• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still have 2 episodes to go.

I think I burned through it in 3 nights... such an easy watch.

thinking about checking out The Terror on AMC. remember seeing commercials for it last year, but didn't look interesting. guess it's an anthology series and every time i see a commercial for this years it looks intriguing.

Cut the cord a long time ago, so I don't have AMC.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Taddy Mason @Nasty_Magician @Terry Rode @Psych-Ward @Win TWINS!!! @Montalban @R.J. MacReady @Chef99 @Blackshirts BLVD @DJ @UVA_Guy81 @Nosferatu

Got a request for anyone that wants to answer...

Give me your top 5 horror TV shows.
This can be all-time or just current favorites. Or hell, if you're bored enough give me a top 10 (or however many) to encompass both. Or if you're lazy just give me some good recommendations!

I need to get into more horror TV shows. Seriously lacking in that department. I'm looking for great TV shows with an emphasis on horror.

Shows I have watched:
The Twilight Zone
The X-Files
Tales From the Crypt
Penny Dreadful
American Horror Story (not this newest one yet)
The Walking Dead
Stranger Things
Supernatural (didn't watch the last 3-4 seasons, because honestly I'm not sure why I made it that far... Tailored to teenaged girls lol. First couple seasons were better for horror, but now its just a sci-fantasy drama).
Ash vs Evil Dead

My wife & I just finished Black Summer, and honestly I thought it was garbage. She liked it. Not a bad story, just not a fan of the characters or acting at all. And the Tarantino-esque production gets tiresome quickly.

Still need to get into NOS4A2. Also heard good things about Hannibal & Bates Motel. Haven't taken the plunge yet.
No particular order here:
Ash vs Evil Dead
Twilight Zone (original)
Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction
Stranger Things
The Walking Dead (even though I tuned out about a couple of seasons ago)

If Jericho counted, I’d definitely replace TWD with that as I loved that show. Tales from the Crypt was usually solid. Didn’t know if I should count Joe Bob Briggs’ late night “show” on TNT or not so I didn’t include it. I’m sure there are plenty of others that I liked that I just can’t think of at the moment.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Taddy Mason @Nasty_Magician @Terry Rode @Psych-Ward @Win TWINS!!! @Montalban @R.J. MacReady @Chef99 @Blackshirts BLVD @DJ @UVA_Guy81 @Nosferatu

Got a request for anyone that wants to answer...

Give me your top 5 horror TV shows.
This can be all-time or just current favorites. Or hell, if you're bored enough give me a top 10 (or however many) to encompass both. Or if you're lazy just give me some good recommendations!

I need to get into more horror TV shows. Seriously lacking in that department. I'm looking for great TV shows with an emphasis on horror.

Shows I have watched:
The Twilight Zone
The X-Files
Tales From the Crypt
Penny Dreadful
American Horror Story (not this newest one yet)
The Walking Dead
Stranger Things
Supernatural (didn't watch the last 3-4 seasons, because honestly I'm not sure why I made it that far... Tailored to teenaged girls lol. First couple seasons were better for horror, but now its just a sci-fantasy drama).
Ash vs Evil Dead

My wife & I just finished Black Summer, and honestly I thought it was garbage. She liked it. Not a bad story, just not a fan of the characters or acting at all. And the Tarantino-esque production gets tiresome quickly.

Still need to get into NOS4A2. Also heard good things about Hannibal & Bates Motel. Haven't taken the plunge yet.

Twilight Zone should be broken up into 3 periods... IMO.

If lumped together, they don't make the list. If it's for the the 60s... top 5. Don't know anything about the latest, though... and 80s flat out sucked

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker and Dale vs Evil is great. It's much more comedy than horror.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I burned through it in 3 nights... such an easy watch.

Cut the cord a long time ago, so I don't have AMC.
after the first episode i wanted to make sure to spread it out make sure i'm watching when it's dark. wanted to save some for October too, been saving some of my daily horror watches (went into a lot with low expectations, burned through some Hammer Films last week working from home, at a certain point they all just bleed together.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twilight Zone should be broken up into 3 periods... IMO.

If lumped together, they don't make the list. If it's for the the 60s... top 5. Don't know anything about the latest, though... and 80s flat out sucked
the latest was fairly disappointing. want to say they got better as the season went on, but that only goes so far. didn't even know the 80s had a different twilight zone.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think i've watched much in the way of horror TV aside from the original Twilight Zone which was obviously excellent, I did really like The Walking Dead but like others I stopped watching like 3 seasons ago.

I don't have cable anymore just Netflix, Hulu and Prime any suggestions where I should start would be appreciated.

I did like some of the outer limits episodes.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV shows, correct? Here we go.

!: The Outer Limits (First version; loved it since I was a little kid, and always will).
2: The Walking Dead (The first two seasons with Frank Darabont showrunning will never be matched).
3: The Twilight Zone (original Rod Serling version; for the times, it was awesome stuff).
4: The Twilight Zone (2nd series; the episode with the bug eating its way through the guy's ear was awesome).
5: Kolchak: The Night Stalker (This one may be a bit of a cheat; loved the original tv movie and faithfully followed the series, although it was watered down and nowhere as good. Still, a guilty pleasure).

Special Bonus TV Movie: "Trilogy of Terror". Karen Black gettin' stalked by that little doll screamin' "Eee! Eee! Eee!".
If you have never seen this movie, please take my advice and check it out. The Karen Black episode is horror tv at its finest, and waaaay ahead of its time. :nod::nod::nod:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the latest was fairly disappointing. want to say they got better as the season went on, but that only goes so far. didn't even know the 80s had a different twilight zone.

After the success of TZ: The Movie as an homage to Rod Serling, they decided to make some more... and it was an abortion.

That aside... I do enjoy catching Night Gallery (another Rod Serling series) on occassion (MeTV). It wasn't nearly as popular as Twilight Zone, though, and a little more on the hokie side of things, but the stories are pretty good.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV shows, correct? Here we go.

!: The Outer Limits (First version; loved it since I was a little kid, and always will).
2: The Walking Dead (The first two seasons with Frank Darabont showrunning will never be matched).
3: The Twilight Zone (original Rod Serling version; for the times, it was awesome stuff).
4: The Twilight Zone (2nd series; the episode with the bug eating its way through the guy's ear was awesome).
5: Kolchak: The Night Stalker (This one may be a bit of a cheat; loved the original tv movie and faithfully followed the series, although it was watered down and nowhere as good. Still, a guilty pleasure).

Special Bonus TV Movie: "Trilogy of Terror". Karen Black gettin' stalked by that little doll screamin' "Eee! Eee! Eee!".
If you have never seen this movie, please take my advice and check it out. The Karen Black episode is horror tv at its finest, and waaaay ahead of its time. :nod::nod::nod:
i had only heard of kolchak recently (within the last five years) as a sort of cult thing to watch. was cool to see the dad from a christmas story in it, but was disappointed overall with it. that said, it was seen as a precursor to stuff like the x-files being able to be made, so from that standpoint, my hats off to it.

KB horror icon, RIP.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had only heard of kolchak recently (within the last five years) as a sort of cult thing to watch. was cool to see the dad from a christmas story in it, but was disappointed overall with it. that said, it was seen as a precursor to stuff like the x-files being able to be made, so from that standpoint, my hats off to it.

KB horror icon, RIP.

Watch the original movie, bro. It captures the spirit. :)

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I absolutely loved the second season, it was still about the walkers. When Sophia came walking out of the barn
marked the first time in my life I ever yelled at the TV!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard of it from the daily morning thread. watched the first two episodes and am not getting it.

That's unfortuante... I can't think of anyone I've either talked with or recommended it to, that hasn't laughed their ass off.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the success of TZ: The Movie as an homage to Rod Serling, they decided to make some more... and it was an abortion.

That aside... I do enjoy catching Night Gallery (another Rod Serling series) on occassion (MeTV). It wasn't nearly as popular as Twilight Zone, though, and a little more on the hokie side of things, but the stories are pretty good.
the movie was a success? i think i only saw that within the past 5 years as well and... don't recall thinking fondly of it.

never heard of night gallery, will check it out (well, at least i see 1 season of it is available via imdb tv) so will see how that season goes .

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's unfortuante... I can't think of anyone I've either talked with or recommended it to, that hasn't laughed their ass off.
i may have caught more than 2 episodes. none of it came off as laugh out loud funny for me. perhaps it's a flyover state thing (as those were the folks that reference it).

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the movie was a success? i think i only saw that within the past 5 years as well and... don't recall thinking fondly of it.

Box office? :noidea: I've never watched it, though, to be honest, so can't say.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker and Dale vs Evil is great. It's much more comedy than horror.

I’ve watched it a few times. Discovered it a while back while trying to find something to watch. Turned out to be a pleasant surprise and a recommend for other people to watch.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KB horror icon, RIP.
I remember that ABC did a remake of it many years ago with Stuart Townsend and Gabrielle Union but it bombed in the ratings and got cancelled after around 6 episodes or so.