• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna watch the three personalities we seen in the first two do more of the same...
Isn't that his whole premise, though? Gratuitous vilence and gore?
Yes, it has almost the same level of malevolence that we are accustomed to. Again, just not what I expected after waiting 14 years for this. Especially after the sublime ending to The Devil's Rejects. Was hoping for something a little more unique & sinister. Almost got bored with 3 From Hell. If you are someone that just watches it for the violence then you may enjoy it more than I did. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mindset, but I think after you see it you'll know where I'm coming from.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it has almost the same level of malevolence that we are accustomed to. Again, just not what I expected after waiting 14 years for this. Especially after the sublime ending to The Devil's Rejects. Was hoping for something a little more unique & sinister. Almost got bored with 3 From Hell. If you are someone that just watches it for the violence then you may enjoy it more than I did. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mindset, but I think after you see it you'll know where I'm coming from.

I think that's what happened to me with Lords of Salem, because I was left wanting more.... :laugh: Like too much focus was on the story, and not enough gore. :doh:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's what happened to me with Lords of Salem, because I was left wanting more.... :laugh: Like too much focus was on the story, and not enough gore. :doh:
You may like it . For me it simply wasn't even close to as disturbing or sadistic as TDR was. And they skip right over a great opportunity to shake hands with the devil in the beginning... Instead of giving us an explanation as to how the Firefly family survived, all you are given is a "1 & 1million chance of survival" and a newspaper headline that read "Satanic Recovery". Sigh.

Also... Can't fault Zombie for Sid Haig's brief character in this one. In real life Sid was in & out of the hospital for months & months. Rob had no choice. But this film was severely lacking without Captain Spaulding's presence. The dude from 31 did an ok job. Just doesn't come close to the legend that is Sid Haig.

House of 1000 Corpses was a twisted & campy sort of film. TDR was downright sadistic. I was hoping 3 From Hell would be a perfect marriage of the two. Instead it's just a continuation of the family story in a b-rate TDR sort of way.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m assuming watching them back to back wouldn’t be a good idea.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna watch 31 tonight. Haven't seen it yet

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m assuming watching them back to back wouldn’t be a good idea.
Actually might be a great idea. Keeps you in tuned with the gratuitous gore element and doesn't allow the majestic ending to TDR to sink in.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually might be a great idea. Keeps you in tuned with the gratuitous gore element and doesn't allow the majestic ending to TDR to sink in.

that’s how they did it when they had the limited showing in the theaters.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that’s how they did it when they had the limited showing in the theaters.
Smart move. Good horror sequels should be admired as standalone films, this one however clearly felt more like an accessory.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Windmill (2016)

Was in the mood for a slasher flick so gave this one a go. There was a decent amount to like about this movie. Great cinematography, decent acting, ample gore & solid fx. However this movie had a little too much to unravel, which makes coherency a struggle. The progression does ok to keep up the suspense, but the convoluted mess of resolving storylines made the entire experience feel scattershot & diluted. A large part of the problem being the film is bogged down by an over-reliance of dull flashbacks that don't always illuminate much to the story.

I also struggled a bit with the premise. Several seemingly random tourists all congregate on the same bus, each containing a uniquely dark past. Am I to merely believe that some dark fate has brought them all together? The driver stating "all sinners are welcome on this bus" was indeed good use of foreshadowing, but hardly a basis for the how & why this group was assembled. May have missed something here but it was hardly believable.

It wasn't a bad movie by any means. It has some good moments, but simply wasn't coherent enough to truly make a lot of sense. And nothing really felt very memorable about it. It has almost no replay value to it, even if it does have some good creativity & creepiness present throughout the film. I would still recommend it to the slasher fans in here.

Run of the 'wind'mill slasher flick... 6/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started doing one of those 31 Days of Horror challenges on twitter... Basically just a questionnaire for horror enthusiasts. But the challenge is to post about it each day. Would love to see everyone in here's list if they're interested! Feel free to provide explanations if you're bored and be as elaborate as you want. Some questions aren't very specific. And to state the obvious, all questions are for HORROR genre so don't answer with anything outside of that.

EFvrGSgWkAAdzPF

Copy&Paste this if you want:

1. Favorite Film Directed By A Woman:
2. Favorite Death:
3. Favorite Author:
4. Favorite Scream Queen:
5. Best Franchise:
6. Best Female Performance:
7. Best TV Show:
8. Non-Horror Film That Scared You:
9. Most Memorable Jump Scare:
10. Best Found-Footage Film:
11. Best Female-Led Film:
12. Favorite Subgenre:
13. Best Gore ****:
14. Favorite Remake:
15. Least Favorite Remake:
16. Favorite Final Girl:
17. Best Zombie Film:
18. Best Slasher Film:
19. Favorite Sequel:
20. Last Horror Film You Watched:
21. Most Underrated Film:
22. Favorite Book:
23. Favorite Film Written By A Woman:
24. Creepiest Child In Horror:
25. Best Cameo:
26. Favorite Female Killer:
27. Favorite Universal Monster:
28. Favorite Scream King:
29. Best 2019 Horror Film:
30. Best Horror of the 2010s:
31. Why Do You Love Horror:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost went with Mary Harron's American Psycho... But that answer felt too easy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had a hard time with this one... So many great ones came to mind for so many different reasons. Iconic deaths like Quint in Jaws (1975), Kane's chestburster scene in Alien (1979), Georgie's death in IT (1990). Funny ones like Samuel L Jackson's death in Deep Blue Sea (1999), the garage door death in the original Scream (1996). Or visually stunning ones like Johnny Depp's death in Nightmare On Elm Street (1984), or the monster escape scene in Cabin In the Woods (2011). And a plethora of ones that simply make you shit your pants from a jumpscares... But instead went with one that was ultimately satisfying.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the movie A. M. I.

It was so good I got up and did a load of laundry while it was on...

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI, I can't answer all these with Horror representation.

1. Favorite Film Directed By A Woman: Going with Lynne Ramsay purely because of You Were Never Really Here. I really enjoyed the Hurt Locker from Bigelow, but YWNRH had so much more of a cinematic theme and element, it was horrifyingly beautiful while simultaneously gross.

2. Favorite Death: If I am thinking of a singular death, I am thinking of something that made me laugh or just something completely off the wall. For this, I would have to go with the Thunder dying in Big Trouble In Little China. - I mean wth was that about lol.

3. Favorite Author: Franz Kafka. The Trial was something that always stuck with me.

4. Favorite Scream Queen: You have to mention Jamie Lee Curtis, but she was a bit before my time. I think Neve Campbell is more my time, but I would like to go with Kate Beckinsale based purely off of being so damn hot.

5. Best Franchise: Friday the 13th or Halloween. Ft13th is more entertaining in that it reaches across with some humor and action, but Halloween (1978) and in my opinion, Halloween (2018) were the best made movies.

6. Best Female Performance: Jamie Lee Curtis or Neve Campbell. I think both were solid. But given that it is recent, I think I would have to give the nod to Toni Collette in Hereditary.

7. Best TV Show: Thinking along horror/sci-fi lines, I would have to go with The X-Files.

8. Non-Horror Film That Scared You: Hmm... Signs or The Fourth Kind kind of freaked me out, made my hairs rise. Didn't really "scare" me, but like I said, freaked me out a bit.

9. Most Memorable Jump Scare: Again, I always think of Signs in this case. When Gibsons character is looking outside of his daughters window and you see the silhouette of the Alien. As well as Insidious when the red faced demon appears behind Wilsons character.

10. Best Found-Footage Film: Another tie, I like The Fourth Kind as well as the first Paranormal Activity. Honestly can't remember about some.

11. Best Female-Led Film: Hereditary I suppose. Try to stay away from Halloween as much as possible lol. I mean that movie has made its mark already.

12. Favorite Subgenre: Slasher and Supernatural (as if you couldn't already tell).

13. Best Gore ****: Cabin Fever, Evil Dead, or how about Freaked? Anyone remember that 90's bust?

14. Favorite Remake: Either The Thing (1982) or Halloween (2018).

15. Least Favorite Remake: Haven't seen all of them, but I remember being thoroughly disappointed after The Nightmare on Elm Street remake.

16. Favorite Final Girl: Whoever's hottest lol. I couldn't tell ya this one.

17. Best Zombie Film: Shaun of the Dead

18. Best Slasher Film: Probably A Nightmare on Elm Street or Scream.

19. Favorite Sequel: Halloween 2018.

20. Last Horror Film You Watched: It Chapter 2.

21. Most Underrated Film: The Fourth Kind. Admittedly it has been a while since I have seen this (and I know its fake), but it stuck with me. Idk, aliens freak me out lol.

22. Favorite Book: The Trial

23. Favorite Film Written By A Woman: Halloween

24. Creepiest Child In Horror: Probably Children of the Corn

25. Best Cameo: Either Bill Murray (Zombieland) or Wes Craven (Scream).

26. Favorite Female Killer: Bates in Misery lol.

27. Favorite Universal Monster: Dr. Jekyll

28. Favorite Scream King: Gotta be Lance Henriksen or Robert Englund

29. Best 2019 Horror Film: Honestly, I haven't been too impressed this year, but I also haven't seen a ton. I think I am going to rent Midsommar next weekend.

30. Best Horror of the 2010s: Conjuring, Halloween 2018, Cabin in the Woods

31. Why Do You Love Horror: Honestly, I did a little study piece on horror/scary films and realized how difficult it really is to do scary and horror flicks. Prior to that, I just thought that people sucked and never really appreciated certain aspects. Evil Dead for example, the camera chasing in the woods... something so basic, but impactful and completely different for its time.