• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: New York Jets at Denver Broncos

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver finally get to have their home opener. This should be a game that the Broncos win and protect home field. This team needs to get back to having a winning record at home, and win the games you should on road. The offense and defense should have success agaisnt the Jets. I don't think we give up 13 points for a 3rd week in a row.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s very hard to imagine Zach Wilson having any kind of success against our defense. Kid is off to a very rough start to his career. And if Teddy continues to play turnover-free ball, should be an easy win.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important unanswered question today is which jersey @Draft Crazy will wear to the game.

With the 4 games following the Jets game being the toughest stretch of the schedule, the Broncos really need to be sure not to take this game lightly. Being the 1st game in front of significant fans in two years should help.

There are significant steps for the Broncos still to get in sync with Teddy Bridgewater on offense and this is a good game to work on those timing issues.

I still think these Broncos are built to beat the Chiefs - not that they will exactly, but the conscious effort to have the team in place who can beat the Chiefs is obvious to me and that is the first step in being competitive to the Division title. I saw the same thing in the 70's for the Broncos to compete with the Raiders - and that turned out very well.

Jones was fool's gold for the Jets - Darnold certainly looks better in Carolina.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important unanswered question today is which jersey @Draft Crazy will wear to the game.

With the 4 games following the Jets game being the toughest stretch of the schedule, the Broncos really need to be sure not to take this game lightly. Being the 1st game in front of significant fans in two years should help.

There are significant steps for the Broncos still to get in sync with Teddy Bridgewater on offense and this is a good game to work on those timing issues.

I still think these Broncos are built to beat the Chiefs - not that they will exactly, but the conscious effort to have the team in place who can beat the Chiefs is obvious to me and that is the first step in being competitive to the Division title. I saw the same thing in the 70's for the Broncos to compete with the Raiders - and that turned out very well.

Jones was fool's gold for the Jets - Darnold certainly looks better in Carolina.

Shall we take a vote on the jersey?

Here are the options... Maybe someone not injured. I was thinking maybe Javontae or Surtain since they are rookies and not many people will have their jersey.

Jevontae Williams
Justin Simmons
Pat Surtain II
KJ Hamler
Melvin Gordon
Courtland Sutton
Noah Fant
Drew Lock- Sorta don't want to wear the backup QB
Von Miller- Have worn his to a game before so maybe not him
Michael Ojemudia- Injured but will meet up with after the game.
Bradley Chubb- Injured
Jerry Jeudy- Injured

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here are the options... Maybe someone not injured. I was thinking maybe Javontae or Surtain since they are rookies and not many people will have their jersey.

Jevontae Williams
Justin Simmons
Pat Surtain II
KJ Hamler
Melvin Gordon
Courtland Sutton
Noah Fant
Bradley Chubb- Injured
Jerry Jeudy- Injured
I think I am wearing Romanowski..... Kick those fuckers in the teeth.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s very hard to imagine Zach Wilson having any kind of success against our defense. Kid is off to a very rough start to his career. And if Teddy continues to play turnover-free ball, should be an easy win.
The Jet's have a good pass defense so this could possibly a big coming out party for the RBs. Love to see 200 yards rushing.....

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jevontae Williams
Justin Simmons
Pat Surtain II
KJ Hamler
Melvin Gordon
Courtland Sutton
Noah Fant
Bradley Chubb- Injured
Jerry Jeudy- Injured
Jevontae Williams - you will not regret the choice.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jevontae Williams - you will not regret the choice.

Done. I was actually thinking of maybe going with Williams. I wore Surtain week 1, Hamler week 2 and for the game I will go with Williams. Surtain had his first INT so I can say I wore Williams jersey in the stadium in which he scores his first NFL TD. ;)

Here is a fact.. I attended the games in which the following players recorded their first career INT.

Darcel McBath
Perrish Cox
Will Parks

and you know how much I loved McBath and Cox (no jokes) coming out of college.

I can't do that for Surtain but maybe Jamar Johnson will be active this week. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done. I was actually thinking of maybe going with Williams. I wore Surtain week 1, Hamler week 2 and for the game I will go with Williams. Surtain had his first INT so I can say I wore Williams jersey in the stadium in which he scores his first NFL TD. ;)

Here is a fact.. I attended the games in which the following players recorded their first career INT.

Darcel McBath
Perrish Cox
Will Parks

and you know how much I loved McBath and Cox (no jokes) coming out of college.

I can't do that for Surtain but maybe Jamar Johnson will be active this week. ;)
You might be in the market for a Caden Stearns jersey soon.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver should win this one pretty easily. The Jets D has been decent considering how much they've been on the field but once Becton went down the Jets already bad O line became just awful.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be in the market for a Caden Stearns jersey soon.

I am going to do another order after the draft. Depends on who Denver drafts how many I get etc.... But my initial plan is sorta of

Josey Jewell (Waiting though to see if he was re-signed) otherwise I was going to get his last year.
Caden Sterns
Jamar Johnson

It really depends on how Sterns and Johnson's futures are looking for Denver. I am pretty comfortable with Sterns. Johnson I want to see as the year goes on. As you know I loved that pick.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jet's have a good pass defense so this could possibly a big coming out party for the RBs. Love to see 200 yards rushing.....

For each running back. And at least 2 TDs each too.

I like to dream big.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jevontae Williams
Justin Simmons
Pat Surtain II
KJ Hamler
Melvin Gordon
Courtland Sutton
Noah Fant
Bradley Chubb- Injured
Jerry Jeudy- Injured
Maybe you can get current and buy a Bridgewater jersey on game day.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw on Twitter Chubb is on IR. Pretty on brand for him; play 2 snaps, get hurt.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw on Twitter Chubb is on IR. Pretty on brand for him; play 2 snaps, get hurt.
That really isn’t fair. He is going to lose almost 2 full seasons out of 4. He missed 2 games last year and played in all his rookie year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you can get current and buy a Bridgewater jersey on game day.

lol- I just bought 9 current Broncos the last two years. We will see how Bridgewater does the rest of the year. Maybe an offseason purchase.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jevontae Williams
Justin Simmons
Pat Surtain II
KJ Hamler
Melvin Gordon
Courtland Sutton
Noah Fant
Bradley Chubb- Injured
Jerry Jeudy- Injured
Dang that's a lot of jerseys! Here I was having a hard time deciding between The Duke and Champ.

Just curious where do you buy your jerseys? Did you find a place to get them cheap or do you just have a lot of disposable income?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one Bronco jersey - bought for me by a friend - its says Cutler on it. I would feel dirty wearing it in public. I was going to send it to a Bear's fan I know, but never got around to it.