game situations. You have had 20 years of football probably to get this correct.