• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hot Stove 2020

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He benefits from having a cool name. Nomar Mazara sounds like he should be a good baseball player. The Rangers did the right thing trading Mazara and keeping Willie Calhoun, a guy whose name sounds like the guy who comes to your door and asks if he can rake your leaves for 5 bucks.

...until he signs on with Boras

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...until he signs on with Boras
The more I think about it Willie Calhoun sounds like a guy who "could have been one of the best ever" but fell in with the wrong crowd and ended up on an ESPN 30 for 30 episode.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeGrom-Thor-Matz-Porcello-Wacha? Not super strong on paper after 1-2 but there's definitely upside there.

Matz-Porcello-Wacha is one of the best 3-4-5 combinations on paper....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear they'll add at least one pitcher.

Looks like they are talking to the Indians about Kluber.

Tell you what Angels...they will give you Kluber AND Lindor just go ahead and give them Trout....plllllease

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is DEFINITELY the move that will get the Angels over-the-top. All those other times we said that about their big moves didn't count.

lmao. Rendon's a great player but this is an Angels team coming off a 72-90 season where they finished 12th in the AL in ERA and not a single one of their starting pitchers threw more than 100 innings. they do have some intriguing young arms and they could have Ohtani back in the rotation, but they're still banking on a lot of things to go right.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Indians can get some nice prospects for Kluber (who is past his prime and one more serious injury away from being done imo) that would be a huge win. They don't even need Kluber.

Carrasco-Bieber-Clevinger-Plesac-Civale-Plutko

I'm guessing if they ended up getting Dustin May in a Lindor deal they would be looking to get rid of another starter...they actually too many arms for 5 spots which is a great thing...you can never have too many capable starters.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello to the Metsies

$10M on a 1 year deal seems pretty reasonable. he's made 27+ starts in all of his major league seasons. if he can do that with a league average ERA (his career ERA+ is 99), then he's a very solid back-end starter.

DeGrom-Thor-Matz-Porcello-Wacha? Not super strong on paper after 1-2 but there's definitely upside there.

They also have Stroman. deGrom/Thor/Stroman/Matz/Porcello/Wacha should be one of the best in baseball IMO. of course someone likely gets moved.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$10M on a 1 year deal seems pretty reasonable. he's made 27+ starts in all of his major league seasons. if he can do that with a league average ERA (his career ERA+ is 99), then he's a very solid back-end starter.

They also have Stroman. deGrom/Thor/Stroman/Matz/Porcello/Wacha should be one of the best in baseball IMO. of course someone likely gets moved.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Stroman was moved now.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets next move appears to be shedding salary, probably packaging Lowrie with Dom Smith (or some similar package) for a cheap reliever. Would love Betances but I think they'll roll the dice on a less flashy option.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirate fans are here just to say HI.

Side note their current guaranteed salaries for next season combined at less than what Rendon just got.

UNCBlue012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely forgot. That's a solid rotation, actually.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirate fans are here just to say HI.

Side note their current guaranteed salaries for next season combined at less than what Rendon just got.
That's pretty impressive. They must be a bunch of young guys because I follow mlb pretty closely all season and I am having a hard time remembering anyone in their starting lineup except for Reynolds. (of course it could be my memory is terrible too). They had Marte but I'm not sure if he is still there or if he's a free agent.
Just remembered Jordy Mercer. They had a catcher who was a decent hitter if I am remembering right. Kang plays 3rd base sometimes. Damn, I'm stuck.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matz-Porcello-Wacha is one of the best 3-4-5 combinations on paper....
Yeah,you're right. You look at those guys individually you're not that impressed, then you remember you're comparing them to other teams 3-4-5 pitchers and they look pretty good. I could see Porcello having a good year. Even though sometimes some of his stats don't look that great he seems to be a smart pitcher. Even though wins are supposed to be irrelevant now, I believe some pitchers are better at getting them. He could benefit from getting to face the pitcher in the NL.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Gardner gets a raise ($12.5M) and an option year ($10M)

Longest tenured Yankee will continue to be.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty impressive. They must be a bunch of young guys because I follow mlb pretty closely all season and I am having a hard time remembering anyone in their starting lineup except for Reynolds. (of course it could be my memory is terrible too). They had Marte but I'm not sure if he is still there or if he's a free agent.
Just remembered Jordy Mercer. They had a catcher who was a decent hitter if I am remembering right. Kang plays 3rd base sometimes. Damn, I'm stuck.
Kang was let go last year. Marte, Polanco and Archer make up 90% of that guaranteed salary. And if they trade Marte that would drop to around 24 million in guaranteed salary.

Also add the fact they have only 1 catcher on their 40 man roster.