• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys. God help me, I am about to watch...this:

The-Walking-Deceased-movie-banner-665x385.jpg

I'll let you know if I survive. ;)

:lol:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to take a lot of dedication to get this to 10k.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks creepy:

I was hesitant to click on this after watching your bestiality sheep trailer a few weeks ago... But I must say that looks pretty damn good! lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Digging Up the Marrow (2015)

My main problem with the movie is that I am confused as to what Adam Green intended to do here. By playing himself, and having several other notable horror names cameo as themselves, (people like Kane Hodder and Tom Holland), it seems that he wants to blur the lines between fact and fiction making the movie seem all the more believable. However, by casting a VERY recognizable actor, Ray Wise, as the fictional character at the center of all this, he ruins the illusion and makes it obvious that this is a work of fiction. I honestly have no idea why he did that (Makes you wonder "why bother?"). But aside from that, this movie is great entertainment! From the start you are set in a "mockumentary" of sorts that leads you into a monster hunt. The suspense is intense at some moments, but it does have a tendency to rely on the jump scares. Definitely far from original (Nightbreed), of which many people say is ripping off Clive Barker since the characters & names are almost identical. But I think this is Green's way to pay homage to Barker's genius, not rip it off. The entire movie comes off as a side project of sorts. It could have used more explanation, attention to detail, & monsters rather than lengthy dialogue sessions. Almost seems like Green was building up a great plot only to cut it short because he ran out of time lol.

Entertaining! 6/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woman In Black 2 (2014)

A lot of people didn't care for the 1st installment of this movie series, but you have to admit that the storylines are gripping. It didn't help that they casted Harry Potter, err I mean Daniel Radcliff in the 1st movie lol. The sequel's plot & ending is predictable but it features some good jumps along the way. Not an overall scary movie but good enough. There wasn't very many links to the first film, so it almost feels like a do-over in a sense. Good film in all, and it is better than the first IMO. Great filming, acting, setting, & cgi. The setting really adds to the ghostly element and helps unease the viewer. Perfect attention to detail in every scene.

Worth the watch! 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON!!!!

The Vatican Tapes (2015)

Release Date: July 24th

Sorry for the late review! Been busy lately with holidays, drinking, and sech. Looks intense, but I'll temper my expectations. First off, I've always thought that Lionsgate has a big reputation for appeal that ultimately underwhelms. And secondly, its another PG-13 thriller in the devil/exorcism genre but thankfully its not another "found-footage" film. The last 5 or so movies that I've watched in that mold have always provided mild entertainment (Deliver Us From Evil, The Possession, Devil Inside, Devil Seed, The Rite, etc), but fell far from expectations. I don't care how you chop it up and serve it to us, this genre has been extremely overcooked to the point of a charcoal brick. Sure the devil & possession are good basis for scare tactics and creepy vibes, but how many different ways can you really present it as new material?

I wouldn't waste my money on it...

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Digging Up the Marrow (2015)

My main problem with the movie is that I am confused as to what Adam Green intended to do here. By playing himself, and having several other notable horror names cameo as themselves, (people like Kane Hodder and Tom Holland), it seems that he wants to blur the lines between fact and fiction making the movie seem all the more believable. However, by casting a VERY recognizable actor, Ray Wise, as the fictional character at the center of all this, he ruins the illusion and makes it obvious that this is a work of fiction. I honestly have no idea why he did that (Makes you wonder "why bother?"). But aside from that, this movie is great entertainment! From the start you are set in a "mockumentary" of sorts that leads you into a monster hunt. The suspense is intense at some moments, but it does have a tendency to rely on the jump scares. Definitely far from original (Nightbreed), of which many people say is ripping off Clive Barker since the characters & names are almost identical. But I think this is Green's way to pay homage to Barker's genius, not rip it off. The entire movie comes off as a side project of sorts. It could have used more explanation, attention to detail, & monsters rather than lengthy dialogue sessions. Almost seems like Green was building up a great plot only to cut it short because he ran out of time lol.

Entertaining! 6/10

It confused me a bit too for the exact reasons that you are stating. If you are trying to make a "faux-real" documentary style horror film, then why put Ray Wise in the lead role? He is very well known. Put an unknown actor in the role to make it seem like a real off the street guy.

I didn't catch the Clive Barker- Nightbreed link. I will have to go back and read the book (or see the movie) again to put that together.

Basically, I saw it as a tribute to the horror industry in general but now I see that it was that and a Barker tribute.

I will have to watch Green's TV series at some point. My understanding is that it is similar in the sense that it uses insider views of the horror industry.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woman In Black 2 (2014)

A lot of people didn't care for the 1st installment of this movie series, but you have to admit that the storylines are gripping. It didn't help that they casted Harry Potter, err I mean Daniel Radcliff in the 1st movie lol. The sequel's plot & ending is predictable but it features some good jumps along the way. Not an overall scary movie but good enough. There wasn't very many links to the first film, so it almost feels like a do-over in a sense. Good film in all, and it is better than the first IMO. Great filming, acting, setting, & cgi. The setting really adds to the ghostly element and helps unease the viewer. Perfect attention to detail in every scene.

Worth the watch! 7/10

I liked the first Woman in Black movie quite a lot. I thought that Radcliff did a good job and it was a nice move for him to step away from the kiddy Potter type role.

Didn't like this one as much. The story was not as well-executed as in the first one. Still a decent horror flick but I thought that it actually suffered a bit when compared to the first one. Everything in it was ok, but never really came together like it should for some reason.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON!!!!

The Possession Experiment (2015)

Release Date: "2015"

Read my "Vatican Tapes" preview/commentary above. Nothing else to add, but I will say... This one looks better than the Vatican Tapes. Looks like it is done better with more fx/cgi. But don't get your hopes up for a big release. It has been pushed since 2014, and if it hasn't nailed down a release date by now, then it is probably going to bounce around more. It is one of my biggest pet peeves of the hollywood industry when they release a trailer but don't specify a specific release date... Therefore making it a push candidate. I waited for years for "Flight 7500" (later renamed 7500), and I'm still waiting for others (Gracefield Incident, Classroom 6).

:gaah:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON!!!!

Howl (2015)

@jakedog56 will like this one since he's a werewolf movie fan (amongst others)! Looks like another "push candidate", however it appears it will be released in the UK at some point. Therefore it will at least be readily available online whenever that happens. But this movie looks like the typical survival horror film, but I can't say that I've ever seen that specific genre with a werewolf before. Most werewolf horror films are filled with drama and plot twists, this one looks more cut & dry but intense! The cgi/fx looks pretty good, but you never really know until you actually watch it. Trailers can be deceiving.

Lookin forward to it!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON!!!!

Howl (2015)

@jakedog56 will like this one since he's a werewolf movie fan (amongst others)! Looks like another "push candidate", however it appears it will be released in the UK at some point. Therefore it will at least be readily available online whenever that happens. But this movie looks like the typical survival horror film, but I can't say that I've ever seen that specific genre with a werewolf before. Most werewolf horror films are filled with drama and plot twists, this one looks more cut & dry but intense! The cgi/fx looks pretty good, but you never really know until you actually watch it. Trailers can be deceiving.

Lookin forward to it!

Werewolf movies are so hit and miss (with it being about 20% hit and 80% miss) but the good ones can be excellent (Same as the Zombie movie genre used to be before the giant flood of them in recent years), but the trailer for this one looks pretty good!

My biggest worry is that they put most of the cool stuff in the trailer (the "wolf" looks pretty awesome!) and we have already seen the movie highlights.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest worry is that they put most of the cool stuff in the trailer (the "wolf" looks pretty awesome!) and we have already seen the movie highlights.
This is always one of my biggest worries watching trailers. More often than not, you are right. You really start to appreciate the good film producers that take the time to make good trailers that either mask or dilute the best parts of the movie.

Reactions: DJ

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: I never got to watch Walking Deceased, got busy with other stuff.

I know it's killing ya'll, but you'll have to wait another week or so for my review. If it's even half as good/bad as Zombeaver, I'll be happy. :nod:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched "The Gallows" tonight

was in the "meh" to "watchable" range to me

If you like the Paranormal Activity movies you will probably like this. If not then it's probably not for you. I probably liked it a tad more, but not much of a difference.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you like the Paranormal Activity movies you will probably like this. If not then it's probably not for you. I probably liked it a tad more, but not much of a difference.
Pretty much what I expect... I'll watch it sometime this weekend

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much what I expect... I'll watch it sometime this weekend

I've been very curious about this movie. The ads are pretty relentless and nicely done.

But seriously, never being able to say the name "Charlie" might pose a problem for some people. ;)

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally watched Zombeavers. Pretty hilarious! Reminds me of Pirana 3D (also hilarious!).

Stuck at home with a nasty cough and fever so I am seeing several movies today.

Also watched We Are What We Are. Very slow but well acted and directed with an interesting story. It would be a good double-feature with Ravenous (excellent Robert Carlyle-Guy Pierce flick. See it if you haven't already.

Watching Wicked Little Things as we speak. Zombie-kids. Kind of a Children of the Corn meets the Hatfields feel to it. Not bad so far.