• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Run Rabbit Run this past weekend and thought it was ok. I thought the premise was decent but it got pretty redundant and really dragged it's feet to get to the payoff which you could see coming a mile away. Good acting and production, in the right hands it could have been a lot better.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aftermath on Netflix was once again very meh. The characters weren't very likeable, the reveal/twist is one that's beydone before (and much better in certain cases) and the run time of nearly 2 hours is wildly unnecessary, at least 30 mins too long. It did have some solid creepy scenes but they were do spaced out it gave zero fear momentum. Skip unless desperate

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pope's Exorcist on Netflix with Russell Crowe.

Not much horror/gore or scares, but the odd joke here and there was amusing.
Ending was a bit formulaic.
But, the story was really good with historical references.

I liked it.
Solid 7/10.
Finally got around to this one and enjoyed it. They really dial it up a bit at times, wish they had reigned that in a bit, would have worked better if it was gritty/more grounded.

I'm currently watching Alien for the first time (I'm ashamed of myself). My God is the science officer a jackass.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got around to this one and enjoyed it. They really dial it up a bit at times, wish they had reigned that in a bit, would have worked better if it was gritty/more grounded.

I'm currently watching Alien for the first time (I'm ashamed of myself). My God is the science officer a jackass.
The first Alien can get a bit slow, especially in the beginning, but once they bring Kane back on board, Scott ratchets up the suspense.
Considering the year it was released, it actually holds up pretty well.

Oddly enough, for my favorite sci-fi horror movie, I still might lean towards Carpenter's The Thing.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just out on Hulu.

Very well done and very unique and original concept.
Which is hard to do.

A solid 7.5

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first Alien can get a bit slow, especially in the beginning, but once they bring Kane back on board, Scott ratchets up the suspense.
Considering the year it was released, it actually holds up pretty well.

Oddly enough, for my favorite sci-fi horror movie, I still might lean towards Carpenter's The Thing.

Alien and The Thing are pretty similar in a lot of ways. And both hold up well. As with all horror movies, setting, atmosphere etc are what make it, those are timeless. If Alien was made today it would be CGId to all hell and be dated and unwatchable within a decade.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alien and The Thing are pretty similar in a lot of ways. And both hold up well. As with all horror movies, setting, atmosphere etc are what make it, those are timeless. If Alien was made today it would be CGId to all hell and be dated and unwatchable within a decade.

It would still depend on the director... Even with modern techniques / tech, there are solid horror directors creating movies that will still be great in the future.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Boogeyman (2023), The Last Voyage of the Demeter (2023) & Cobweb (2023)... Highly recommend them all. Each had their pitfalls but they built suspense really well. All 3 are pretty good creature features.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a remake of Night of the Living Dead made in 1990 or so. Not bad, but not good.

They made Barbara the hero
Mr. Cooper is worse and more over the top
Karen reanimating was glossed over
They made the posse more like a redneck convention

I still think the original is one of the best horror movies ever.

One plot hole I never got was how all the zombies found that random house in the boonies...lol

Wouldn't only a handful of zombies be wandering around out there? There was a cemetery close by so maybe that is where they came from? There again, the zombies looked like had just died.