• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston looking at Les Miles, Art Briles, Dana Hologrosen, and Lane Kiffin

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kiffin could excel at Houston. He could get kids there that normally would go P5. The coaching wouldn't be near as difficult as what he encountered at UT and USC. I think he and Briles are the only realistic choices of the names being mentioned.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been proven that Kiffin's not head coach material, everywhere he went. He's more suitable being an offensive coordinator and he's great at his job. If I were the Houston AD, I would have to pass on Kiffin and hire either Briles or Miles, base on their resume.

Insane. I cant see Miles fitting at Houston. Imagine his 3 yard and a cloud of dust offense at Houston? Might as well blow up the team and start over.

Briles is too rapey..

I think Lane is OK. Big name and that is what they are looking for. I think Lincoln Riley makes a ton of sense.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana Hologrosen??? WTF?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kiffin could excel at Houston. He could get kids there that normally would go P5. The coaching wouldn't be near as difficult as what he encountered at UT and USC. I think he and Briles are the only realistic choices of the names being mentioned.
I don't know why Kiffin's name keeps coming up. He's been a disaster as a HC at all three gigs.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not know he was the OC at Houston

Houston offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen is leaving behind star quarterback Case Keenum and bringing his high-powered attack to Oklahoma State.

No, I get that, but Houston is a G5 team. Why would he leave WV for Houston? I guess to me it would be a step back. Thats all

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Houston has a great record of hiring the up and coming assistants. While they've left them for bigger names, they've served Houston pretty well....Briles, Sumlin, Herman. Not sure what Bill Yoeman's history was.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana Hologorson is not taking an AAC job over WVU.

Briles is toxic. Houston is not desperate. They have a fairly stocked roster and some upside.
There is no need to risk it all with a fucking r*pe and Sexual Assault reclamation.

Les Miles or Lane Kiffin seem like more realistic options.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Houston breaks the bank on assistant coaches, Les Miles won't win jack.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hologorson stays P5

Briles, way to soon and Houston doesn't need to take a chance. They have had good success the last ten years.

Miles with spread players. Hell, that's' like playing catch with a blind person.

Kiffen, good OC but not a Head Coach. His time with Saban might have taught him, how to run a program, He's the only one that makes any sense.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why Kiffin's name keeps coming up. He's been a disaster as a HC at all three gigs.
He wasn't a disaster at Tennessee at all when he was there. He had victories over nationally ranked Georgia and South Carolina and he was putting his finishing touches on a top 5 recruiting class heck the future looked really bright for the Vols. Fans were really pissed off when he chose to go to USC instead of staying at Tennessee

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I get that, but Houston is a G5 team. Why would he leave WV for Houston? I guess to me it would be a step back. Thats all
He's not and for that reason, he is about to either sign an extension at WVU or be hired at Oregon. He was on the hot seat coming in to this season and our AD didn't sign his extension during the summer so that's where the speculation comes from.
The AD has said publically that he would wait til the end of the regular season before renewing contract talks so imo something will be announced Sunday or Monday from WVU OR Oregon will open up the checkbook and take him out west.

Is Applewhite still at UH? If so that might be their next HC

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 168,827.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that would hire Kiffen as a head coach deserves what they get. He is a coordinator, nothing more.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Houston won't land any of them
2. Houston shouldn't want any of them

Go get Mark Hudspeth or Willie Taggart.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not and for that reason, he is about to either sign an extension at WVU or be hired at Oregon. He was on the hot seat coming in to this season and our AD didn't sign his extension during the summer so that's where the speculation comes from.
The AD has said publically that he would wait til the end of the regular season before renewing contract talks so imo something will be announced Sunday or Monday from WVU OR Oregon will open up the checkbook and take him out west.

Holgs won't leave, although I wouldn't be heart broken if he said adios. But I bet you Lyons over pays his ass and in two years we can't fire him because it costs too much.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffen = Failed at every Head Coaching job he had. Alabama wins in spite of him, not because of him
Briles = Nobody is going to touch this guy if they know what's good for them until the lawsuits end.
Miles = Sure hire a guy who has Zero understanding of offense. Brilliant
Holgerson = Has a better job than Houston right now, and is getting better.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He might be fired by WVU.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey!!! Some real insight backed up(i guess) with a reason. Thanks!!