• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Cottage Country with Tyler Labine and Malin Akerman. Pretty good movie along the lines of Tucker and Dale vs Evil. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Cottage Country with Tyler Labine and Malin Akerman. Pretty good movie along the lines of Tucker and Dale vs Evil. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.
I agree, thought it had some good moments. But it was nowhere near as funny as D&TvsEvil.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched House of the Devil last night. I was not expecting too much but it was pretty good. Very slow paced for much of the film. It was an ode to the early 70s style horror flick in every way.

Worth a watch but don't go in expecting fast paced action. Decent acting and direction.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also watched Vanishing on 7th Street. Was laughing when I saw it cost $10 million to make but only grossed $22,000 in the USA so I was not expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. It turned out to be a decent flick!

It had kind of a cool story (albeit the ending was kind of lame), production values were high, acting was eh (has some name actors), sfxs were pretty good.

Developed a decent creepy anxiety throughout. Not top of the list but worth a watch (I rate both this and House of the Devil about the same).

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I missed it but I'll bring it up again.

Afflicted. (2013)

There has been no shortage of movies for this genre the last decade.
But this was a very unique take and was done in "first person" and done very well.

Well worth a watch imo.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Loved Ones (2009)

(@jakedog56's recommendation)

What a ride! This film is fun to watch! Excellent performances, good soundtrack and smooth production. I was very impressed with the director's plot/character establishment and his progression. The direction was a bit bizarre, but not knowing where this film is going to lead you was half the fun. It took risks, but still pulled it off. Some of the "tie-in" plot won't make much sense to you in the end and could have been cut out, but you'll glaze over it! There is a lot of blood, but very little gore. Much of the violence takes place out of shot or is shot quick enough where you aren't overly disgusted. Jakedog was right about this family being fucked in the head two-ways from Tuesday. And that's putting it VERY lightly. Still, this film is horrific and compensates by being pretty damn funny. Great filming, setting, characters, score, etc...

You owe it to yourself... 8/10

Wow, never heard of this one, buy it is going on my must see list.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indigenous (2014)

We've seen tons of survival horror films from the past filled with clichés like foreign tourists who dare to travel to an unknown place despite warnings from locals. Surprisingly, while it has minor flaws ranging from typical horror clichés to a few shortcomings, this movie was quite entertaining! If you loved the Descent, then this is right up your alley! The entire cast is new, but their acting is spot-on. The film had a low budget but you don't notice. There's no sign of any sub-par CGI. The plot is very cut and dry, but the progression is intense and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The setting & filming are great. Overall, I would recommend everyone to watch this.

Enjoy! 8/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stranger (2014)

Another great film by Eli Roth. As you can expect from Roth, the acting is outstanding and the writing is solid with great direction. This film is an intriguing and mysterious thriller that also presents some horror goods as well. Without going too over-the-top, the suspense builds slowly and unleashes the crazy moments sparingly, but effectively. The plot is pretty unique & somewhat original and makes an impact with some awe-inspiring moments. Nicolas Duran, who makes his film debut here, deserves high praise for delivering such an exceptional performance.

Not very scary, but very worthwhile. 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creep (2014)

This film rests upon and succeeds because of Mark Duplass' excellent performance. His acting is of the type of person we've all met at one time or another... Someone a little bit too keen to be your friend, inspiring conflicting feelings of suspicion as to their motives and empathy with regard to their attempts at social interaction. This movie is simple, but still delivers quite a thrill ride! It's clear early on that something isn't quite right, and as you can probably assume, its somewhat predictable. Despite an occasional reliance on jump scares, the suspense flows nicely and keeps you guessing as to where it will end up going. The resolution is well-judged and perfectly executed. The only knock I gave it was that the film is dialogue-heavy. But like I said, Duplass did an amazing job. He was creepy, unnerving and discomforting...

Impressed! 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie's Farm (2014)

And the award for "The Most Fucked Up Way To Die In A Horror Movie" goes to....... You guessed it! But seriously, if you watch this movie you'll know exactly the part I'm talking about. Really fucked up! This movie is your typical, meaningless slasher horror film. Big scary man-animal chasing around half-twits is decent fun. I didn't have very high expectations for it (they casted Tara Reid for god-sake) so I wasn't disappointed. I will say this is one of those "best viewed when drunk" types. Once you realize about 45 to an hour in that Tara Reid is the only person left alive, you really start to hit the booze hard. Its entertaining in the right state of mind! Just be thankful that Tara Reid didn't attempt to slaughter an Aussie accent.

Nothing great. 5/10

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,091.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Empire of the Ants (HG Wells) with Joan Rivers over the weekend.

Trippy.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching The Mist. Gotta be the fourth or fifth time I've seen it.

Stephen King's version of a good old-fashioned monster movie, even if Darabont did change the ending. :thumb:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching The Mist. Gotta be the fourth or fifth time I've seen it.

Stephen King's version of a good old-fashioned monster movie, even if Darabont did change the ending. :thumb:
Great movie! Always liked Thomas Jane. The ending was pretty messed up, but I always appreciate twists of that nature. Keeps you on your toes instead of being able to predict every horror/thriller film.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Empire of the Ants (HG Wells) with Joan Rivers over the weekend.

Trippy.
Don't think I've ever seen it... But I think you mean Joan Collins, correct? Joan Rivers in a horror movie would be frightening.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great movie! Always liked Thomas Jane. The ending was pretty messed up, but I always appreciate twists of that nature. Keeps you on your toes instead of being able to predict every horror/thriller film.

Yep, and I came to appreciate the movie ending more. In the story, King just kinda had them ride off into the sunset...so to speak.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys. God help me, I am about to watch...this:

The-Walking-Deceased-movie-banner-665x385.jpg

I'll let you know if I survive. ;)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys. God help me, I am about to watch...this:

The-Walking-Deceased-movie-banner-665x385.jpg

I'll let you know if I survive. ;)
I saw that on the Netflix banner... Dear God... Where does Netflix dig these up from?