• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TSN: McLellan on Hot Seat

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, Blake just said he hasn't considered firing McLellan jusy yesterday during the mid season media availability. Bur where there's smoke...

He makes a good point though, Blake shouldn't have be asked that question unless it's been brewing which I think it has been. Can't exactly come out and say yeah he will be gone by Monday if we don't win Saturday against NY.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah how could he not be on the hot seat, Even todd knows his time is limited

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course then the problem becomes which one of blake's friends does he hire... And what good is that

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a huge McLellan fan, but really Blake and the gamble on PLD (and to a lesser degree Fiala) are all his handy work. Blake is on the hotter seat if it were up to me. Which it isn't, so Blake will be here a few more years.

My main gripe with Todd is I am tried of having to figure out where the "L's" go in his name every time I want to make a point about him. Just kidding, but that doesn't help. But seriously, the highest paid coach in the league, or least in the conversation for it, should be getting maximum value from individual players and his roster. That's really the main of it, and I don't see that. Todd doesn't make in game adjustments, and he doesn't even really make in-week adjustments. It's more of the same night in and night out and then it's somehow surprising that teams can figure him out so easily. He's not a defensive guy, so any lead 3 goals or less is a game that is very much still in play. The only thing I know from watching him is the Kings attempt to play a 1-3-1 system versus the traditional 2(D)-3(F) system. And there were points where Kings would badly outshoot the other team, and you could see some positives in there. But I haven't really seen those coming to fruition lately.

So, yeah, overall, just not that excited or confident in this team as it stands. McLellan probably has earned the right to finish out the year, but when this team either doesn't make the playoffs, or loses again in the Round 1, I'd like to move on from him. I think Blake will be more of a slow burn for a few years. I used to think there'd be more cap this offseason, but looking again at CapFriendly, I am not sure anymore. Arvidsson money coming off (Unless he's retained), Kopitar going from $10M/year down to $7M/year, and cap going up. But Byfield and Roy getting some money, and Byfield will be a decent chunk no matter how it's debated.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PA is a hands off owner, I don’t think he even knows what’s going on with the Kings. Whoever is running AEG now is the person that Flake answers to. And I have no Idea who that is, or if they care about the Kings at all.
At least with Liewewkly we knew that he did like the team and was all in. Under him the Kings won 2? cups I believe.
Flake has a very long leash, because I do t think his bosses give much of a damn.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings mostly seem out of sink, when they are giving ozone pressure it seems rare someone is in the right place for the pass or rebound. Mcclellen cant stop doing the same thing over and over. Even last night he switched up the lines (holy hell!) And it really seemed like Kings where doing well, hearing names you want to hear more...got goalied and hit posts but overall a good showing on new lines. In the 2nd a few break downs and a lul that led to 2 SJ goals but by the end of the period seemed Kings were getting back in. 3rd comes and lines back to the same ol same ol....that said ya Buster got a good goal 1st shift in but this just reinforced Todds hard headedness and LA needed a late PP just to get the loser point against a team they beat 6 games running. The 1 fucking time Todd makes an adjustment is to go back to the same as always. Change it up and let it stay a game or 2

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised too that he went back to the 55/11/9 line so quickly, seemed like PLD barely played with those two. Yes it resulted in a goal but he sure was quick to pull tye rug out to get back to "what he knows". Well what he knows is not working, as you stayed they struggled to get the loser point and if not for the Kahkonen delay of game penalty I believe the Kings walk out of Staples last night with 0 points which is unacceptable based on who they were playing.

The Kings have absolutely sputtered since mid December, and we are coming up on February soon. I don't know if it's too late in the season for a HC change and if it would make a difference but next in line would be Sturm which doesn't exactly exude confidence.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Todd the god is still safe, players judt need to step up.....well duh, ya i agree the players need to perform, coach needs to adjust....almost unacceptable to lose to SJ

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd McLellan thinks it's high time that center Pierre-Luc Dubois makes a substantial impact on the Los Angeles Kings.

"At the end of the day, whether PL gets four minutes or gets 24 minutes, he has to be a difference-maker," the bench boss said after Monday's 4-3 shootout loss to the San Jose Sharks, per Hockey Royalty's Russell Morgan. "And with or without the puck, we've gone through this long enough. It's time."

Jump on the easy band wagon with fans an blame PLD. WTF is Todd doing to get him going? He is on track for avg 3rd c points....where he plays. Last night he was doing just fine on L1, made some great plays, good shots hit a post, goalie made a couple good saves on him, drew a penalty, had a couple hits....but ya he is why the Kings suck...their 3rd line C is on target for 3rd line C points

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying there wasnt times PLG wasnt off to the side watching the play, but most of the game i cant say he is why LA lost....or losing.