• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Talk to Me (2023)... Loved it. Decent amounts of character stupidity but the overall writing was pretty good. Loved the cinematography and the way they ended the movie.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alfred Hitchcock Movies Of 2013 GIF

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just out on Hulu.

Very well done and very unique and original concept.
Which is hard to do.

A solid 7.5

We watched this this weekend and I'm
still trying to wrap my head around the ending and whether I liked it. The movie is unique, I really liked the aliens for the most part, but at times they acted like feral animals instead of super-intelligent beings, which allowed Brynn to keep killing them.

I don't know, making the invading aliens act like animals is just a trope that has never made much sense to me and I've always disliked it. In this movie they clearly have telekinetic powers and still had to chase after Brynn. Also, with them being vulnerable to some fairly basic weapons, you'd think that a lot of them would get shot.

Last edited:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We watched this this weekend and I'm
still trying to wrap my head around the ending and whether I liked it. The movie is unique, I really liked the aliens for the most part, but at times they acted like feral animals instead of super-intelligent beings, which allowed Brynn to keep killing them.

I don't know, making the invading aliens act like animals is just a trope that has never made much sense to me and I've always disliked it. In this movie they clearly have telekinetic powers and still had to chase after Brynn. Also, with them being vulnerable to some fairly basic weapons, you'd think that a lot of them would get shot.
Definitely unique, which is why I enjoyed it.

I think it was a different take on a familiar story in that these aliens could overpower us thru whatever means they had, but they had some kind of empathy in which they felt sorry for her and kind of helped her

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely unique, which is why I enjoyed it.

I think it was a different take on a familiar story in that these aliens could overpower us thru whatever means they had, but they had some kind of empathy in which they felt sorry for her and kind of helped her

Did they "help" her, or did they decide that she was already fucked up, so they didn't need the parasite to make her delusional.

Still, good movie. Keeps you thinking, which is a good thing.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they "help" her, or did they decide that she was already fucked up, so they didn't need the parasite to make her delusional.

Still, good movie. Keeps you thinking, which is a good thing.
For whatever reason, it made me think they put her in The Matrix; I think the key piece of evidence is that we can assume that everyone despised her for what happened, but now, all the townsfolk think she's swell; which the aliens definitely orchestrated

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason, it made me think they put her in The Matrix; I think the key piece of evidence is that we can assume that everyone despised her for what happened, but now, all the townsfolk think she's swell; which the aliens definitely orchestrated

Yeah, they are building a matrix, and all the townsfolk still had the parasite. The parasites make the humans believe they are "happy" inside a fantasy based on their memories. That's why Maude was alive again, and there was a party outside Brynn's house when she had the parasite. But she was too guilt ridden to accept that fantasy. What's interesting is that she was too damaged by her past, and ended up accepting a fantasy anyway, without needing to be controlled by a parasite. The aliens are doing a nice experiment on her.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the most scared i ever got waswhen the alien popped up thru the chesti n alien cause my dad grabbed me at the same time.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Fright Night (the Colin Farrell version, still haven't seen the original) and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Went with one of my tried and true, can't miss game plans which is good premise/setting and keep the cast tight, get real actors that can elevate the material.

Also watched Frighteners for the first time, man what a fun movie.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not long into this movie there will be a part that you will say ..Oh this is so corny. I know I said it.
But just get passed it ....it goes to places you just don't expect.

It's between decent & good. I say a 6.0

Appendage 2023 (on Hulu)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the original Wolfman, it was interesting. Thankfully it's only an hour long because it's slow (,I guess most movies were back then). The creepiest part is the age difference between the love birds (another norm from movies back then). I do like seeing the special effects from back then. I have a couple other oldies on deck along with going through the Friday the 13ths.