• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Houses That October Built (2014)

The acting was good enough for what this was, a low budget indie. It's filmed through camcorders (1st person). The movie finally starts moving along about 20 minutes before it ends; it's running time is 91 minutes, so yeah it's a bit boring up until then. The storyline about visiting haunted houses is somewhat original, but this movie did very little to keep me interested. Most of it had the group traveling from one haunted house to another. It wasn't very enthralling. Few creepy moments but nothing scary. But if you're a fan of found-footage films, you might enjoy this more than I did. I would not watch this again because of the bore-factor and the ending was abrupt without any great climax.

Not recommended. 4/10

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON!

Spring (2015)

Release date: March 20th, 2015

Synopsis:

Sorry for the late preview on this one. Overlooked it! But this looks like it has the makings of a great movie. At first the trailer made me think it was going to end up on Netflix within the following months of its release, but then it surprised me! I love horror movies like this where the actors are unknown but the plot is what makes the movie great. I am hopin for the best with this one!
Wow!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sinister. I considered that movie creepy as hell.
I really liked that movie. Ethan Hawke is an underrated actor. The premise & plot were very original and well played out. Quite the twist at the end as well! You could have stuck any set of actors in that movie and it still would have been golden.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my thumb on the RENT button about 3 different times with this movie.
I just had this feeling that in 15 minutes I was going to be looking at the hoop on my phone.

I'll pull the trigger.
Ever get around to watching it? Curious what your thoughts are on it! :suds:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right, you proclaimed yourself to be the grammar police when we switched over. If I am mistaken (all you mods look alike after awhile), please forgive this next line.

Portrayal.
Lol, it was me and I don't know how the fuck that happened. Must've been my goddamn iPhone or something!

Still, I'm confused why you felt like spelling it the same way I did? :noidea:

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, it was me and I don't know how the fuck that happened. Must've been my goddamn iPhone or something!

Still, I'm confused why you felt like spelling it the same way I did? :noidea:
LOL, you cad.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the girls face appears behind him, I yelped. And I don't yelp.
LOL, when I was little, I got to see Jaws in the big city way before it hit my hometown. When it came to my town, I went and sat in the front row. When each shocking scene came up, especially the face in the downed boat came up, I just turned around to watch the crowd reaction. FUN STUFF!!!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, when I was little, I got to see Jaws in the big city way before it hit my hometown. When it came to my town, I went and sat in the front row. When each shocking scene came up, especially the face in the downed boat came up, I just turned around to watch the crowd reaction. FUN STUFF!!!
I saw Jaws as a 5 year old after it had been released to tv. I didn't want to take a bath for a week! Now I watch it and laugh.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a few recently:

Exists: Bigfoot terrorizes annoying college kids in the woods. Not a great movie but not as bad as the concept implies. The special effects were not bad.

Wer: Actually better than I thought it would be. Werewolf fxs were not bad. A bit slow but it picks up.

Dead Snow 2: Pretty funny zombies gore flick. Set in Norway so subtitles or dubbed even though it is part English in the original cut.

Martyrs: This one actually disturbed me a bit. Seemed to be torture for no real reason which I am not a fan of but it pulled together an interesting story by the end. Badly dubbed (French). For hardcore horror fans only. Not for the faint of heart (imho).

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heheh, my sister and I went to see it for the second time, and when Dreyfuss was chumming the water, and the shark comes up out of it, some man a couple of rows back let out a bark of fear. We missed the next 10 minutes of the movie trying to stifle our laughter and failing.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Jaws as a 5 year old after it had been released to tv. I didn't want to take a bath for a week! Now I watch it and laugh.
I still won't take baths. And yes, I have a lot of time to myself.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm going to have to go through and look at some of the reviews in this thread. I don't watch a lot of horror, but the supernatural and psychological ones can be very good. No thanks on slash n gash, though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a few recently:

Exists: Bigfoot terrorizes annoying college kids in the woods. Not a great movie but not as bad as the concept implies. The special effects were not bad.

Wer: Actually better than I thought it would be. Werewolf fxs were not bad. A bit slow but it picks up.

Dead Snow 2: Pretty funny zombies gore flick. Set in Norway so subtitles or dubbed even though it is part English in the original cut.

Martyrs: This one actually disturbed me a bit. Seemed to be torture for no real reason which I am not a fan of but it pulled together an interesting story by the end. Badly dubbed (French). For hardcore horror fans only. Not for the faint of heart (imho).

Haven't heard of Exists or Martyrs, so I will have to check them out! Thanks!

Wer: Watched that one when it first came out to rent. Felt the same as you, pleasantly surprised! Far from original, but the budget was right & the acting was good. The ending fight scene was a bit ridiculous lol.

DS2: I watched it only because I had seen the 1st. Good for cheap thrills, but don't expect much in terms of horror.

3 & 6 years to go...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell were wrong with our parents? I saw Jaws at 5, as well. I think that I was pretty close, too.
For Jaws 2 I was definitely in the first row. I remember that, because when the shark came for Mike, and they pulled him in just in time, I tried to break the back of my chair I was moving back so hard.